30 day shred/ripped in 30 starting asap

Options
caz98
caz98 Posts: 9 Member
hi all. I'm looking for accountability partner/s to start this. I have both DVDs so happy to start with either. Anyone keen to join me?

Replies

• serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have both DVDs too and I also need to be accountable. I find 30 Day Shred much harder than Ripped in 30. For some reason 30 Day Shred made me cry several times. Mostly due to frustration that I struggled to get through the warm up :( . I am up for doing Ripped in 30. Am I taking the "easier" option? Definitely!!! I have several of Jillian Michaels's fitness DVDs/health programmes but haven't had the motivation to work through them so thanks for the challenge invite.
  • nalthani94
    nalthani94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I have 30 day shred. I never finished it I always go for 1 week and then stop.
    What's your goal? Do you want to lose weight?
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS, but never Ripped in 30. I see it's online, so I'll give it a try. I might even be able to do this while on vacation- nice. I take it you're starting on the 1st? I really need to up my workouts again. I'm coming off of a couple of lazy months, with no weight loss. Let's get it done. I just joined another challenge that's working out 4x/wk, so this will just up my game. Barring any more injuries (why I took a couple months off), I should be able to finish.
  • caz98
    Options
    I was thinking start tomorrow (Monday). personally I need to drop a bit of weight/inches before i go to Bali. I like the Jillian workouts. they seem to go so quickly.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm up for joining using some different Jillian dvds - have just finished my 2nd go at 30DS so fancy doing extreme shed & shred alternating with Killer Buns & thighs... I have some summer holiday weight to be rid of! Starting tomorrow?
  • caz98
    Options
    yes starting today! I have stacked on some weight over winter even though I swore that I wouldn't. I have been going to the gym the whole time, but eating far more than i should of.
  • serser28
    Options
    @caz98 - Bali, very nice. I can totally understand why you want to start today. I will be starting on 1 September if that's okay with everyone else. Two reasons really - firstly I have my nephew staying with me until Wednesday morning and then I am off for a spa break for two days so will be unable to do a DVD until I return. Although I may not be starting today I will however be here from today cheering you all on. I am going to start with Ripped in 30 to "ease" (if that's the right word) myself into Jillian's DVDs as The Shred always has me emotional because I find it so hard. Hope everyone is okay with me starting on the 1st.
  • serser28
    Options
    xlymoapox3le.jpg
  • caz98
    Options
    I found Ripped harder after the first level. They both follow the same principles so they're both good. Not long til 1 Sept anyway. i forgot to weigh myself this morning but will do it tomorrow.
  • serser28
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I never got passed the first level! Shame on me!!
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just started SHRED two days ago (again) and am determined to follow through this time. My muscles are hurting like hell after the first 2 days and I've quit already a few times in the last years, always after only 2-4 days. It's freaking hard for an untrained slob like me, but I'm hopefully motivated enough this time and maybe, this thread will help?
  • serser28
    Options
    @missevil - I feel your pain. That makes two of us! I am determined to see if through this time round. This is a perfect challenge to keep us all motivated to finish. @caz98 thanks for starting it!
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DS and have done it a couple of times but please be careful - I got to level 2 day 7 last week and whilst doing double jump rope my calf muscle went "pop". It's really painful and apparently it's going to take a few weeks to heal. ☹️️ I'm gutted because it was making such a difference to my fitness / weight loss.
  • serser28
    Options
    a
    nalthani94 wrote: »
    I'm down! I have 30 day shred. I never finished it I always go for 1 week and then stop.
    What's your goal? Do you want to lose weight?

My goal is to lose a bit of weight but mostly to tone up and get fitter.
  • caz98
    Options
    bossyfairy wrote: »
    I love 30 DS and have done it a couple of times but please be careful - I got to level 2 day 7 last week and whilst doing double jump rope my calf muscle went "pop". It's really painful and apparently it's going to take a few weeks to heal. ☹️️ I'm gutted because it was making such a difference to my fitness / weight loss.

i'm pretty fit but have never been able to double jump. I just do single. i do step aerobics on Monday and Wednesday. and grace fit strength 2-3 times a week. I've definitely built my booty, but have put on far too much eating comfort foods this winter. I feel silly doing so much exercise then undoing it al with my eating.
  • serser28
    Options
    bossyfairy wrote: »

Thanks for the tip. I will take note if I ever get to level 2. I am going to do Ripped in 30 first. I seem to have a scary mental block with 30 Day Shred. It was the first Jillian Michaels DVD I bought and it's the one I am most scared of. Doesn't help that I am so unfit! I believe one day I will be able to work through it without crying at some point! It's funny how it never put me off purchasing any of her other DVDs. I have well over 10 different ones from her.

Good luck to everybody who are starting today.

• valutz
    valutz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I remember doing 30DS a couple of years ago and being so happy when I could finally do the entire videos without taking breaks (the first few times I had to press pause, rest for 1 minute than start again where I had left off) ...

3 years later and not much physical activity, and all my endurance went out the window.... Gonna give it another try today :smile:

Good luck everyone, let's keep each other posted :smiley:
  • caz98
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok. Weighted myself this morning (Tuesday 29th). I'm currently 79.6kg or 175 pounds. this is a ridiculous high for me i normally peak at 76 kg and stay there. I really need to stop baking!

I'm doing 30 day shred level 1 this afternoon and following it with an arm/chest work out from grace fit guide. I did legs last night and aggravated a hip issue, so won't be doing too much jumping.

Also I will take pics tomorrow morning. should've done it this morning.
  • valutz
    valutz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, day 1 was done with. Today will be day 2, if my shinbones don't act up again. Being a professional stumbler (don't know if that's a word...) I hit both of them at the beginning of the year, and boy did I still feel the aftermath while doing the butt kicks :neutral:

Do you guys adapt the exercises if you have any kind of injuries you don't want to aggravate?