Going VEGAN, please help!

Options
Ok, so after watching the documentary What The Health, I am going vegan. I have already given up milk, after seeing the poor treatment of the cows on dairy farms. I am seeking to speak with vegans only. Please if you are an avid protein fan, I do not care about the lack of protein. I am looking for people who actively and successfully eat vegan.

So what are your staples?

I pretty much eat the same thing day in and day out, so having variety is not important. However, at this moment, I can only see veggies and fruits. I was a low carber for a long time and rarely eat grains, unless its cereal.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Also any recommendations for cookbooks would be a major help.

I do not have a budget for food, per se, however, eating organic and blowing money is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Kahesha

Replies

• didcrywolf
    didcrywolf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be specific
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just wanted to ask a piggy back question off this post, what is everyone favorite vegan protein bar? I was looking at the "no cow" bars in GNC and some of the flavors looked good but I am hesitant since I am new to this. Also has anyone tried the "Olly" vegan protein powder? I was thinking about trying that as well. Thanks!

[post edited by MFP mods]
  • cristoleyz
    cristoleyz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kricar86 great website/blog to use is Fatfreevegankitchen .... might be just fatfreevegan either way you'll find it if you just google it. Great website for recipes! Breaks down nutrition info on each recipe too. I did the whole vegan thing for about a year and a half...lost 122 pounds doing this. Was able to love eating veggies by doing this
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just wanted to ask a piggy back question off this post, what is everyone favorite vegan protein bar? I was looking at the "no cow" bars in GNC and some of the flavors looked good but I am hesitant since I am new to this. Also has anyone tried the "Olly" vegan protein powder? I was thinking about trying that as well. Thanks! [post edited by MFP mods]

My favorite is probably Clif Builder Bar (most of them have about 20 grams of protein). They're not high protein enough for me to consider them a protein bar, but I also enjoy the new Clif Nut Butter Filled bars (they have about seven grams of protein, I think).
  • cristoleyz
    cristoleyz Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just wanted to ask a piggy back question off this post, what is everyone favorite vegan protein bar? I was looking at the "no cow" bars in GNC and some of the flavors looked good but I am hesitant since I am new to this. Also has anyone tried the "Olly" vegan protein powder? I was thinking about trying that as well. Thanks! [post edited by MFP mods]

I've had the now cow bars.... not bad tasting but I'm an avid lover of Quest so for me I find nothing compares lol
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    https://www.pulsin.co.uk/almond-raisin-raw-choc-brownie.html

I like these pulsin ones, also PHD do some nice one's for any one in the UK.