Why am I stalling so bad? I recently took dairy out of my diet, could that be?

Options
13»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd say... you're probably not logging properly and eating more than you think. 2 fluid ounces of 'homemade chia pudding' for 51 calories? Do you realize how tiny 2 fluid ounces is? Do you weigh your bananas? Exactly 2 ounces of bananas twice in a day seems pretty unlikely.

Also 3oz of ground turkey raw, what does that mean? Because there's a big difference between 99% and 85% ground turkey.

IMO... you're eating more than you think. Tighten your logging with accurate entries and weigh your food.
  • Rivvvy
    Rivvvy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Rivvvy wrote: »
    DamieBird wrote: »
    Kekekylene wrote: »
    holy smokes, um you are probably stalling because you aren't eating anything, what are your stats? Do you exercise? You should be logging your exercise and eating those calories back as well. Are you weighing everything and making sure that your entries are accurate?

^^^^
    This

You're averaging less than 1100 calories a day! That's super low, especially if you're trying to keep up with a 10 month old. Is there a reason why you've set your limits so low?

Well I don't exercise much, I'm a SAHM and stay at home all day ha. Well I take off 100 calories from my 1200 for all the nibbling I do through out the day.
    I set my weight loss to half a pound a week and it added like 700 calories more. That will make me gain like crazy!

end thread
    holy smokes, um you are probably stalling because you aren't eating anything, what are your stats? Do you exercise? You should be logging your exercise and eating those calories back as well. Are you weighing everything and making sure that your entries are accurate?

^^^^
    This

You're averaging less than 1100 calories a day! That's super low, especially if you're trying to keep up with a 10 month old. Is there a reason why you've set your limits so low?

Well I don't exercise much, I'm a SAHM and stay at home all day ha. Well I take off 100 calories from my 1200 for all the nibbling I do through out the day.
    I set my weight loss to half a pound a week and it added like 700 calories more. That will make me gain like crazy!

end thread

^^^^
    This

end thread

What?
  • Rivvvy
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'd say... you're probably not logging properly and eating more than you think. 2 fluid ounces of 'homemade chia pudding' for 51 calories? Do you realize how tiny 2 fluid ounces is? Do you weigh your bananas? Exactly 2 ounces of bananas twice in a day seems pretty unlikely.

Also 3oz of ground turkey raw, what does that mean? Because there's a big difference between 99% and 85% ground turkey.

IMO... you're eating more than you think. Tighten your logging with accurate entries and weigh your food.

I didn't know the fat percentage of the turkey from yesterday. I figured that was the best option.
    The chia seed pudding was about 1/3 of a baby food jar. It was a tiny bit.
    I'm still learning so be kind please
  • Rivvvy
    Options

Yeah and I actually do weigh my bananas. I weigh everything!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the chia pudding stood out for me too. The one i make is 423 calories which contains 40g of chia seeds which is 181 calories right there. I also add peanut butter and protein powder which obviously ups the calories dramatically.
  • Christine_72
    Options

The chia seed pudding was about 1/3 of a baby food jar. It was a tiny bit.

Oops, disregard my previous post.

• Rivvvy
    Options
    Yeah, the chia pudding stood out for me too. The one i make is 423 calories which contains 40g of chia seeds which is 181 calories right there. I also add peanut butter and protein powder which obviously ups the calories dramatically.

I made a big jar of it and didn't want it to go waste so I just started measuring it in ounces. How should I weigh it? Of already made pudding with just chia seeds and unsweet vanilla almond milk
  • Christine_72
    Options

I made a big jar of it and didn't want it to go waste so I just started measuring it in ounces. How should I weigh it? Of already made pudding with just chia seeds and unsweet vanilla almond milk

Eeew math, my least favourite subject to try and explain...

You'd weigh the finished product, and then divide that weight into servings. Say the whole thing weighed 200g, and you wanted 4 servings, each serving would be 50g. I'm probably making this more confusing for you, someone will be along soon to explain it more articulately than i can.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Take the total weight of chia seed that you used to make it (like if it was x-number of tbsp., measure out that amount as an estimate and weigh it in grams) and the total amount of almond milk and add them to the recipe builder function. That will tell you how many calories per serving. It will be an estimate this time, but you can do that in the future to ensure that you have an exact amount. For recipes that I make frequently, I go back in and edit my recipe each time I make it, just in case the weight of any one item is off. As an example, I make a quicky spaghetti meat sauce with a jar of Newman's Own and ~1lb of ground hamburger. Each time I make it, I weigh it in grams and measure the liquid to make sure that it's the same amount. If it's different, I adjust the recipe. Since I'm the only one who eats it, it's easy for me to do a 'rough' divide of portions, knowing that I'm going to end up eating all of them anyway. If you're sharing the meal with others in your household, weigh the entire finished product and make the number of portions = 1 gram. So, if you end up with 350 grams of total finished chia pudding, you have 350 servings. Then, when you go to eat some, you can weigh out that you're going to eat say 136 grams of "Rivvvy's Chia Pudding" you log it as 136 servings of 1 gram each.

It'll get easier the more you do it ;). It sounds much more difficult than it is.

Edit: grammar
  • Rivvvy
    Options

Take the total weight of chia seed that you used to make it (like if it was x-number of tbsp., measure out that amount as an estimate and weigh it in grams) and the total amount of almond milk and add them to the recipe builder function. That will tell you how many calories per serving. It will be an estimate this time, but you can do that in the future to ensure that you have an exact amount. For recipes that I make frequently, I go back in and edit my recipe each time I make it, just in case the weight of any one item is off. As an example, I make a quicky spaghetti meat sauce with a jar of Newman's Own and ~1lb of ground hamburger. Each time I make it, I weigh it in grams and measure the liquid to make sure that it's the same amount. If it's different, I adjust the recipe. Since I'm the only one who eats it, it's easy for me to do a 'rough' divide of portions, knowing that I'm going to end up eating all of them anyway. If you're sharing the meal with others in your household, weigh the entire finished product and make the number of portions = 1 gram. So, if you end up with 350 grams of total finished chia pudding, you have 350 servings. Then, when you go to eat some, you can weigh out that you're going to eat say 136 grams of "Rivvvy's Chia Pudding" you log it as 136 servings of 1 gram each.

It'll get easier the more you do it ;). It sounds much more difficult than it is.

Edit: grammar

You are awesome!! Thank you!!