Egg fast diet

I have decided to do an egg fast diet to get some weight off for holidays . I always last minute . Had anyone tried this before .

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Egg fast diet? As in "you don't eat eggs to lose weight'??
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited August 2017
    What do you mean by an egg fast?
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Egg fast diet? As in "you don't eat eggs to lose weight'??

I googled. Apparently it's the opposite of that....you only eat eggs, butter, and oil. omg.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    That does not sound appealing or appetizing.
  • LCHF123
    LCHF123 Posts: 26 Member
    LCHF123 wrote: »
    Seriously, don't do it! You'll smell horrific!! My brother decided to "eat like a caveman" a few years ago, but being a broke student ate TONS of eggs as they were cheaper than meat. I went to visit him for a week and for the first four days thought the city he lived in smelt of sulphur. Turns out it was him :open_mouth:

Oh god now I'm so self conscious omg I eat so many cheesy eggs lmao

Oh sorry, I should add that he ate them for every single meal, and snacked on hard boiled eggs in between! I think if you're eating other food too, you'll be fine - my partner has 3-4 eggs for breakfast every day and I've never noticed any eggy smells from him :smiley:
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    hpearce123 wrote: »
    Some say cheese some don't. I think the theory being u fill up on protein and put ur body in to ketosis I think if u can with stand it it's supposed to work wonders X

How long is your 'egg fast' going to last? Once you get into ketosis, then what? Keep on doing this? Because if you don't, you'll put that weight back on quickly...

Your initial post suggests you're looking for a quick fix. If you want to do the keto thing, you should read up and research on it, find out if it's something you can sustain - perhaps in perpetuity, then go for it. Keto works for a lot of people, and my bet is that most don't start it the way you are suggesting. Doing an egg fast to knock "weight off for the holidays" seems a little extreme in the short term, when almost any weight loss plan with a calorie deficit would seem more reasonable and sustainable.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    nothing but eggs, bleh
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Is Tabasco sauce going to be cheating?