sheilajean58 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Highest weight April 2016 117 lbs
    Starting weight for 2017 112 lbs

R9 SW 108.4
    R10 SW 108.5
    R11 SW 107.6
    R12 SW 108.5

Goal Weight Round 13: maintenance of 107 lbs plus strength exercise (I have been neglectful and lost some shape)

8/11 107.3 lbs
    8/12 107.0 lbs - <1400 kcals - no exercise yet, will make room for it today.
    8/13 106.6 lbs - < 1400 kcals - Standard Old Fashion Free Weight Training + House & Yard Work (also bathed 3 dogs - almost forgot about that ;).
    8/14 106.3 lbs - temporary - short on water yesterday - ate okay but above goal calories.
    8/15 107.8 lbs - temporary - goal remains to maintain 107 lbs + build muscle :neutral:
    8/16 106.8 lbs - I love this habit!
    8/17
    8/18
    8/19
    8/20
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just a tad late... weight in Kilograms...

8/16 79 kg sigh.... I swim one hour every day and consume less than 1,000 calories every day...(I get scolded by
    myfitnesspal everyday for being under caloried) still the same weight.

8/20

I'm chiming in here. Please don't do this to yourself. Eat your 1200 calories. You'll lose easier. You do as you've been and 1) your body metabolism drops and you burn less 2) You need to eat, especially protein, to repair the muscle you're tearing down to swim for an hour a day. This is not a pattern that will serve you. You need to eat wisely so that when you reach goal, you can maintain. You can't starve yourself the rest of your life. It isn't worth it and it's unhealthy as all heck. in addition, it isn't working for you.

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    8/16: 181.2 lbs...Okay, I'm going to be honest here...that sudden weight loss was unexpected, but I am starting to get bummed by the fact that it's still creeping up. I decreased my calories a bit to get the # back down the last few days, and it hasn't worked. I refuse to go any lower than I have. Maybe soon it'll start creeping down again.
    I almost reached my goal for steps yesterday too. Water was once again a struggle for me. I need to step it up.

Remember, we don't have daily control over what the scale is going to tell us. It is strongly affected by water weight that comes and goes based on exercise, salt, weather, activity, injury, elimination, etc. Look at the long term trend using the report function, setting it to 90-days or more. If the line looks like a ball wildly and irregularly bouncing down the stairs, you are losing weight. If it isn't going down over the long run, reduce your calories. Daily fluctuations mean nothing.
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Remember, you don't build muscle exercising, you tear it down. It's afterwards, with rest and protein, that you build muscle.