Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    fckbomufro0w.gif

The baby dropped her plate on the floor.
    The one I mopped.
    Peas. Everywhere.

Bex - your posts make me laugh - it brings back such memories when you have little ones around! Peas everywhere - yes, kids love to do that, don't they!! Hey, you hang in there! Just remember, the years will go by so quickly, and you'll give anything to have another day like today. I miss those "fun" years! But ... I do love reading your posts - always makes my day!
  • mytime6630
    I'm so sorry this is how it is for her.
    It must be incredibly difficult for you.
    Have you been offered support, or support as a family? To see what helps her in terms of communication and what doesn't?
    I had to have long discussions with my partner of what I say and how it can sometimes affect him badly.
    It's pretty hard having to think of how to reword something as to not trigger anything.

When my partner goes off on one. I just remember
    - I didn't cause it
    - I can't control it
    - I can't cure it.

I don't know why but it helps, reminds me it's not my fault (even when he's telling me it is!)

This is what I need to keep telling myself, but as a mom, I don't. I keep reliving your entire life, wondering what I did wrong - even though 5 doctors told us this is genetic, and we did nothing wrong. I think hubby is getting tired of me trying to analyze all this. As a parent, you want the best for your child, and its just sad. But ... I know I have to learn to accept this as well as my daughter does, and I just try to be there, and not take anything personally that she says or does.
  • mytime6630
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Ah @joan6630 , I feel you too. Last night I was driving home from the feed store, it was about 6 and I had nothing new planned for dinner. (We've been eating off a Boston butt all week and I was tired of pork.) I have not been getting enough sleep. (Need to set a bed time as a JFT again) I called my husband and the words that came out of my mouth were, "I'm too tired to fight the urge. Do you want anything from McDonalds? I have to drive past that new one." I had fries and a cheeseburger - the really big quarter pound one. The fries were great, the burger - meh. But now my sodium bloat continues.

It is hard to fight the easy way when we are tired. We are tired cause we are not getting enough sleep (and maybe not enough exercise - the irony), we are not getting enough sleep cause we are overwhelmed and have so much to do in all the parts of our life. Work, home, kids, parents, termites. If this does not calm down in the next week I am going to have to make a few priority lists and decide what simply has to wait.

I too will look up this Calm app. Can't hurt. I'll have to put that on the list. :p

Like Lydia said, I guess somedays it is just OK to give in, as long as it doesn't turn into the old habits coming back everyday. I'm sorry you had one of those days also. I just have to remember to just go and lay down for a few minutes! Hope your day is better today also!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    I just made everyone else fish sticks (or fish fingers to me) chips and peas lol whilst I tidied everything up!
    Gonna make myself some eggy bread later! (Please tell me you know what that is @cschmitz110515 :sweat_smile: )

No idea what eggy bread is! lol
  • cschmitz110515
    * Have a positive attitude during my 1:1 meeting with my manager today. :'( This was not a good meeting. I was basically told "If you're not happy, perhaps you should look for another job" Really? After 24 years, I should just scoot out the door? I wanted to cry. Thus, I failed on my goal to not eat candy or ice cream, and failed on my goal not to work over 9 hours.
    * Continue to keep my eye open for other jobs and don't be afraid to apply for them. You don't know if you don't try. :/

From my experience, companies have no loyalty to employees nowadays. I was "eliminated" from a job and company I used to love, after 31 years there. I was a VP, for crying out loud.

Your plan to keep an eye out for openings and apply is a good one. At least, it will help you feel like you have more options and control over your life.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited August 2017
    I got to work this morning and found out a woman I work pretty closely with, one of the nicest women I have ever met, was tragically killed last night, along with her daughter. They were out walking together and hit by a drunk driver. Her daughter was 18 years old and she just told me yesterday that she was taking next week off so her and her husband could move their daughter into her new college dorm. I'm in shock. I am incredibly sad. I was emailing her last night about work stuff and unbeknownst to me, she was already gone. It is just heartbreaking. What a senseless tragedy.

This horrible news really put things into perspective for me today. So, here goes...

Tracie

Oh Tracie, I am so sorry to hear this. It must be devastating. :'( Please know you and your coworkers and families are in my prayers. Kiss that hubby of yours every day and tell him you love him. Life is too short for regrets.

Carmela
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    edited August 2017
    I just made everyone else fish sticks (or fish fingers to me) chips and peas lol whilst I tidied everything up!
    Gonna make myself some eggy bread later! (Please tell me you know what that is @cschmitz110515 :sweat_smile: )

5b5mdjoucgol.gif

You.
    Are causing me troubles!!

French fecking toast!!

But just milk and eggs! No fancy stuff like cinnamon in the mixture or nutmeg. And I don't sprinkle it with sugar or maple syrup.

I add salt and dip it in ketchup!
  • Bex953172
    Incase non of you had noticed.

I got a new app for gifs :sweat_smile:
  • Bex953172
    You all must think I'm so backwards with all my Britishness hahaha
  • cschmitz110515
    @Bex953172 I think you're awesome & funny! :smiley::D:smiley::D
  • mytime6630
    * Leave work on time today and go home to my family
    * Smile and greet everyone I see today with a smile.
    * Hug my family and tell them I love them every chance I get.
    * Be grateful for the day, and thank God for always making sure we have what we need. Maybe not what we want, but always what we need.
    * Hug my dog who no longer can hear, walks so much slower and with a limp, and who just wants to make us happy. Extra treats tonight. Poor boy is getting old on us.
    * Don't sweat the small stuff, especially at work, because at the end of the day....it's all small stuff.

Tracie, I just can't help thinking today of all that you are going through, especially the loss of your good friend and her daughter. These goals you have listed here are the most important. Nothing else in life matters as much as our loved ones, and being grateful for what we have.
    I hope that you can have a wonderful weekend, free from work. No job is worth it. In the end, this is all that matters - what you have listed here. God Bless, and take good care of YOU. You are so special to all of us here. Joan
  • mytime6630

5b5mdjoucgol.gif

You.

French fecking toast!!

But just milk and eggs! No fancy stuff like cinnamon in the mixture or nutmeg. And I don't sprinkle it with sugar or maple syrup.

Ha - love this! I was also wondering what in the world "eggy bread" was LOL!!!
  • Bex953172
    joan6630 wrote: »

5b5mdjoucgol.gif

You.

French fecking toast!!

To be fair.. don't even think that's a British thing. That's just my thing lol!!! My partner calls it French toast!
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2017

5b5mdjoucgol.gif

You.

French fecking toast!!

To be fair.. don't even think that's a British thing. That's just my thing lol!!! My partner calls it French toast!

LOL --- that's what happens when you are surrounded by little kids! Love it though! I may adopt that term!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    TODAY--monitor calories (913), get exercise (weed-eat and swim), weed-eat/mow (need a new head for weed-eater, might mow when back from Y), 3 hours son's school (we did not), laundry/dishes/trash (sort of). And I went and found my missing meds and I also just watched TV--Dr. Phil about catfishing and Maury about people who need DNA tests.
    Tracie-how awful on both items. BEX-yuck, only French toast with syrup and cinnamon here
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2017
    Goals for Friday
    - eat within calories again - yeah I think so, not logged but not ate much
    - Drink a bit more water - no I forgot about this
    - Ring consultant - eugh no but I'm in again on Monday anyway
    - Ring council to collect the streets bins :rage: no need, they came this morning.
    - Go to Marleys development review! Yep, she's doing okay. Just need to check something in a month
    - 3-5K steps + jog if I can! - no the dog was seriously misbehaved so no walk for him.
    - Cleeeeaaaannn theeee hooooouse! I've got slot of it clean! It's a bit untidy but it's clean atleast!

Goals for Sat
    - finish tidying
    - drink more
    - Be in the green
    - log properly and not on pen and paper
    - 3-5K steps

Pregnancy is not an excuse.

• mytime6630
    I just love this poem, and thought it was a good time to post it. I hope you guys don't mind - its not weight-loss related, but in a way, it is also.

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
    He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.

Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
  • Bex953172
    TODAY--monitor calories (913), get exercise (weed-eat and swim), weed-eat/mow (need a new head for weed-eater, might mow when back from Y), 3 hours son's school (we did not), laundry/dishes/trash (sort of). And I went and found my missing meds and I also just watched TV--Dr. Phil about catfishing and Maury about people who need DNA tests.
    Tracie-how awful on both items. BEX-yuck, only French toast with syrup and cinnamon here

LOL we ran out of oil once and I fried it in butter. My partner ate it and was like Bex.. try this... it tastes like a McDonalds cheeseburger!!! It was amazing!!! Lol
  • Bex953172

5b5mdjoucgol.gif

You.

French fecking toast!!

LOL --- that's what happens when you are surrounded by little kids! Love it though! I may adopt that term!

*whispers*
    I've used that term before I had kids. :lol:
  • Bex953172
    I just love this poem, and thought it was a good time to post it. I hope you guys don't mind - its not weight-loss related, but in a way, it is also.

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
    He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.

Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

I've always loved this! So so true!