Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT, 8/21/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep in green :)
    3. Keep drawer balanced :)
    4. Ask for help if I need it :)
    5. Look for dress for Friday :)Kinda looked but not really. Lol I will on Wednesday
    6. Make it through the day with a smile! :)I actually did this!
    8. Actually make dinner when I get home! No wraps or pizza! :)Was gonna make orange chicken and had the chicken in the skillet cooking away before I realized I was out of orange juice, so I threw in a bag of frozen broccoli, a splash of chicken broth, some garlic and herbs and voia la dinner was made. Heated up some precooked rice and it was a complete meal
    9. Spend time with the DH :)Actually fell asleep cuddled in his arms while we watched baseball
    10. Wind down by 9:30 :)Earlier actually...it's not yet 9:30
    11. Bed by 10:30 :)Probably waaay earlier!

Today was a great day! Work went really well. I got some additional sales training from our branch sales manager. Everyone I've talked to finds him really annoying, but I think he's hysterical. He's very enthusiastic about sales. Lol. He's one of those people who can sell anything to anyone. He's been giving me some great tips that I have to put into practice over the next two weeks. Came home and made a totally different dinner than I had planned but it still worked out well. Fell asleep watching baseball because the DH is so comfy, even if our couch is actually a love seat and waaaaay too small for us to stretch out on. Lol. Now it's bedtime because I can barely keep my eyes open and I have an early morning. My manager who lost her son a few weeks ago is returned to work today and tomorrow is my first time working with her in about 3 months. Before she left...I wouldn't say we didn't get along because we did...I guess I just found her really unapproachable about operation questions and things...but I'm hoping now that I have a few more months under my belt, that I'll be able to get along with her more. Especially during this really hard time in her life.

So here we go for tomorrow!
    JFT, 8/22/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in green
    3. Make a proper lunch and bring to work!
    4. Go to the gym on the way home from work(even if it's only for 15 minutes!)DO SOMETHING!
    5. Finish food shopping!
    6. Try not to take a nap
    7. Make yummy dinner
    8. Try to stay up late to spend time with DH and friends
    9. Bed whenever!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've had a little break (which you can interpret as 'totally fell off the wagon for 2 weeks and ate like a massive pig').

Have put lots of weight back on which is demotivating. It's difficult at the moment because I'm still not allowed to do running (due to op), which means I basically have no leeway on calories at all. Which is somewhat tricky when I have a ton of over eating occasions! (Birthday, weekends away, etc) I've basically been guilty of all-or-nothing thinking - 'I can't stay within my calories so I may as well give up and go mad'.

Going to pick myself and get back on with it now though. Only one weekend away left and am also allowed to start doing light/moderate exercise. So I will go to gym and do easy machines this week and start getting some motivation back!

And I have to remember that even if I can't stay within calories completely (which will be difficult next weekend) it is still worth making an effort to restrict the damage!

I DO want to be slimmer, I DO want to be healthier!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Read one paper today
    - Leave work by 5.30pm
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've had a little break (which you can interpret as 'totally fell off the wagon for 2 weeks and ate like a massive pig').

Have put lots of weight back on which is demotivating. It's difficult at the moment because I'm still not allowed to do running (due to op), which means I basically have no leeway on calories at all. Which is somewhat tricky when I have a ton of over eating occasions! (Birthday, weekends away, etc) I've basically been guilty of all-or-nothing thinking - 'I can't stay within my calories so I may as well give up and go mad'.

Going to pick myself and get back on with it now though. Only one weekend away left and am also allowed to start doing light/moderate exercise. So I will go to gym and do easy machines this week and start getting some motivation back!

And I have to remember that even if I can't stay within calories completely (which will be difficult next weekend) it is still worth making an effort to restrict the damage!

I DO want to be slimmer, I DO want to be healthier!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Read one paper today
    - Leave work by 5.30pm

This journey is never going to be consistent!
    I've had many ups and downs from January and the most important bit is that I always come back and try again because I do want to be slimmer.

And yes just because you go over on calories (what's your limit btw) does not mean you should go on a blow-out! :sweat_smile:

It's good to see you back!!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @Bex95172 I so get you about "useless appointments" today.
    I went to the dermatologist, where I had an appointment I have been waiting for for about 3 months now. And they are on holiday. I mean... a good practice would be to plan holidays and not set up appointments during that time in the first place. But at least inform people? They tried to call me a month ago. I tried to call back for a week around 5 times but never got through. So I figured they were just trying to remind me of the appointment and would call again if there was anything important. I am so angry right now. I am stressed at work and this cost me precious time, and I won't be able to wait that many months again with all the planning of finishing my thesis and moving out of the country.

@slittlemeister You did not lose, you won. Not many people come back after slipping for two weeks, that is a huge accomplishment in my books.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @skymningen @Bex953172 Thanks! You're both right, it's a win to have got back on here.

@Bex953172 My limit is 1,390. Not too bad on a 'normal' day but difficult to stick to on a day where I'm not making my own meals! (E.g. hols, eating out, etc.)

I'm going to aim for a 4 day streak this week to get my willpower back up again! Then I will allow myself to relax a little at the weekend (going to Paris)... but only a little. Will come up with a strategy beforehand and stick to it!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Happy morning or later!
    For Tuesday,
    Stay in calorie goals even though we are going to lunch with dear friend. (as long as we can since she's busy and I never see her)
    There will be exercise done here (or at the pool). aim for 60 minutes
    Laundry started, dishes to do, and lots of dog hair I can see without glasses on. 1 hour total tops
    Iris project to finish. I am at least half done and I think one hour will do it.
    Work at Heritage Center today (er forgot that 6-8 pm)
    Get in 2 hours for boy's school and go to martial arts.
    Totally doable.
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday: Disassociate, disassociate, disassociate. Until I get this right, this is my only goal.
    Managed to get through two major cravings to binge. Feel really good about that this morning.

JFT: Work through the urges to binge.
    Run before work as I won't have any other time today.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Recap M 8/21 Today is hubby's and my lucky 13th wedding anniversary. Since we work different hours, I'll see him at my lunchtime, and we'll "celebrate" by taking our black cat to the vet. Assuming she cooperates, this is our 2nd try. During the solar eclipse. Oh yeah, we're not jinxed. Actually, we're not superstitious at all. And the eclipse is 79% where we live, but seems it will be cloudy most of the day with chance of showers again. Guess I'll see the eclipse online / TV. = Cat 2, Us 0. Appt. #3 coming up. Turns out, hubby is not a good cat wrangler. :D
    1) Use "move" reminder...steps shouldn't be a problem with current work project = 7,307 steps w/o dog walk (I have desk job) :smile:
    2) Net calories green, at least w/i 100 = Red 113 so close :smile:
    3) Use Calm app, pause and pray = :smiley:
    4) Unwind 9:30 & bedtime w/ TV off 10:15 / dog walk T a.m. = :smiley:

JFT T 8/22
    1) Walked dog 3.35 miles before work & happy dog = :smiley:
    2) Net calories green
    3) Boil eggs, brew tea, prep veggie / fruit snacks
    4) Declutter something this evening
    5) Unwind 9:30 & bedtime w/ TV off 10:15 / dog walk W a.m.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    1. Weigh and log everything. EVERYTHING. Even if it's embarrassing, even if it puts me in the red.
    2. Get in the pool for 20 minutes. Do something. SOMETHING. Even if it's just floating for 20 minutes and humming to myself. Just get in the damn pool.
    3. Meditate
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 ☆☆ Happy Anniversary ☆☆
    (Sorry I meant to say that yesterday but got distracted by the eclipse events.)

8/22 Tuesday JFT:

Stick to healthy calories
    Do not eat back what I exercise
    Take clothes to donation boxes
    Small grocery trip
    Finish organizing boys room :#
    Run on elliptical
    Day 3 of Plank Challenge
    BB-Workout (do this immediately after lunch)
    Trying out new recipe for dinner :D (Kung Pow Chicken from MFP Blog) -
    Dinner by 7pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172;c-40290734]The bloody eclipse was so hard to live stream due to it being at totality at different places!! I just caught it literally by 30 seconds in Beatrice, NE? Don't know where that is :sweat_smile:
    That's pretty cool, because my son called last evening---that is exactly where he and his wife went to see the eclipse (they flew there from Arizona) . Nebraska is a state in the central part of the US; Beatrice is a small place not far from the state capital, which is Lincoln, NE. The largest city in Nebraska is Omaha--you can probably find that on a decent map.

• Bex953172
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @Bex953172;c-40290734]The bloody eclipse was so hard to live stream due to it being at totality at different places!! I just caught it literally by 30 seconds in Beatrice, NE? Don't know where that is :sweat_smile:
    That's pretty cool, because my son called last evening---that is exactly where he and his wife went to see the eclipse (they flew there from Arizona) . Nebraska is a state in the central part of the US; Beatrice is a small place not far from the state capital, which is Lincoln, NE. The largest city in Nebraska is Omaha--you can probably find that on a decent map.

Ah nice one!!
    I knew Lincoln was the capital, it's just I don't know all the abbreviations for the states!

What's Nebraska like?
  • sammyosborn
    sammyosborn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm looking to make some new friends to help me to get back on track, people who are active users. Please feel free to add me :)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday - not freak out over a commitment this evening. If need be I can pull the plug most anywhere. I can even admit to myself that I'm done with it for real. accept my fear and move on.
  • skymningen
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Go to the dermatologist and get a reasonably close appointment for the procedure. >:)I got there, stood in front of the door and it said they were on holiday. I had this appointment since months. I am never going to go there again. I was so angry.
    2) Do not stress out about the fellowship. I didn't, I was angry at the dermatologist instead. Nothing happened, anyway.
    3) Lunch downtown with friends :)That one was good.
    4) Work on book chapter finally. Or I am doomed. :)Also good. Colleagues stepped up and are helping a lot.
    5) Fetch lunch for the rest of the week from freezer in the evening :|I think I am just going to cook a bit. I am so hungry. Because...
    6) Go to gym ... I went!

And tomorrow:
    1) Get to work early to be prepared for meeting.
    2) Eat more fruit
    3) Again, do not stress out about not hearing from the fellowship.
    4) Pack stuff for visiting family during weekend in the evening

The treat is still there. Friday will actually be one month before the fellowship interviews. I don't want to get the news on Friday, because my family will want to talk about it endlessly and I might not.
    I also am pondering to finally tell my family this weekend that I have been having a belly button piercing for months. They won't like it, they will be verbal about not liking it and I avoided this discussion. Although I think it is stupid that I have to. I am 30 and I make my own decisions. And maybe there would not have been a discussion, but now there will be because I hid it. :s Kitten, kitten, kitten!
    I am really looking forward to visiting my family, but it also stresses me out because of (at least my mum) being fairly critical about my life sometimes. And fairly persistent in wording her critique. So for example hid this, do not talk to them about my weight and such. And I hate it, because I used to be happy and safe there and now I feel happy but cautious. When I get the main 'secret' out, maybe I will feel more relaxed in the future. But I need the right moment.

Excuse me, I am overthinking this. Majorly.
  • skymningen
    Options
    Ignore my previous thread. I have been stupid. I just called and told them and they laughed their kittens off that I had made such a fuzz about it. :( So embarrassed.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Still home sick with this stupid upper respiratory infection. Chest hurts, breathing is hard and my head is throbbing. So, JFT I am just going to try to get lots of fluids in and rest. That's it.

Thinking about you all.

@skymningen I know how you feel. I'm much older than you and I'm still trying to decide what I can and cannot tell or say in front of my mom. She can be very judgmental and it can sometimes be easier just to not say anything. Hang in there! If the worst thing you ever do is pierce your belly button, your a pretty darn awesome person! :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    Ignore my previous thread. I have been stupid. I just called and told them and they laughed their kittens off that I had made such a fuzz about it. :( So embarrassed.

Haha oh no lol!
    You can imagine my mums horror of me turning 18 (age that you don't need parental consent for certain peircings in the U.K.)
    And came home with my nose, ear and tongue peirced in one go!

Tbh she was more annoyed when I cut my own hair! (But I asked her if she liked it first, she said yeah) so just about got away with that haha!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Work was another great day! My manager who lost her son a month ago was there. It was her second day back. She seemed to hold it together pretty well. She actually noticed that I lost weight! She's the first person who's ever noticed(or at least said anything about it)! I was so happy! Lol.

Yesterday...well let's start somewhere else lol. I have a birth control implant in the underside of my left arm. It's good for three years. I got it put in in the beginning of October three years ago. About a week after we got back from our honeymoon. So yesterday I scheduled the appointment to get it taken out in the beginning of October. I had to schedule it now because my bosses do their schedules a month in advance. I'm incredibly excited because it has been giving me terrible acne for the last three years, but one of the more awesome benefits/side effects of having it is that I haven't had a TOM in three years! But it also means that I and DH have to be really careful now. We want a baby but we aren't going to actively start trying for several more months. But the possibility of having a baby is blowing my mind! So I'm kind of all over the place with this but either way, it's going to run out of juice. Lol. I'm just not exactly sure how I feel about it all! Lol.

Anyway, I dont know why I went on that ramble! Lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Work was another great day! My manager who lost her son a month ago was there. It was her second day back. She seemed to hold it together pretty well. She actually noticed that I lost weight! She's the first person who's ever noticed(or at least said anything about it)! I was so happy! Lol.

Yesterday...well let's start somewhere else lol. I have a birth control implant in the underside of my left arm. It's good for three years. I got it put in in the beginning of October three years ago. About a week after we got back from our honeymoon. So yesterday I scheduled the appointment to get it taken out in the beginning of October. I had to schedule it now because my bosses do their schedules a month in advance. I'm incredibly excited because it has been giving me terrible acne for the last three years, but one of the more awesome benefits/side effects of having it is that I haven't had a TOM in three years! But it also means that I and DH have to be really careful now. We want a baby but we aren't going to actively start trying for several more months. But the possibility of having a baby is blowing my mind! So I'm kind of all over the place with this but either way, it's going to run out of juice. Lol. I'm just not exactly sure how I feel about it all! Lol.

Anyway, I dont know why I went on that ramble! Lol

GET PREGNANT NOW!
    We can be bump buddies if you're quick enough :wink:
    Eeeeee I love babies haha