Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Caroline9252
    Options
    I am reaching out to you girls for some love. I have been in the dumps, and cannot get a schedule figured out. I have been having a really hard time since they put us on manditioy OT and am having a hard time finding a balance. I have not been logging and workouts have been far and few.

I need to get it together. I have gained back 6 pounds since this mess started and I dont want to continue on this path. Normally I am the one who "has it under control" but I can feel that slipping and I dont want to get off path.

I am on 50 hour work weeks right now, and its killing me. I got so used to me schedule and loved that I left everyday at 5' OClock - I just need some encouragement.

I need to get back on track - I did not come this far to thow it all away. I can feel some of my pants getting tighter and ugh I dont like it.

For some reason when I am logging I am doing well. I measure my food to control my portions and I work out. I have not felt like this in 7 months, and I am not sure how to pull myself out.

Any thoughts ladies - I need to know what to do to get "MY MIND RIGHT AGAIN"

HELP :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Caroline,

I was feeling exactly like this during May and June (although not because of work). I gained back 15 of the 25 lbs I had lost and felt hopeless because I had slid back out of control and wasted all my hard work. Because you're working so much its not fair to just suggest you wake up earlier or stay up later to get your workout in because I know that could end up doing more harm than good.

I think the first thing you should start with would be your food. Work on making sure you're preparing good meals ahead of time so you're not rushing to throw something together last minute (any time I try to do this it ends up being take out and that is a disaster waiting to happen). If you're strict with your diet, you'll be able to maintain your weight (or atleast do very minimal damage) until they back off your work schedule. I'm assuming the manditory OT is temporary (atleast it is with my BIL, who is on manditory 60 hr weeks right now as well)?

No one can expect you to be superwoman and maintain perfect exercice/diet while working OT and the added stress from work doesn't make it any easier to stay on track but you can do this! Focus on one aspect at a time. Thinking of you :flowerforyou:
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Thank you I needed that.... and it's a great idea. I leave for vacation tomorrow and come back Sunday. I am going to try to relax enjoy my weekend, and come Monday morning it's back to logging everything, and getting back on track. My burn for this week was a whole 188 whoooo!!! LOL, but your righ I need to focus on getting my eating back on track and the rest will come in time.
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Caroline,

I was feeling exactly like this during May and June (although not because of work). I gained back 15 of the 25 lbs I had lost and felt hopeless because I had slid back out of control and wasted all my hard work. Because you're working so much its not fair to just suggest you wake up earlier or stay up later to get your workout in because I know that could end up doing more harm than good.

I think the first thing you should start with would be your food. Work on making sure you're preparing good meals ahead of time so you're not rushing to throw something together last minute (any time I try to do this it ends up being take out and that is a disaster waiting to happen). If you're strict with your diet, you'll be able to maintain your weight (or atleast do very minimal damage) until they back off your work schedule. I'm assuming the manditory OT is temporary (atleast it is with my BIL, who is on manditory 60 hr weeks right now as well)?

No one can expect you to be superwoman and maintain perfect exercice/diet while working OT and the added stress from work doesn't make it any easier to stay on track but you can do this! Focus on one aspect at a time. Thinking of you :flowerforyou:

What an awesome advise. I agree with you 100%.
    Caroline, you are in my thoughts and prayers ... hope you are able to find balance soon. Enjoy a restful weekend.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just dropping by for a quick note. Firstly, Caroline, hang in there. Definitely break it down to the basics for the next while. Focus on your food and getting it right and eating healthy. Excercise will be a bonus for you if you can fit it in. If you stick to just logging and meeting your calorie goal you should keep on maintaining or maybe even losing a little because we're all still on a calorie deficit. I wouldn't stress too much about the excercise part while you're on this manditory OT. You're going to be very tired and that's not good for you either. However it will help you to get out for a walk every now and again to clear your mind and get fresh air into your lungs. Stay with it you're doing great and we all believe in you! You will get past this slump :)

Secondly, Im at my family home this weekend so I can't weigh in today as we've no scales here. Something which aided in my oblivious weight gain growing up! I weighed in Wednesday morning at 153.8lbs which was 0.6lbs down from last week. However I don't know if Ive maintained this number for today because I indulged a little last night at the launch of the music festival in town!
    But honestly Im not that bothered because I feel great right now. I saw alot of old school friends last night and they barely recognized me and it felt great! I think when Im stuck in my room and looking in my own mirror all the I still see myself as fat but when I came home and saw myself in other mirrors and in reflections in windows and so on I actually have to double check that it's me! I look alot slimmer in other people's mirrors! haha
    Also a good school friend of mine has been on this weight loss journey with me for the last 2 years. She has been doing really well. She's lost 60lbs and is at her goal weight right now which is about 145lbs. She's 2 inches taller than me and she looks fab. Well last night I saw her for the first time since her birthday in Feb and she looked tiny! I was so jealous of her little waist and initially it made me feel huge! But when we were walking out of the festival grounds last night we were side by side and the flood lights cast our shadows on the ground.... and our shadows looked practically the same!!!! Even though Im 10lbs heavier than her and 2 inches shorter! I was shocked! my silhouette looked just as slim as hers and it really knocked the wind out of me! So it really made feel great about myself which is why Im not too bothered about my weigh in this week. I either have a slight loss or a maintain this week and both are good with me!

Anyhoo, Im going off to enjoy the rest of my weekend. Going to see more friends tonight and tomorrow night and going to get dolled up in my new outfits so its going to be great fun, I can't wait :) Still have talked to my bf yet about his departure in a few weeks... dunno if I'll get a chance tonight with all my friends around but I'll see.

Oh and by the way, Ive lost 8.5 inches and 8lbs this month! Whoop! So happy with July! :)

Love you ladies!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!! 8 hours till vacation!! Just weighing in before I go at 136.18 lbs. a little loss. I'll take it considering the bronchitis, sinus infection and the lack of real exercise.

I'll be here and there over the next 2 weeks but I'll be checking occassionally when I'm home.

Good Luck to us all. We are AWESOME!!

Week 1(07.08.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): ====
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 136.4 lbs
    Week 4(07.29.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0
    7/22: 160.6
    7/29: 160.2

Between Guac-off last weekend and some stress eating that I tried semi-successfully to control and not really drinking a lot of water, I am quite happy to have a loss. I am proud that even though I haven't been making the best choices and I have been snacking more than usual I have manage to stabilize it with activity.

I feel like a broken record but this Saturday is going to be tough. We are going to breakfast tomorrow and that is my "guilt free splurge" meal every week. But tomorrow we are driving to New Hampshire to pick up our puppy. We have to be there at 1:30 which means lunch will be out. I have a great healthy meal planned for dinner but don't expect to get much exercise into balance out the two meals out.

My goals for the weekend:
    1) Drink water. I have been really bad about this lately. I need to get back in the habit of bringing my water with me EVERYWHERE. So I am going to really start focusing on this.
    2) Make reasonable healthy choices while eating out. Essentially, i will be happy as long as I manage to not order the worse possible things on the menu
    3) Limit alcohol consumption to 2 servings
    4) Get a good work out in on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Caroline: I know exactly how you feel. When I was working I was expected to work 45-60 hours a week and it was horrible and stressful. I think that job was the reason I hit 215 at my heaviest. Focus on getting on track with one think at a time and when you get that back under control, move on to the next. The important thing is that your caught it before you reverted into complacency. The fact that you are aware of what is happening and want to be different is the first battle and a huge success in itself.

I completely understand that when you are working crazy hours like that it is nearly impossible to "workout". You are tired and exhausted and just want to relax and decompress when you get home. Maybe there are little things you can do at work that will help burn calories. I am not sure what you do for work but when I was working, Instead of sending an email to someone I would walk to their office (which was usually at the other end of the building) talk to them, and then follow up with an email for accountability reasons. Maybe get a pedometer and set a number of steps you want to get in during a day. That way, you wouldn't have to stress as much about trying to squeeze in a workout or worry about losing some much needed sleep to get up early to work out.

Make sure to take some time for yourself. A hot soothing bubble bath can go a long way. Hang in there. I hope things get better soon!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @ Caroline, hang in there! Robin's idea of focusing on your food is a great idea! A daily walk, no matter how slow, would also be a great way to clear your mind and get a little exercise in. Just start slowly. I have noticed when I try to change things it is much easier to do one thing at a time, then to do it all at once. I'm also more likely to stick with it that way.

Weigh in:
    7/8: 161lbs
    7/15: 162.4lbs
    7/22: ---
    7/29: 161.2lbs

Still looking to break into the 150's!! Ughh!! I have been rather MIA this week. I apologize for that, it's half my lack of motivation and half Lukas is seeming to be extra needy lately. Normally I have most mornings to get in a workout before my husband leaves for work, but this week he opened a lot. I only did Insanity on Monday. I do think I'm going to switch things up. I'm not liking Insanity 6 days a week. I really have enjoyed the few days I've gotten out with Lukas and went jogging. So I think 3 days a week I will jog with Lukas and 3 days I will do Insanity. I will plan it week by week, according to my husbands schedule at work so I make sure to get the Insanity in on the days he closes.

My weekend pact for myself is:
    - Tonight, my father-in-laws retirement party, I plan to eat healthy options before I go, drink a lot of water and limit myself to 2 drinks. I offered to be the DD so I wouldn't go over on the drinks :)
    - Jog Saturday, try to find a 5k route.
    - 10 glasses of water a day.
    - Insanity Plyo Sunday.
    - No drinks after tonight.

Monday is my 2 year anniversary to my husband. Feels weird saying that, we've been together for 7 years. I think we might go out to eat, I'm not going to worry about anything that day. I just want to enjoy it!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Good Friday ladies!

Caroline, I think that you should stop worrying about not getting exercise in and make sure to eat right. I think food is more than half the battle. I know when I stick to a good diet for a week I feel so great, regardless of if I exercise or not! Best of luck. You can do it!!!!!! The 6 you've gained is probably some water retention too. You have NOT negated all the hard work you've done this year my dear!! I promise.

I forgot to weigh in this morning! Grr!! I got up extra early and worked out because I'm leaving for Mackinaw Island today at noon. I think I am the same anyways, so I'll keep with 167.8 for my 7/29/11 weight.

I am packing healthy snacks for the drive up there and I hope that between tomorrow and Sunday I will burn a lot both walking and riding bikes! I'm going to bring my HRM---dork alert!!!--- I'll give my final burn on Sunday Ms. Robin!

I'm not making a weekend goal list because my plan is to enjoy myself but keep very active! I'll check in on FB probably more than this forum over the weekend! Have a great one my ladies!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Heyy Alll~ I've been MIA this week, and secretly enjoying every minute!!

Monday: Kevin's softball championship followed by beers and appetizers
    Tuesday: Better than sex cake at work
    Wednesday: St. Paul Saints game with a best college girlfriend: Lots of beer/ cheesecurds/ and one mini doughnut! YUM
    Thursday: Bloody Mary's/pizza/ and nachos with my honey
    Friday: no idea what today will bring~ but I'm drinking LOTS of water to get this sodium out of me
    Saturday: MY BIRTHDAY! The big 25~ aka quarter life crisis! ;) And also, my BACHELORETTE Partayyyyy!!!!!

So~ my path to self destruction has me feeling okay since the scale was only up 1lb this am (after my spin workout...) I intend to drink far to much and perhaps eat a lot tomorrow in celebration of my birthday, and my singlehood (for the next 29 days!!!) And I'm thinking Sunday is recovery... so let's be honest Monday I'll be back on track. I'm hoping to be below 160 next friday on the scale.

I set a goal weight of 155# for my wedding: 8/27/11

Week 1(07.08.2011): 159.4
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 159.2
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 159
    Week 4(07.29.2011): 160
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

We booked our honeymoon: Dominican Republic~ Punta Cana for December 2nd.. so I'll be able to keep working at this hot body mission after our wedding so I'm looking and feeling good for this!

Calories burned for the week: 2223

Come Monday~ I'll play catch up on the forum. And get my self into gear! I can do this!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Desirae
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My burn for the week is 2074 calories :O( I'm bummed by the number, I was super lazy this week! Happy Saturday :)
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

We booked our honeymoon: Dominican Republic~ Punta Cana for December 2nd.. so I'll be able to keep working at this hot body mission after our wedding so I'm looking and feeling good for this!

Which resort did you pick Des? I looooooooove Punta Cana. One of the best beaches I have EVER seen.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to weigh in. So I am going to keep with what I had last week. 122.6.

And I have been super busy and super lame and I have not worked out at all. :( So no calories burned! :(
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My total calorie burn for this week is: 5668!!!!!!! DANG! Maybe I should play in a volleyball tournament every weekend!!!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My calorie burn last week was 3628, I forgot to log a 2 mile walk Wednesday so I added 200 more calories. Today we're attempting a 6 mile hike and I will have a my hrm on so wish me luck, should be a great burn today! Hope you're all doing great!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My pathetic calorie burn was 378. Next week will be better!!!!!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Thank you for all the support!! So with that said here are my goals for this week:

1) complete my diary everyday - back to weighing and measuring
    2) water, water, water
    3) limit one cup of coffe in the AM
    3) get three workouts in - I think I can do this even wight the OT even if I just do a quick jog or something.

Thank you all again for your support, and great job on those calories burned !!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    My total calorie burn for this week is: 5668!!!!!!! DANG! Maybe I should play in a volleyball tournament every weekend!!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!! That's all just wow!!! :D
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Jen today, I'm overstuffed. Was that chicken salad semi-healthy? Low fat mayo? I had two servings. :-). Costco cookies, then cake. Yum!

Back to jazzercise this week!!!