Do you have a food/drink that you have to abstain from?

1234568»

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    rednote49 wrote: »
    Also I found out if you eat waaaay too much jello it gives you rainbow pee (orange, red, blue, green, purple) for up to a week. Also it shocks the emergency room drs and nurses. Yeahhh don't ask how much jello you need to eat for that to happen lol

OMG I eat so much sugar free jello! I didn't know that could happen?! :o
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Freshly baked bread with butter. I had to cut down on my baking lol
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Have to abstain from:

Alcohol - medical reasons
    Chocolate - medical reasons
    Caffeine - medical reasons

Everything else is fair game.

I do have a lot of foods that I choose not to eat, such as food high in saturated fat (and therefore calories) - can't remember the last time I had pizza, pasta or cheese. My diet is pretty well lean meat, eggs, vegetables/fruit, plain cereal, fruit. Sounds boring I know. It is boring but it keeps me on the straight and narrow :)
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2017
    Birthday Cake. When its my kids its always butter cream frosting, and some delicious filling in either chocolate or marble cake(chocolate and vanilla) and since the leftovers stay with us after a party it's a spoonful everytime I (purposefully) go into the kitchen. I had to go through this , just this week and i was like noo this has to go in the trash, I hate being wasteful too though. But mmm birthday cake is my weakness.
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Get ready for it... here we go... salad croutons. Lol :D
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Get ready for it... here we go... salad croutons. Lol :D

Omg, yes, this. My mum bought me a huge bag of croutons from Costco and I ate the whole thing in about a week without ever putting one on a salad. Straight out of the bag and into my mouth.
  • MsMichelle2112
    MsMichelle2112 Posts: 25 Member
    Cookies! I cannot have cookies in the house, which is annoying, but I do not stop at one.

And cans of drink. A bottle of anything can go flat and gross in the back of the fridge, but if there are cans around, I will guzzle them. It must be a "convenience" thing. I'm really not too sure what that's about.
  • igarcia13
    igarcia13 Posts: 59 Member
    CindyWard2 wrote: »
    It's Oreos for me. If they are in my house, I cannot stop thinking about them. I will make 100 trips into the pantry and get "just one"...until the bag is empty. I swear if I'm really quiet I can hear them calling my name in there!!
    Omg!! Me too!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mayonnaise - gross, it absolutely grosses me out.
    Sweet potatoes - I don't like them, at all
    Hot fries - I will eat the whole bag by myself, in one sitting.

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Alcohol for just one reason.................................I quit drinking. Granted on a rare occasion I'll have a beer with pizza, but past experiences with losing people close to me from drunk driving incidents deter me from drinking so that I can be the sober driver.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

So sorry for your losses. Kudos for doing what you can to honor the victims and watch over your friends.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Anything made with sugar or flour.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Little Debbie's oatmeal creme pies and Kettle brand Backyard BBQ chips. Pure Satan. I hear Linda Blair's Exorcist voice calling my name when I pass them. Now I want some. Both. Thanks. :D
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    Booze.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Little Debbie's oatmeal creme pies and Kettle brand Backyard BBQ chips. Pure Satan. I hear Linda Blair's Exorcist voice calling my name when I pass them. Now I want some. Both. Thanks. :D

those bbq chips are REALLY GOOD!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Hummus. It's really, really sad how little is in a 28g serving.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Cadbury Marvellous Mix Ups. (This is the European Cadbury, not the American Cadbury) It scares me how much I love these, which is why I only get a bag of them for Easter instead of an egg, but this year I could not find the bags of them anywhere. All I could find was the bar which has the popping candy in it which I don't like. I was so sad I didn't get my bag this year lol.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Pepsi. I can drink diet occasionally with no problems, but regular Pepsi is a slippery slope with me. It goes from having one to drinking it 6 times a day. I don't want to spend my calories on drinks, so I have to avoid it completely.