Exercises you wish you could do but can't

Replies

• SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Aerobics. I love moving, but my balance is horrible. I've hurt myself a couple of times attempting aerobics so I had to give it up.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    there to many to name. I can't run I look to funny trying. I can do a few push ups before for I need to switch it up to my knees. lunges I can do a little bit then I seem to screw that up. i'm just not coordinated and breathing while exercising I find that hard to
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    I have issues with my feet, so I can't do lunges or burpees or anything that involes bending my toes toward the top of my foot. Causes terrible pain. Very limiting. :(
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Pull Ups..But I am using the assist machine at the gym, Better every week.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    SLLeask wrote: »
    Yoga, it makes me giggle!!

better than what it makes me, which is angry. :tongue:
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Rock climbing. My partner stopped a couple years ago and I don't have anyone to belay me.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Single arm chin up...I can do 12 with both arms; using 1 arm is way cooler.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    All of them? I'm not only fat, I'm also REALLY uncoordinated.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    90° planch push-ups. I'm working on it though. Doing 10 of them in a row is one of my goals.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Belly dancing. Bollixed ACL dashed that real quick.
    Acroyoga. Again, stupid ACL made that go adios real fast

Have you looked into different knee braces? I have no acl in my right knee, and having the right brace made all the difference. They make ones with jointed metal supports which are really protective, but mine just has the flexible side supports. I can definitely belly dance and do yoga.

My thing right now is wanting to do a pull up or chin up. I started out not even being able to dead hang, and I can dead hang for 15 leg lifts now. I'm working on shoulder shrugs, negatives, and pull downs. My negatives have really gotten better since I started, before it was more of a fall than a negative, now it's at least a controlled drop!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Push ups and lunges.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Box Jumps
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    pushups pullups and chinups and i'm working towards all of them.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    I should amend my answer as to why I can't do push ups and lunges.

I can't do pushups because I'm not strong enough. I also don't seem to make good progress at developing strength. I continue to work on it, but I don't see improvements much in the way of strength gains in upper body department at all after 3 years of weight training. It's really pathetic. Lower body? I've been able to add weight, but progress is slow.

I can't do lunges to any reasonable depth because of knee and hip issues. And my balance isn't the best either.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited August 2017
    Anything that requires balance and/or coordination - dancing, skiing, surfing, etc. I wish I could, however, I don't want to die of terminal klutziness.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    I'm 2013 I could do 3 bar muscle ups. Now I can even do a pull up. I'm working on it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Handstand. I need to find consistency with practicing balancing. Also, I need to learn to roll out to so I don't hurt myself.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I would love to lift heavy weights. I have titanium rods fused to my spine and I have been told absolutely not by 2 surgeons.