Should men shave their armpits?

I known this sounds like a weird question, but I want ask my bros out there if they shaved their armpits. I am thinking about shaving mine this evening and wanted to get some input and thoughts. Thanks bros!

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited August 2017
    Only if they want to ;) seriously though, maybe not shave them, just trim them down. You could get razer burn which sucks plus it'll just be one more thing you have to do everyday or everytime you shower
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I came here to stare at the Bros...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If you want it,

There it is.

Go and shave it.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Hell naw
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    personal choice. i hate shaving mine so i don't do it very often, but i barely grow armpit hair so i also just tend to forget about it.
  • GonzosaysMeow
    GonzosaysMeow Posts: 16 Member
    No.
  • GonzosaysMeow
    GonzosaysMeow Posts: 16 Member
    But seriously, do whatever makes you happy.
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Underarm shaving is a pita. If you don't keep up with it the stubble causes chafing (especially if you're active) and I find I start to stink up a lot faster with shaved pits.

With that said, it's up to you to decide if it's worth the hassle. If you like the aesthetic, then by all means go for it, and don't worry about what others think about it. After all, it's your hair. :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Not a bro, but my grown son shaves his. He shaves eeeeverything. My husband does not. I would love it if he did.
  • pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    Shave it all off I say!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Sure! Shave your armpits! It grows back if you miss it later.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    My wife wants me to shave mine... I refuse. I do trim them though.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    I do, my armpits get more air to them without the hair. Also, they do not sweat as much.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    why is this here?

so confused.

Whatever- do you. I hate long arm pit hair- I think it's super gross on someone I have to cuddle with- but my SO shaves and I find it slightly odd- but not off putting. IMHO it's the same thing as women who shave/don't shave- do whatever makes you happy- someone somewhere will care or not care- and then you'll know whose worth keeping or not in your inner circle.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    enjoy the male privilege till it lasts.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    If it makes you feel more confident, go for it! If you're bodybuilding, hair might obscure the details when you are staring in the mirror.