Any runners training for a half or full marathon?

Options
1235»

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've done four full marathons (PR 4:03 Milwaukee) and six halfs (PR 1:46 Green Bay), all over five years ago. Gained a bunch of weight, started smoking, then quit smoking again, lost a bunch of weight and now training for another half.

Advice...don't worry about pace at all on any long run, do them at least 45 sec to one minute per mile slower than your target finish time pace. Just put time in the shoes. If you want to finish in four hours, get your body used to running at least three and a half to four hours, regardless of pace. Have fun. The last 10K is an experience you'll never forget, even if you want to.

Hey, how close to me are you? I live just outside of Appleton! :) I also ran Cellcom, but tell me your PR wasnt this year, that wind was brutal!
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just saw this message board. I'm training for my first half marathon in November and couldn't be more excited. I graduated from C25K in October and have been running ever since. I'm going to take the rest of the summer to get faster (goal = 9 minute mile) and then start Hal Higdon's 12-week novice half marathon training plan at the end of August when I go back to college.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! I'm really excited!! I appreciate your advice!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Marathon #23 is now in the books at 3:43:01.

Not quite the time I shooting for, having tweaked my knee while running down a steep hill at mile 21 or so. After that I could no longer run fast. Oh well, we'll get 'em next time.