Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    @Timshel_ what happened to mousepads? why don't people use them anymore?

Optical mice replaced the ball and sensor mice which needed something "grippy" to move the mouse ball on. Optical run on most surfaces, but cannot be too shiny.

And don't we all miss having to remove the ball and clean the rollers/sensors?
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Optical mice replaced the ball and sensor mice which needed something "grippy" to move the mouse ball on. Optical run on most surfaces, but cannot be too shiny.

I miss the one with the ball on top you moved with your thumb
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

lol. Erasers FTW! I still remember the IBM memo on mouse balls. I swear the tech writer was LHAO while doing it, all tongue-in-cheek.
  • Timshel_
    Options

They still sell those. Supposed to be more ergonomic, but anyone like me who spends 14 hours a day on a computer knows that every input apparatus and device will eventually cause some kinda of physical issue. We aren't meant for this!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

My wife still uses a trackball....
    0ic8wps0d7ux.png

They still sell those. Supposed to be more ergonomic, but anyone like me who spends 14 hours a day on a computer knows that every input apparatus and device will eventually cause some kinda of physical issue. We aren't meant for this!

I can't use them...they just feel strange to me. I started in the early 80's on an Atari 400 and haven't stopped. I've come to accept that my wrists will always hurt.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I can't use them...they just feel strange to me. I started in the early 80's on an Atari 400 and haven't stopped. I've come to accept that my wrists will always hurt.

Yup. Been there even before that programming 8088's and TRS-80s. Keyboarding has never bothered me. It is using a mouse that has really caused issues. I do mostly graphic design and I think the finite movements causes me to tighten my arm to make them and is starting to really be an issue. Of course, I play a right side dominant sport with tennis, which really taxes the arm as well, so it is probably a compound issue.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
    What's funny is that's the CPU.

zicaga0eudbf.jpg
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I truly wish at times that I had no emotions whatsoever .
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I truly wish at times that I had no emotions whatsoever .

Aww Boo .. :*<3 ..holding your hand and giving you a hug ..
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I need to stop trusting and focus on reality.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    The easiest way to find out what will happen, is to make it happen and see.
  • cee134
    Options
    Drive-throughs that won’t serve pedestrians are basically saying they have a strict dress code that requires you to wear a car.
  • cee134
    Options
    The moon is just Earth's pet rock.
  • cee134
    Options
    If I were approached by a person 4 feet taller and 10 times stronger than me, I'd be very uncomfortable. But toddlers are totally cool with it.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can ever get used to the taste of Greek Yogurt.

OK, it's not like it tastes like 'Greek'! It just tastes like yogurt!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    We are not here to sit and wait , we here to metal fabricate .