Do you 'forget' to eat lunch?

Options

Replies

• kwaasen
    kwaasen Posts: 11 Member
    Options

[quote="GottaBurnEmAll;c-40141943"

I do skip breakfast on purpose to help manage my calories now, if that counts.[/quote]

Oh! Doesn't that affect your energy levels or give you cravings later on?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    kwaasen wrote: »
    [quote="GottaBurnEmAll;c-40141943"

I do skip breakfast on purpose to help manage my calories now, if that counts.

Oh! Doesn't that affect your energy levels or give you cravings later on?
    [/quote]

I know you didn't ask me, but I do the same and to the contrary - I find the earlier I eat, the hungrier I am throughout the day. I'm much more in control of my calories when I don't eat until I'm hungry, which is generally lunch.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I do. On busy work days. Say at 12 I plan to grab my lunchbox and I am actually very hungry too, but something urgent comes up. I am busy with that until 2 pm, then I just keep working and around half past 4 I realise I never had that lunch.
    I never was really overweight (that I am aware of) but also close for my height/frame.
    When I am really sick I also forget to eat. I realise at around 6 pm that I have been living off tea and sleep for the day.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes it has happened to me and I have had a weight problem.
    It does not happen often but if I am very busy it happens. It can also happen if I have had a huge breakfast for instance before going for a hike. I am then so engrossed by nature that occasionally I really have come to the conclusion that well it was late in the afternoon and I may as well have an early large meal for dinner
  • kitzykarly
    kitzykarly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If I have a snack and then get engrossed in something I may forget dinner, and by the time I realize it, I'd rather go to bed than eat. But then when I get up I'm super hungry and have a big breakfast :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I forget to eat lunch or one of my snacks or something.

For example, I usually have a banana at 12:30 pm ... the other day I was walking around town on my lunch break at about 1:30 pm and wondering why I felt more hungry than usual, and suddenly realised I'd forgotten to eat my snack.

Last Monday was my first full day of classes at uni (plus work). I go to work for an hour or so, run around like a chicken with my head cut off, then walk briskly for 3 km to the university, attend classes, and finally go to the gym ... I wasn't sure what my breaks would be like or what to bring to eat, and so it wasn't till about 4:15 during the break between my classes and the gym that I realised I should eat something before an intense spinning class.

Food just isn't at the forefront of my mind.

And I don't think I've really had a weight problem. I gained some weight while travelling around the world at eating everything in sight ... lots of great food out there! But then I lost it after I settled again.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When I was obese I would skip meals all the time.
    Now that I am actually following a plan set up for me by my trainer, NEVER!!! I am constantly hungry because of my insane weightlifting and workout schedule. Literally, I always want to eat - so I do. Every 3-4 hours I have a meal.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lunch does not fit into my work day. I eat when I get home.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I don't forget to eat lunch, mostly I just don't do it. Or breakfast. I had breakfast and dinner today.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I love food too much to forget to eat any meal. Even with much healthier eating and at goal weight I still love my food.
  • kitzykarly
    Options
    Yeesh, such animosity! Sometimes one justa gets busy and super-focused and the only thing on the mind is the task at hand!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    kitzykarly wrote: »
    Yeesh, such animosity! Sometimes one justa gets busy and super-focused and the only thing on the mind is the task at hand!

LOL My stomach will always let me know when it's time to eat, no matter how engrossed I am. :smiley:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »

LOL My stomach will always let me know when it's time to eat, no matter how engrossed I am. :smiley:

Haahaa yeah, there are times I skip lunch because of work or whatever, but forget it? Nu-uh! I feel every missed lunch!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »

Haahaa yeah, there are times I skip lunch because of work or whatever, but forget it? Nu-uh! I feel every missed lunch!

Yes! This is true. Skip because of being very busy or having to finish a chore or project - for sure. Forgetting? Oh my. Never. Sometimes I wish I were like that.
  • kitzykarly
    Options
    Hmm, I do love food, but if I start head nodding and realize it's late and I haven't had dinner, sleep wins me over every time! Ha! Maybe I'm more lazy than food-driven!
  • suffolkbobby
    suffolkbobby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As a former long distance driver, I used to skip all meals until the evening meal, then I'd sleep. I smoked back then so a cigarette was a substitute for food, not the healthiest way to live as I found out.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have and I'm still a fattie.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have never, ever forgotten to eat a meal.

The closest I've come is not being in a position to eat it, but being busy with something so I don't really think about wanting to eat or being hungry. And I did skip meals a lot in my early twenties, when I was deliberately trying to lose weight (and frankly, felt a bit smug about my ability to not eat breakfast/lunch/dinner and 'push through' the hunger). But at the back of my mind, the thought is always there, like my stomach saying 'you know it would be acceptable to eat now, right?'

And yes, while I've never been more than a couple of stone overweight, I've always had a weight problem. I'm short, female, hate exercise and love food so it was never going to work out well ;)
  • tumsashrinks
    tumsashrinks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I often forget to eat breakfast. I make "the lazy" oatmeal where I pour boiling water over it and leave it to soak, Usually I would go back in 10 minutes to eat it, but sometimes I realize it's been 2-3 hours since I made it and I haven't eaten yet. It happens at least once per week and started to happen when I developed a habit of drinking a cup of tea before breakfast. I think tea ties me over for a while and it takes time for my stomach to realize there was no actual food and I get busy with stuff and only remember when hunger shows up to remind me. :smiley:

I don't forget lunch but sometimes I get so busy with work I don't have time to eat it. Still managed to stay fat though. I think skipping lunches for me just ends up with massive dinners.