Replies

• cupcakerpie
    cupcakerpie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HEY. I am ALSO on keto/IF. Let's be pals? :D
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know what keto is. Do you mean you're on a low cal diet or not eating at all? If it's a really low cal diet then I would fit in:)
  • cassousou1
    cassousou1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's Keto? I see it used often when intermittent fast is being discussed.

I plan to start IF come Aug 1st so I'm still doing some research. I don't want to lose a lot of weight just about 3-5lbs. Would you guys suggest IF for that amount or just stick to my cardio/weight training?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    What @ljw5021 posted while I was typing is a great overview with good examples of links and food choices.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10581670/berger-on-gng-and-bg-rise-after-protein-consumption-meat-does-not-make-sugar#latest

The link in the very first post in this MFP thread after three years helped to to understand ketone levels are not my main concern. Becoming fat adapted (being able to burn fat well for energy) trumps Ketone levels.

This is not a short simple read but it can wipe out many of the false statements made about nutritional ketosis.
  • l8iane
    l8iane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im in keto/fasting too for two weeks now...
  • grace3235
    grace3235 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5...really struggling today :( the battle between good and chocolate o:)>:)o:)o:)
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i been doing it for month now and lost 10 pounds .
    my eating window is from noon to 8pm. i also cycle 3
    day of 3 meals to 3 days to 2 meals aday.
  • awildwomanatheart
    awildwomanatheart Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it! I've been Keto for 5wks now and love it. It's so much simpler for me, compared to other methods I've tried in the past. Once I got over the initial week, I felt sooo much better. Also I am currently fasting and plan to continue doing so intermittently as well. I still have quite a long way to go, but feel free to add me! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • mollysmom310
    mollysmom310 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have been doing keto for about two weeks now. Had my first cheat meal and totally regretted it. Such a big headache.
  • zkinner2
    zkinner2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of keto with calorie deficit and it's been amazing, lots of energy, rapid weight loss
  • trishmac35
    trishmac35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of keto. Down 8lbs feeling good!
  • Somya04
    Somya04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started Keto a week back! The thread is inspiring
  • lilley1974
    lilley1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto but I'm not doing it 100%, would like to meet others to challenge/motivate myself.
  • wilsokris
    wilsokris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Back into Keto for the past week after a little break. Lost 20lbs in two months before, looking to drop the last 20! Add me if you'd like :)
  • tishaalvarez9370
    tishaalvarez9370 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    grace3235 wrote: »
    I am on day 5...really struggling today :( the battle between good and chocolate o:)>:)o:)o:)
    girl get some sugar free chocolate... Russel Stovers has saved my life for chocolate cravings. I also make a shake each morning with Ketond and I use two tablespoons of sugar free Hershey's syrup to help mask the salty taste.....I am good with those things and I had a SUPER sweet tooth before I stated Keto.