30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, i would love to join, i have just finished doing it, so not too sure if my body will be used to the workouts?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started a few days ago, but only did day one then I got a nasty cold. I hope I get over it in a couple day and restart it from 1st of August.
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting on Monday, too :) I'm in!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi, i would love to join, i have just finished doing it, so not too sure if my body will be used to the workouts?

Don't worry, I've heard people say that they've started over and it was like a new beginning, because you're doing moves you haven't done in a while, 20 days since you did level 1, and that's if you start over the day after you finished. =) maybe you'll get all new results!!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 7 of Level 1 tonight, would love to follow everyone's progress and share mine here! My shoulders are still sore even after doing the same exercises for 7 days - good thing I have a few more days here at Level 1.
  • jessik980
    jessik980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I started on 6/28 so I will be a few days ahead!! Loving the video so far & feeling the burn!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    i ordered my copy on amazon but it wont be here until Delivery Estimate: August 3, 2011 - August 6, 2011... so i will be a few days behind you all but id like to be in your group.

i am trying to loose the last 20lbs and then maintain, or build muscle and tone/shape up.
    are you going to have a weekly weigh in or anything

a couple years ago i weighed 242 i am currently 174. i have gone up and down due to pregnancy but no matter how much i want to be healthier looking i just can't get myself motivated to stick with a program to get there. someone said if you want it bad enough you will do it. i want it bad but i let other things get in my way.
    im addicted to food and lack the mental motivation. i am on antidepressants which dont help in the weightloss fight.

i'm hoping the 30ds will be fun and i hope to be able to follow along with you all ( few days behind of course).

BTW: love the before and after pictures and measurements, those are really great tools at helping others get going.. thanks for showing them..if i'm brave enough maybe i can get someone to take pictures for me.. maybe.. :)
  • passionteaaddict
    passionteaaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    me too! i'm so in! i just dug out my copy and my hand weights.
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Will take measurements tonight!
  • hopeforus
    hopeforus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group. I will post measurements tonight. I really need some outside help!
  • jnlk80
    jnlk80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in...I started day one today!!!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have had my DVD for a week now and still haven't opened it up yet. :embarassed:
    This will be good starting altogether.
  • USC_SKH
    USC_SKH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Monday!!! Im excited!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    My dvd was ordered online a couple days ago and says it's in my area. Hopefully it gets here tomorrow but if it doesn't I will be jumping in ASAP. I can't wait!!
  • rbarwick
    rbarwick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were thinking of starting monday as well. This will be great to have more mfp-ers on our side! How do you add this to the exercise diary though? 30ds, Jillian, 30 day shred... they dont show up, and I have no idea what to compare it to... any help would be great. Thanks!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in on here and take part in the July 28th group and the August group. Today was L1D5. Nice workout, managed to do ALL the pushups on my toes (I have Plantar Fasciatis so my foot generally hurts from bending at the ball of the foot!) along with no modifications on the jumping jacks (same problem!)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were thinking of starting monday as well. This will be great to have more mfp-ers on our side! How do you add this to the exercise diary though? 30ds, Jillian, 30 day shred... they dont show up, and I have no idea what to compare it to... any help would be great. Thanks!!

I use an HRM so I put it under it's own exercise...
    But if you don't have an hrm you can put it under Circuit Training...
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I finished my first round of 30DS about a week ago. I want to do another round of it before I try her Ripped in 30.

Couple of things to keep in mind for you first timers:

1) You will most likely gain a couple of pounds the first 1/2 of the program. It's just your muscles holding on to water and glycogen to rebuild the tissues. Don't get on the scales if this will discourage you. My weight fluctuated up between 2-5 lbs a day right up to the end.

2) I took before pictures and after pictures after each level. Even though the scales were nutty, this totally saved my sanity from the frustration of not seeing a weight loss. I could see so much progress that I didn't realize just by looking in the mirror.

3) Be prepared to be insanely sore on days 2-4 starting out. Keep working through the pain, even if you have to modify everything. Just trust me on this. :wink:

4) I couldn't do all the moves. I still can't do all the moves right. But from day one compared to day 10 on each level, you will be :amazed: at what you CAN do. Don't give up because you can only do 5 seconds of jumping jacks...just try to do 6 seconds the following day, and so fourth.

5) JM is my Yoda. She knows exactly what to do to make your body look hot. But it comes with a price...she's hella annoying. I turn the volume down on the tv and crank up my favorite tunes on the stereo. It's much more pleasant to listen to. :tongue:

Let the fun begin! :drinker:
  • minnie_l
    minnie_l Posts: 8
    Options
    I was planning to start tomorrow, too, so I would love to join you all.

I think I only got through about 7 days last time, so I want to stay motivated the whole time this time around!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Note: For anyone who has not received their disc yet in the mail, and if you have Time Warner Cable (or other provider with On Demand TV) - exercise TV on demand has level 1 and level 2 of the shred, so you can just watch it through your cable box till your DVD arrives.