please weigh in and MAKE me understand (help me)

I started at 280# and lost 40# in18 weeks (about 2 pounds a week) by eating 600-800 calories a day. Since I started using this app (about 4 weeks ago) it and a friend kept telling me to eat more I realized I should be eating more (according to her and the app). So for the last 4 weeks i have been eating 1200-1500 calories and am stuck at 240 still. I have been more active trying to boost my metabolism but still stuck at 240. My wife and I are going to Cancun in Dec for our 30th anniversary I really want to be at my goal of 199 by then but short of going back to 500-600 calories a day i don't know what to do. I am a very impatient person so this is very frustrating for me. It only makes sense to me that if you eat less you will weigh less. I know that metabolism comes into play but eventually my body should start to loose weight again. Is my thinking totally absurd or can you all understand how this makes sense to me? And is my goal realistic? I have 14 more weeks to loose 38# this is almost 3 pounds a week...uggggg or should I prepare myself to go to cancun with my good old beer belly? :smiley:

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2017
    You may want to read through this thread - it will answer most of your questions

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

Edit:
    TL;DR version - eating low calories for a sustained time period causes lots of unpleasant side effects. If you want to enjoy your vacation, you're better off maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit (with accurate logging) and adjusting your expectations. You can probably drop 20+, maybe 30 between now and then, but may not get to 199, if you're in this weight loss thing for long tern health and success.