Alcohol Free August 2017

Options

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in! Wine is also my downfall, especially when Friday afternoon hits. I can be great all week, and as soon as the weekend comes along it's hard to resist the urge to relax, have a few glasses and then your eating habits go out the window :(

That was me too! I have made it through 2 weekends now without wine. It gets easier!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Good so far. Was tempted Friday night to get some wine, but got a lottery card instead.
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Still going strong, proud of myself
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a little grumpy and have anxiety - can't give in now.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 11/12 days in August now. I have in while meeting a friend I've known since college. Proud of myself for going 21 days (started in July) and plan to go a while again before having a drink.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    anglilacs wrote: »
    I am 11/12 days in August now. I have in while meeting a friend I've known since college. Proud of myself for going 21 days (started in July) and plan to go a while again before having a drink.

You are doing great!!
  • anglilacs
    Options
    anglilacs wrote: »

You are doing great!!

Thank you!! You are doing amazing!
  • FredKing1
    Options
    Fell off the food wagon last night. No real harm done. Still on track for alcohol. Visualizing not drinking at a party in a couple of weeks.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    For those of you reading the Naked Mind...how is it? Is it worth buying or checking out?
  • FredKing1
    Options
    I've got it on my Kindle - I'm reading slowly, a few pages at a time - as a companion and daily motivation for what is a long term project. Thus far, it has been beneficial; gotten me this far. Find "This Naked Mind" Website page on Facebook for a near daily dose and free sampling. That might be enough if you've gotten this far on your own. There are other products - online video learning - which I haven't gotten.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I've got it on my Kindle - I'm reading slowly, a few pages at a time - as a companion and daily motivation for what is a long term project. Thus far, it has been beneficial; gotten me this far. Find "This Naked Mind" Website page on Facebook for a near daily dose and free sampling. That might be enough if you've gotten this far on your own. There are other products - online video learning - which I haven't gotten.

Thanks! It's on my Amazon Wish List!
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am now 7 days in!!
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    I never drink alcohol like legit maybe three times in my life. Never saw a real reason too XD That being said, I'm going on a trip and drinking a bit. Anyone know the calorie counts? All I know is rum is lower in calories and I don't mind eating 1.1k calories and leaving the last 400 (of my 1500 limit) for alcohol (then probably coffee or water for basically no calories).
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    I never drink alcohol like legit maybe three times in my life. Never saw a real reason too XD That being said, I'm going on a trip and drinking a bit. Anyone know the calorie counts? All I know is rum is lower in calories and I don't mind eating 1.1k calories and leaving the last 400 (of my 1500 limit) for alcohol (then probably coffee or water for basically no calories).

There are counts in MFP and lots of articles online about which drinks won't sabotage your diet. Just keep in mind that bartenders often pour extra and what you are thinking is one drink may be two or three.
  • riasntx
    riasntx Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm a little late but I would like to join your challenge. I'm a social drinker but tend to binge on weekends. I am trying to prove to myself that I do not need a drink in my hand to have fun and be social. I know the first couple of weeks will be hard but I think it will get easier as I go along. I'm comparing it to the start of my weight loss journey. Good luck everyone.
  • PurpleLavender77
    Options
    I found this article really helpful today.

http://jamesclear.com/how-to-break-a-bad-habit

It can apply to drinking or many other things.

This article as also encouraging.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/30/how-long-does-it-take-to-change-a-habit-6351291/

• anglilacs
    Options
    Checking in. 14/15 here