Options
New thread for the new goals!

Replies

• purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I'll get us started this morning:

Allison...............-0.2..............0.1%

Not much of a loss. I'm pretty sure it was more, but then yesterday happened. I had a migraine which made me feel incredibly nauseous, so I couldn't work out. The medication completely dehydrates me (I've had several glasses of water today and I still feel like a dry sponge) and after I've been so sick, I eat what sounds good. So I had a little mini pizza and some other stuff that's not so great. But I logged it and am moving on. I know that my loss is more than that in reality.

Goals for the next 4 weeks:

*Get to onederland for serious this time (5 pounds)
    *30DS every day I'm not working out with my trainer
    *no night snacking!
    *2 - 3 runs per week
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    debra................-0.7..............0.25%

Not what i was hoping for but i have not been feeling well and haven't made it to the gym in the last couple days. I guess .7 lbs down is better than .7 lbs up.

My goal for the next 4 weeks
    Get my water in
    loose 8 lbs ,
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Deb - a loss is a loss (that's what I was telling myself this morning anyway, when I saw how small my loss was).

Oh, and I have one more goal: only weigh in on Monday or Tuesday and Friday. That's it. I'm putting the scale away the rest of the week so I'm not tempted.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    lstpaul..............-0.6..............0.27%

I was VERY happy to see a little loss this week from my last 'official' weigh-in, considering the scale was saying that I had gained almost 4 pounds on vacation last week. So I'm back to where I was minus a little more ... woo hoo! Next week I really hope to hit a new number in the 210's and be out of the 220's for good!

my goals for the next 4 weeks
    1. Lose 4 lbs (1 per week)
    2. at least 240 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of weights per week
    3. at least 90 ounces of water everyday
    4. eat more protein and vegetables!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Lauren..............0.0...............0.0%

I've been all over the place on the scales this week (up, down, maintain) and it comes out to a no loss/no gain week. Considering I only got one day of exercise in, I'll take it!

Goals for the month:
    Go to Bikram Yoga at least 3 times a week
    Drink 96 oz of water a day
    No weight loss goal - just those two and see what happens!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Heather...........-1.8..............-1.01% (re-loss)
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    This morning, I'm only a half pound from being back at my lowest. I truly feel like my motivation is back. I want the last 30 lbs. gone!

My goals for the next few weeks:
    ~Running at least once per week
    ~Riding my horse at least once per week
    ~Cutting back on soda and replacing it with water/flavored water. I've replaced my morning soda with iced coffee made at home most days.
    ~Be active 6 of 7 days per week.

I'm not seeing a number-related weight goal this time because I feel like it de-motivates me. Like Lauren, I'll be weighing on Tuesdays (WW) and Fridays.

Sherry: Cute shoes!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: 116.9 oz.
    Exercise: Three hours volunteering...I was running the show, doing everything from setting up the scavenger hunt, getting five horses ready, coordinating volunteers (to cover for the SEVEN that didn't show) and instructing. Whew! I was sweating like crazy and that Moo Latte from DQ tasted like heaven afterward!
    Proud: That I kicked butt last night (see above)!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    On my phone so cant comment on everyone. :smile:
    15 lbs down, 25 to go to get to prepregnancy weight. 30 to go to get back to lowest weight. I should feel like walking a little in a few days. I'm excited to get back to running but was told to abstain from that for 5 more weeks. Too hot to run outside right now anyway (at any time of day or night).
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Nance..............-2.0..............0.49% (re-loss)

I'm so happy to be going in the right direction! Haven't seen that in months!!! LOL
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Nance..............-2.0..............0.49% (re-loss)
    momma...........-0.5.............0.18%

Not much of a loss but since I was NOT expecting any loss I will take 1/2 pound besides tom paid a visit last night
  • Momma24
    Options
    August Goal.

♦lose 8 pounds
    ♦drink at least 100 ounces of water per day
    ♦Cardio 150 mins per week
    ♦strength 2x per week
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I just came across the "before" photo in my profile picture on facebook. I was horrified. It's like I'm seeing myself clearly for the first time in a LONG time. I don't ever want to look like that again.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Allison: What an amazing transformation! We tend to forget our progress until we dig up old pics, so it's good to go looking for them once in a while.

So, ladies, I'm toying with the idea of running an 8k tomorrow morning. It would be my longest race yet, but I have the itch to give it a try. I must be insane...
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Heather, you are insane. But that's what I love about you. Go for it!

Allison, AMAZING!! So proud of you!!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Heather - Yep, there's something so final and official about seeing it in black and white like that. So even though I've been feeling at times like nothing has moved, that photo is a reminder of the progress I've made!

I think you should do the 8K - it's only about 5 miles and I know you can do it!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Allison -- You certainly look fantastic!! :happy:

Lauren -- Love the picture of you and hubby!

Nancy -- Welcome back!!!

Momma -- Things are going alright. Still trying to get into a good groove. Maisie developed a touch of jaundice so she's been quite lethargic when it comes to feeding which has unfortunately really negatively affected my supply. :frown: I'm working really hard taking ungodly amounts of fenugreek & pumping about 8 times a day to try to amp it up but in the meantime we've had to supplement with formula about 50% of the time since Monday. I think we only fed formula for 3 of 8 feedings so far today. My supply does seem to be very slowly increasing so I'm hopeful that in time we'll be 100% breastfeeding or at least bottle feeding 100% expressed breast milk. I'm not willing to give up on it until I've tried everything. I was super emotional about it for several days until I realized that if that's the only thing I really have to figure out and deal with then we're super lucky! At the end of the day, I have a gorgeous and healthy baby regardless of whether or not I have to bottle feed her formula half the time. There's such an expectation that breastfeeding is going to be this natural and instinctual thing and as it turns out it's really not. No matter how much your prepare yourself and read about it there's no way you can predict what's going to happen when the time comes. I thought I'd be exclusively breastfeeding for at least 12 months and I really never thought I'd actually have a physical problem with breastfeeding that I have essentially no control over. It's been quite a mental challenge for me. Other than that, my other challenge has definitely been pain management. To be frank, she ripped me a new one on the way out. :laugh: Finally today I'm starting to feel like maybe I'll be able to walk and sit normally again in a few days. :laugh:

***:flowerforyou: It's wonderful to see so many of your refocusing and to see so many losses this week!!:flowerforyou: ***
  • Momma24
    Options
    Julie, it can be challenging at times to breat feed. But you are right, at the end of the day you have a healthy beautiful baby and that is what really matters no matter her method of feeding.:flowerforyou: I think you are doing some good things. Drink lots of water and (tmi alert) Make sure you put not only the nipple but the areola I mean try to get the entire thing in there if you can. It feels so much better and it gets a good pumping action going. sorry if that was too graphic just some words of wisdom that no one told me with my first baby until my nipples were cracked and bleeding......:flowerforyou: by the way another cute pic of her she is either very photogenic or one good looking newborn I am thinking it is the latter
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I am thinking she is one good looking newborn who is very photogenic and has very competent photographer parents! :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Man I overate BIG time this weekend. Grrr! Why do I always overeat when I go to a Mexican restaurant!?!?!?!?!?! Don't even start me on the 500-calories-a-margarita damage!!! :embarassed:

I'm drinking tons of water and flushing it out so that my Monday is back on track! :tongue:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    JUlie -

I had a really hard time breastfeeding both of my girls. I tried with both , with serena she wouldn't latch on for everything i tried and several lactation consuyltants. I just coudn't get her to. I pumped for a while then just swtiched to formula. With abby , she would latch but she was soo freaking big and soo freaking hungry. I just couldn't produce enough for her. I beat myself up but in the end i had to healthy babies
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, ladies:

I did not do the 8k on Saturday morning. I would have had to be there about an hour and a half early and it was over 80 degrees in the morning, with the threat of rain. I realize it's not a good excuse, but cuddling with my kittens instead is, right? If I had been pre-registered, I wouldn't have let anything get in the way. I'm going to look for an 8k in August or September and probably a 10k in September or October. I don't know why I have the crazy notion to up my mileage, but I'm just too damn competitive with myself!

This weekend, I ate okay, considering where I used to be. I did do a fairly good job of only eating when my body was telling me to, instead of listening to my mind. It was peaceful.

I didn't exercise, but did a lot of shopping (mostly groceries), cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. All stuff that I've been neglecting for some time but needed to get done.

Yesterday was the most relaxing day I've had in a long time. I had eight hours at home with just me and the animals. My sister and mom were both gone for the day. I read an entire book while I had laundry going. Awesome. The cats all took turns sleeping on my lap. Perfect!

Checking in for this weekend:
    Friday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 136 oz. Seriously, how did I not need a life jacket?
    Exercise: None, but did housework
    Proud: Got my grocery shopping done and made awesome fajitas (minus the tortillas) for dinner again.

Saturday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: 72 oz.
    Exercise: None, but did housework
    Proud: Cooked brunch and dinner for my sister and I.

Sunday:
    Calories: Over!
    Water: 80 oz.
    Exercise: None, but more housework
    Proud: Had an awesomely relaxing day.

Happy Monday, everyone!