What to eat to help lean out and get ripped?

Options
124»

Replies

• morningstarluv
    Options
    *bump*
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You need to go in and change your settings for the percentages of carbs/proteins/fats! Someone recommended to me to put them at 40/30/30... I am still over on carbs all the time though...

How do you do this?

Go to the My Home tab, click Goals, Change Goals, select Custom and put in the percentages.

Thank you! :)
  • kiwinermal
    kiwinermal Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Great info that is very helpful : - )
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    Bump
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump, I wanna hang on to this infor its is great
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cut out the fruit. Eat every three hours small meals...chicken, rice, broccoli.
  • marisa67
    marisa67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ActiveTami
    ActiveTami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info guys!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

Why cut out the fruit? Why eat small meals every 3 hours?
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    No one ever mentions Martin Berkhan. Am I the only one that appreciates this guy?

Hell no. I mention Martin all of the time. Guy puts out great content and has helped a lot of people through IF. I think the physiological effects from IFing are over-hyped based on the totality of research. If there are physiological benefits to it, they're likely miniscule. There might be a slight partitioning advantage... but who knows. We'll know a lot more in due time once more research comes about.

But there's no doubt that some people do awesome following an IF approach and chances are it's more about it matching certain dieters in terms of behavior/psychology.

But Martin is definitely one of the good guys.... anyone taking an evidence based approach that's paired with objectivity and the desire to maintain information integrity is aok in my book.

I was having such a hard time figuring out how I could keep this post menopausal body from gaining back the weight and IF has proven to be invaluable to me.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

NotSureifserious.jpg
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Haha.

It really does sadden me though that our diet culture has degraded to such a degree where people are fearing the consumption of fruit.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Haha.

It really does sadden me though that our diet culture has degraded to such a degree where people are fearing the consumption of fruit.

Yes, among other things...
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump! I will up my protein! I have five pounds left and I do not want to lose any muscle :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    good stuff here.
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    What does bump mean? :)
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Bump! I will up my protein! I have five pounds left and I do not want to lose any muscle :)

And if you only lose 2 while adding 1 of muscle and you're happy with the way that you look and feel, give up on the 5 as it's beyond arbitrary.