Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    If (in the color theory) tinting is adding white to a color and shading is adding black to a color, then why do we call it tinting our windows?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    If (in the color theory) tinting is adding white to a color and shading is adding black to a color, then why do we call it tinting our windows?

TIL...
    Actually you are not coloring, toning or shading your windows you put some sort of UV films so the verb refers to action of putting something that reduce the amount or the type of visible sun light or so called visible light transmission (VLT). We see the light as white hence we use tint here.

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

TIL...
    Actually you are not coloring, toning or shading your windows you put some sort of UV films so the verb refers to action of putting something that reduce the amount or the type of visible sun light or so called visible light transmission (VLT). We see the light as white hence we use tint here.

Interesting fact, but now I question why we put tint on our windows but shades (sunglasses) over our eyes? Both are doing the same job to reduce VLT. Maybe "Eclipse Tints" isn't as marketable?

rainbowsymphony_2216_152483831.jpg
  • cee134
    Options

TIL...

Interesting fact, but now I question why we put tint on our windows but shades (sunglasses) over our eyes? Both are doing the same job to reduce VLT. Maybe "Eclipse Tints" isn't as marketable?

rainbowsymphony_2216_152483831.jpg

I might have to call sunglasses eye tints now.
  • cee134
    Options
    For a song entitled "Piano Man" it sure does have a lot of harmonica.
  • cee134
    Options
    I think the ultimate threat a teenage girl could use against their mother is "I will turn you into a Grandma".
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    u2yv3scrmjce.png
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    u2yv3scrmjce.png

Who ARE these people? That give pillows to dead people??
  • cee134
    Options
    I'm here to quote Air Supply lyrics and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of love. I'm so lost with out you.

[Bridge]
    Oh, what are you thinking of?
    What are you thinking of?
    Oh what are you thinking of?
    What are you thinking of?
  • cee134
    Options
    Logic says the screw I dropped should be somewhere by my feet, but science says it's under the desk in the other room.
  • cee134
    Options
    I wish supermarkets posted recipes on their websites that you could just click and all the ingredients are added your basket.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I wish supermarkets posted recipes on their websites that you could just click and all the ingredients are added your basket.

Uhh they do :laugh:
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

ZipList, among others...
  • cee134
    Options

What?!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

What?!

Yep..2 here Coles and Woolworths you can view recipes and click all or some ingredients to your basket and put an online order in.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

What?!

Yep..2 here Coles and Woolworths you can view recipes and click all or some ingredients to your basket and put an online order in.

You just blew my mind!!!!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

What?!

OMG you guys but have a Woolworths... I haven't seen one of those in about 25yrs
  • cee134
    Options

What?!

I guess I should look at online grocery stores. The only thing I expected was Amazon to use a drone to deliver me a Coke Zero. Nothing fancy like they have down under.