Options

Replies

• JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I think a good friend of mine is being played and I don't know whether to tell her or not.

What makes you think she's being played? Is it any of your business? Do you think this just because you have a thing for her?

Of course it's my business, she's a good friend and an awesome woman! Do I have a thing for her, as in romantic inclinations? HAAAhaha, dude, I'm as gay as gay gets :D

So my first point then, what makes you think she's being played? Do you have evidence or just a feeling?

It is a gut feeling based on this guy's behaviour. It's a dilemma because I don't have substantial proof and even if I did, I don't want to tell her. Man, I need beer!

Without proof leave it alone. You could be way off and that would damage your friendship.
    I think a good friend of mine is being played and I don't know whether to tell her or not.

What makes you think she's being played? Is it any of your business? Do you think this just because you have a thing for her?

Of course it's my business, she's a good friend and an awesome woman! Do I have a thing for her, as in romantic inclinations? HAAAhaha, dude, I'm as gay as gay gets :D

So my first point then, what makes you think she's being played? Do you have evidence or just a feeling?

It is a gut feeling based on this guy's behaviour. It's a dilemma because I don't have substantial proof and even if I did, I don't want to tell her. Man, I need beer!

Tell her. But be prepared for her to defend his behaviors. Girls are *kitten* stupid.

Ah sheez guys, conflicting responses. I definitely need the beer :D

Yeah but who are you going to listen to? A guy who thinks with his wiener or a girl who is bat *kitten* crazy?

About that beer...

She's right we are both wrong. Go to the guy, poke him in the chest and tell him you know what's going on, tell him he has three days to do the right thing
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I confess i've been a Stephen King fan since i was a kid, but his movies are usually pure unapologetic garbage (most recently the Dark Tower), when he has input into the film, at least, they always turn out terrible. he's a good writer but a terrible film maker and screen writer and his ideas don't always translate well unless its a good director reworking them.

then i found out the other day he had 0 input in the new IT movie and it was really just the happiest i've been in a long time because that movie looks awesome and its great knowing he hopefully didn't mess it up in any way. plus the director is awesome.

Me too.. Stephen King and Dean Koontz my all time favourites and I agree, stick with the books .
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Servants of Twilight and Tick Tock are two of my fave reads! :heart:
    Oh, The Bad Place was awesome, too!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    IC I literally just spat out my drink whilst watching a scene in "Power". Tommy cracks me up. :lol:
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ic i am experiemcing the "use it or lose it" effect with my singing voice and it makes me kinda sad
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I can't understand people who choose a potential romantic relationship over their children. It baffles me

Wut
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I can't understand people who choose a potential romantic relationship over their children. It baffles me

Wut

Like people who move away from their kids for a relationship.
    Emotionally? Literally? How old are the kids?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    IC - Watching Difficult People makes me conflicted. It makes me feel good because I'm not nearly as terrible as Julie. Then I feel bad that the only reason I'm not as terrible as Julie is because I'm concerned about what people would think of me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Wut

I have seen this happen multiple times. Different ages, but all young kids and one parent packs up and moves across the country

Look, if you only knew how bad my kids were

Valid point. I'd probably move away from certain kids too

good lord, you have no idea...... when does the next shuttle to Mars depart?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Wut

I have seen this happen multiple times. Different ages, but all young kids and one parent packs up and moves across the country

Look, if you only knew how bad my kids were

Valid point. I'd probably move away from certain kids too

good lord, you have no idea...... when does the next shuttle to Mars depart?

Idk but swing by Australia and say g'day before you go :tongue:
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    IC I'm tired of the sex threads. Too many people believe they need to demonstrate proof of their sexuality and desirability to be liked online. Can we just be real? I dig when people are real.

Well are you mad at the people who started them or the people who are simply responding to a question that was asked? I don't see anything wrong with giving an honest response to a question whether it's about sex or what my favorite exercise or food is.

I'm not mad at anyone. I just wish people knew that they don't have to be sexual to be interesting or well-liked. I'm not saying people who are sexual aren't interesting, however. I just see a lot of try hards and they're difficult to get to know because they say the 'right' thing rather than the real thing.

tbf that really is all some people have. nothing wrong with that, but it is tiresome when that sort says something like they love conversation but instead their side plays out like, "oh. lol. that's crazy. ha ha."

doesn't surprise me on this site tbh- most folks, here at least, are here to have a better body, one way or the other. some of them may have been the ugly duckling once upon a time too and are no longer. but still, growing up into a swan doesn't mean all that much if you can't quack still on occasion.

I'm going to need you to write a book titled this.

i'm too busy with my tv script write now sorry. its gonna be a hit though i can tell you that. its about a plucky group of space pirates in the year 3157, lead by the dashing Corporal Falcon Raymonds. they have their own ship and its always falling apart leading to hilarious and sometimes sad situations. i'm thinking of calling it "Lightning Bug".

I feel like I've heard this before...

Fun facts for life nathon filion and alan tudic were part of a kickstarter for another season
    https://youtu.be/byPL5XIvtZc

How old is this?

I had no idea!

From 2015, fox is talking about it now
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    IC I'm tired of the sex threads. Too many people believe they need to demonstrate proof of their sexuality and desirability to be liked online. Can we just be real? I dig when people are real.

Well are you mad at the people who started them or the people who are simply responding to a question that was asked? I don't see anything wrong with giving an honest response to a question whether it's about sex or what my favorite exercise or food is.

I'm not mad at anyone. I just wish people knew that they don't have to be sexual to be interesting or well-liked. I'm not saying people who are sexual aren't interesting, however. I just see a lot of try hards and they're difficult to get to know because they say the 'right' thing rather than the real thing.

tbf that really is all some people have. nothing wrong with that, but it is tiresome when that sort says something like they love conversation but instead their side plays out like, "oh. lol. that's crazy. ha ha."

doesn't surprise me on this site tbh- most folks, here at least, are here to have a better body, one way or the other. some of them may have been the ugly duckling once upon a time too and are no longer. but still, growing up into a swan doesn't mean all that much if you can't quack still on occasion.

i'm too busy with my tv script write now sorry. its gonna be a hit though i can tell you that. its about a plucky group of space pirates in the year 3157, lead by the dashing Corporal Falcon Raymonds. they have their own ship and its always falling apart leading to hilarious and sometimes sad situations. i'm thinking of calling it "Lightning Bug".

Fun facts for life nathon filion and alan tudic were part of a kickstarter for another season

How old is this?

I had no idea!

It's a bit weird though - how would Wash come back? Lol

....he wouldnt if fox brings it back. Also if they retconned the movie out, start at the end of season one
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Wut

Real talk, I almost don't even care if my husband murders someone, I'm never going to separate from him for that ^ reason. He's stuck with me fo life.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Ic i am experiemcing the "use it or lose it" effect with my singing voice and it makes me kinda sad

Don't be sad.. use your voice. Why lose something you can keep by practicing and exercising it??
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

How old is this?

I had no idea!

It's a bit weird though - how would Wash come back? Lol

....he wouldnt if fox brings it back. Also if they retconned the movie out, start at the end of season one

Oh, I see.

But the movie was so good, you cant ret-con that!

pl37cmlt0ula.gif