I Have Noticed Many People Returning, Having Regained Their Weight ...

Options

Replies

• DrewJ74
    DrewJ74 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    docc30 wrote: »
    I was doing great, losing weight, working with a trainer, and definitely getting in better shape. Then, my daughter had medical issues that put her in the hospital for a week. I was still okay, but slowed down a little. Two months later, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Then, my son-in-law was killed in a car crash. Lastly, my other daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. During it all, I gained all the weight back. I've been back at it for 40 days. I'll get there again.

Sometimes life throw's you a curve ball or two Docc30, I hope you manage to reach and maintain your goal. By the sounds of it you've had more balls than most thrown at you. Good Luck for tomorrow and every other tomorrow.
  • grannypuss
    grannypuss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm back again at MFP (maybe my 3rd visit). Lat year I lost maybe 10 kg (23 lbs ish) & felt really good tracking my food & macros etc - & was following a Keto plan. I was enthusiastic & had lots of energy & as well as (road) biking a lot was also going to the gym. My weight loss had plateaued at about 90 kg though & wasnt budging, but then I got sick. Various ailments like vertigo, which led to drug reactions, then a nasty few months with recurring gallbladder attacks, finally surgery. I completely fell off the fitness & eating well wagon, plus its been winter here in NZ, & only now am realising that once again I am back at Square 1. August will be a good month to start, Spring is just around the corner - but I so dont want to keep living my life on this loop. Oh to get past my mindblocking elusive 90kg stumbling block & feel fit & healthy all the time. Lets do this.
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I lost 15kgs (33lbs) 5-6years ago. I was so close to finally leaving the obese range, but have since gained it all back, plus more.
    My lifestyle was very different back then, and I lost the weight very quickly. I was still a student, and working part time, which left me with more time to exercise. I also had days where I slept in late, and would save all my calories for the day for a 1100 calorie meal at KFC, then do a 7km walk a couple of hours later.
    My goal was on weight loss, and it wasn't sustainable. These days my goal is to be fitter and healthier, and I'm focusing on having a positive relationship with food. I have 30kgs to lose to reach my goal weight.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple - I regained the weight because I stopped tracking and went over my calories daily. I was not ready to be on maintenance from a mental standpoint. I went from loss (relatively easy for me with MFP) straight to gain since I didn't take the time to relearn how to eat "normally". I just started binging and overeating again whenever I got upset or stressed.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I had a baby a few months ago. Cest la vie.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    docc30 wrote: »
    I was doing great, losing weight, working with a trainer, and definitely getting in better shape. Then, my daughter had medical issues that put her in the hospital for a week. I was still okay, but slowed down a little. Two months later, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Then, my son-in-law was killed in a car crash. Lastly, my other daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. During it all, I gained all the weight back. I've been back at it for 40 days. I'll get there again.

Wow!! Congrats on coming back after that roller coaster you went through. My regards for every single thing that you have had to go through. I hope this puts other peoples hardships in perspective.