Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Cals are NOT created equal. CICO isn't the whole story.

Options

Replies

• RogueRunner_1
    RogueRunner_1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This topic is just annoying now. It's simple, calories in calories out will cause weight loss with a deficit. But common sense says certain foods are healthier for you than others. It's that simple. What's better for you, a banana or a cupcake? Easy enough. You can eat 1200 calories in cupcakes or 1200 in bananas. You'll lose weight, but common sense says your overall health is better with bananas.

It may be, for someone that isn't new. Many people have seen this thread a lot, but for someone just starting out and trying figure out what to do, this is information they can use. I know when I hit bottom and decided to lose weight, I didn't know the importance CICO, what "macros" or "micros" were. Also, remember common sense isn't necessarily that common. There are people that honestly believe that if they just cut fat out of thier diet (regardless of calories) they'll magically lose weight.
    Good point, I just mean there has to be a lot of threads already made on the topic and members can search the forums and see a lot of information already out there