This is why I don't buy cereal

Options
Meganthedogmom
Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
2nicqbkdfhhp.jpg
Seriously? WHO is eating one serving of cereal?? I want to meet these people and study them in a lab.

I don't bring cereal into the house because I can't stop at a serving. But I convinced myself I would be able to stop if I just get this honey puffed wheat cereal and only use it to top my protein fluff (thanks, Volume Eaters Thread)

So much for only using it on protein fluff! ... 5 servings of cereal later and I finally feel like I can stop... For now. :|

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I use one serving of Shredded Wheat with almond milk as a snack. Definitely wouldn't cut it as a meal.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I like your bowl! Mikasa?

Yep, I don't eat cereal anymore:'(
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lol the other day I had a serving of cinnamon toast crunch (maybe about 20 squares) haha so so sad
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've had cereal since I was like 10...
  • smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weighed out one serving of Honey Kix the other day and I thought that was a lot. But, I don't normally eat cereal so I don't know what other serving sizes of higher calorie cereals look like.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have smaller bowls and just got used to it, I guess. I find now if I just pour into a bowl and munch, I end up with way too much and feel so full that I feel sick.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    2nicqbkdfhhp.jpg
    Seriously? WHO is eating one serving of cereal?? I want to meet these people and study them in a lab.

I don't bring cereal into the house because I can't stop at a serving. But I convinced myself I would be able to stop if I just get this honey puffed wheat cereal and only use it to top my protein fluff (thanks, Volume Eaters Thread)

So much for only using it on protein fluff! ... 5 servings of cereal later and I finally feel like I can stop... For now. :|

I volunteer for your study at the lab. When I eat cereal (not often at all), I only eat the recommended serving amount. I supplement my breakfast with fruit and my protein intake with eggs or yogurt. Just because you "can’t stop at one serving" doesn't mean that the rest of us are experimental material.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have been eating exactly 1 serving of Cheerios each night (weighed to the gram) and actually, oddly, it's enough. Now, it's WAY less than I ate before I got this whole "serving size" thing...but I think there are some cereals that can satisfy you. Or you account for eating more of what you want. Sometimes I tend to eat double the serving, and just count the calories...

Yeah, when I do eat cereal for breakfast I get the Cheerios with protein and usually have Greek yogurt on the side and it's decently filling.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat cereal but I used to eat it almost every day. Never once knew or cares what the recommended serving size was. I sort of lost my taste for it over time though.
  • Creativityfailure
    Creativityfailure Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love cereal, but the only way I can work it as a breakfast now is if I have one serving of it with one serving of fruit. For instance, breakfast this morning was one cup of Cheerios with one cup of blueberries, and really, that only fills me up for about 3 hours or so. And I cannot put milk in my cereal anymore as I've found that makes me feel like I'm eating so much less.