August Team Challenge-Team Thin to Win!

Options
1235»

Replies

• carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    great idea Tricia! i'll make a new forum on sunday that will say "THIN TO WIN-WEEK 1 (CLOSED GROUP)" everyone look for it!!!

no problem, modify the workout in a way you are comfortable! so yes, girl/wall push ups are acceptable if you aren't used to regular, etc,etc! Make it work FOR YOU!!!

here is a video showing an "up and down" exercise:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPU2EpW5nT0&feature=related

here is a video showing an "squat lunge" exercise: http://www.ehow.com/video_2351882_squat-lunge-combo-exercise.html

please post what you have done with your weigh in on sundays or monday morning ASAP!
  • chuckieswife
    Options
    Sounds great, I can hardly wait to get started. :laugh:
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    it is for the whole day right? so for the jumping jacks and things we can break it up through the day , Just saying im a stay at home mom and I already get up early to do my treadmill run and going to start jillian micheals it would be alot to add 100 jumping or whatever on top of that .
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    tjdsmommy: yep, you can def break it up during the day!! maybe in increments of 10! 10 when you get up, 10 before your run, 10 after, 10 before Jillian Micheals...etc etc!!
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    yay!! i'm excited for the challenges!! :)
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply on my starting and goal info.

SW: 184.6 as of this morning
    GW: 179.5

I'm looking forward to this challenge...all except the up downs. I HATE those....but I'll take one for the team. :wink:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Pumped up for this!!! i had to watch the two videos for description but i think i can do all of these. Looking forward to trying anyway.

Awesome logo btw.
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use a scale at my office, so I will know how much damage I did this weekend on Monday, but I did weigh on Friday, so I guess I will use that.

Challenge SW: 160.4
    Challenge GW: 152

154 is the lowest I've been in my adult life and I was back down there a few months ago and sort of hit a wall. I want to go below that. I also want to log everything all month and workout 6 days per week.

I really need some teammate motivation/reminders if I'm going to drink 64 oz of water each day to not knock us out of our extra team point...

I will try hard to not let the team down...I'm getting nervous. Like if I go over my calories one day, the whole team loses its weekly points. That's pressure :blushing:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Do we need to check the main board for modifications for the up/downs? I will try them but not sure I can do them, the rest I am good with (modified push ups though)
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Quick question...is Day One on Sunday or Monday?
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    excited to start!!! got on the scale this morning and apparently I weigh nothing! have to go to get more batteries, so not eating or drinking anything until after 9 so I can start with an accurate reading.
    Tomorrow is official start date correct? Woohoo, Let's go Thin to Win!!!!
    I don't think I added everyone as friends yet, will try to get you today!
    ::flowerforyou:
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO we can do this!

My starting weight is 254

Goal 245 by end of month :)
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well, my scale to be broken. New batteries didn't work. I'l pick one up today and will submit weight in first thing in morning.
    Or you can use my data from a few days ago.
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks done!!!!