i accidentally ate a donut after my breakfast

Options
i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Try to see the humor in it, your situation made me laugh.

You could always do a little extra cardio and earn some calories.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Eat it all, enjoy yourself and repent tomorrow!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Go for a jog or bicycle ride or climb some stairs.
  • MsMichelle2112
    MsMichelle2112 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Make sensible choices for the rest of the day, and don't beat yourself up about it. You cannot uneat the donut, and it won't make you put the weight back on. Perhaps for peace of mind make an extra effort tomorrow, but really, tomorrow is another day, and you've got to be kind to yourself.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

So you had an egg wrap for breakfast, followed by a donut and now you're almost out of calories for the entire day? What is the total amount of calories you're supposed to have in a day?

it was big smores donut
    i logged the egg wrap and my iced tea and the big donut and the cake bites im gonna have later and the yogurt I have to eat to help my stomach and the lunch but then I have none left for the birthday dinner

What is your height, current weight, goal weight, and the amount of weight you've chosen to lose each week?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,485 Member
    Options
    Track it and move on. Do the best you can with the rest of the day. I'd try to visualize the day. What seems reasonable for the birthday party?
    Add up what you've done and what seems reasonable and make that today's target. Be sure to track everything.

What I wouldn't do is try to make up the difference by adding extra exercise or by imposing an austerity program.

The most important thing is the process, planning and tracking. This can be a great day. Today you track a miscue. It's an important test. Tracking requires tracking everything, good, bad and ugly.

The process is much more important than the number of calories for any one day. Learn from this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Make it a maintenance day. Doesn't matter.

It's really more important to learn from screw ups than get all worried or bummed out about them. Figure out why you ate the donut when you'd already had breakfast and how not to do that. Figure out how to plan for birthday cake if you want birthday cake.

Also, 1200 might not be right for you and if it's too low could be part of why you have trouble resisting temptation.

Planning in advance can be very helpful, especially if you are new to this.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So you are going over calories today. What about for the week?

Going forward, I suggest that you stop eating donuts after breakfast :)