Why am I not losing weight

Options

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Okay I have been to the doctor they said there's nothing wrong with my thyroid I log in everyday and log everything I eat and drink when I started this app it put me down for my height and weight 1200 calories a day I usually eat 1200 calories or less the day but I also go to the gym in the morning and then again at night.... so some of you tell me I'm eating way too many calories and some of you tell me I am not eating enough calories

I think the main question is.... Are you measuring what you are logging? If so, how? (Scale vs. measuring cups). If someone is concerned that they are no longer losing weight, then making sure logging is as accurate as possible if the first step.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    kwaasen wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of single minded focus on weight. Try using a tape measurement as well. You can also use your clothes as an indicator. Muscles are way heavier than fat.

This. Have you noticed any change at all in how your clothes fit or feel? And make sure you measure/weigh everything you eat. I lose best if I eat around 1000-1100 cals per day but I'm very short at 4'11. I also don't eat back my exercise cals. What works for one isn't always going to work for the next person.
  • stacey73casarez
    stacey73casarez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been to the doctor and they said my thyroid is fine ...when I started this app it put me at 1200 calories.....i go to the gym twice a day...some of you are telling me that I eat to many calories and some are telling me I'm not eating enough calories....i log everything I eat and drink
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You keep repeating that you log what you eat, but are you weighing it? Multiple people have asked you and you have not answered. If you were under eating, you would lose (says the former disordered eater). Even with poor thyroid function or wacky hormones, if you were truly eating 1200 a day, every day and logging accurately (only able to do with a scale, not based on packaging or measuring cups/spoons) you would be losing, though admittedly at a slower speed if thyroid or hormones were off.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    1200 probably sets you up for failure
    You're on crash course.
    I lose about .5 lbs a week and I'm 6"2 190.
    You should probably be eating 1700 Cal's a day if you want to be aggressive

Hmm. At 5'7" and even starting back at 251lbs I never ate as high as 1700 for my calorie goal. I think that would have put me at a loss of 0.5lb a week. Hardly aggressive.

It's got to be more than 0.5 lbs per week. I eat 1750 and I'm about 5"1'. I loose 1 lb per week