Infused water! What's up with this trend?

1235»

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    You guys are using complicated infusers if you need tiny brushes. One pic is the actual infuser chamber... and it's large. The pink part screws off and as you can see, easily can fit normal sponges and cloths. The other pic is of it assembled with fruit (and such). My "Green Canteen" is cheap and washes easily in the dishwasher. And the mouth spout is just an open spout that seals when the lid is closed (someone mentioned weird drinking spouts earlier in the thread).

7vj2l12dpu1h.jpg
    pk79bfdgdxhb.jpg
  • ADeCapua
    ADeCapua Posts: 35 Member
    What is better to use, an infuser tumbler or infuser pitcher ? And how do you calculate any calories for logging purposes ?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    A few extra vitamins and better taste tend to help some people drink more water.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Don't think it would count as "infused", but last year I would blend 100g frozen strawberries with two cups of water. Mostly did it for flavor and a little sugar boost while I was swimming and enjoyed it.
  • kwaasen
    kwaasen Posts: 11 Member

Not that there's anything wrong with juice or soda, as long as you can fit it in your calorie allowance. [/quote]

I disagre! You can live on chips and fizzy drinks within your calorie allowance, but come on that would make you seriously malnourished. As an example 1 can of coke that is about the same as 2 boiled eggs. That means you will miss out a lot of nutrients such as protein and vitamin.
    However a little juice can substitute some fruit, but without the fibres your blood sugar will be more affected.
  • kitzykarly
    kitzykarly Posts: 32 Member
    I think it's tasty, but will always love water. Just plain water! But I think it could help people who need more flavor to hydrate. Also, if you're feeling snacky, but not necessarily hungry, the flavor might be the oomph you need to curb that craving.
    Makes me think of the stuff my dad puts in the horses water to encourage them to drink on rides!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    edited August 2017
    kwaasen wrote: »

Not that there's anything wrong with juice or soda, as long as you can fit it in your calorie allowance.

I disagre! You can live on chips and fizzy drinks within your calorie allowance, but come on that would make you seriously malnourished. As an example 1 can of coke that is about the same as 2 boiled eggs. That means you will miss out a lot of nutrients such as protein and vitamin.
    However a little juice can substitute some fruit, but without the fibres your blood sugar will be more affected.
    [/quote]

Oh dear - I dont think anyone is suggesting living entirely on chips and fizzy drinks. :s

I personally dont drink cans of coke - but i eat other 'treat' things that have at least the calories of 2 boiled eggs - like cake - and, like most people, can do so without missing out on lots of nutrients

you know, balance and moderation.