WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,089 Member
    Drkatiebug I should be able to see the name, I'll look and add it when I get it
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)DJ, one of the things I did when I started this journey was to decide that baking goodies would no longer be one of my hobbies. I gave away a lot of baking paraphernalia and supplies. I am no longer famous for my chocolate chip cookies. I just don't bake and I don't worry about it.

I don't cook, but I do love baking. Only now, I just bake for about a month around Christmas, and I did bake Lava Cakes on my birthday.

Unfortunately, baking and keeping the weight off just don't go together.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,478 Member
    Maritill - how wonderful can you get?

Denise called today and asked me if I was making her shower cake. I told her there are some things that are going to be a surprise for her. She said she thought that I might be making it and just in case she wanted to let me know that she doesn't like fruit in her cake, she thought that a "barbie" cake might be good since I made one for her when she was a little girl. I just told her that I'd be sure to pass on the message to whoever is buying the cake. I am making the cake. You have no idea how many marbled cakes I've made trying to get the marbeling to where I like it. Made a "veil" for the doll that goes in the cake. Thank goodness Jess is decorating it, I am NOT a decorator by any stretch of the imagination.

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room tomorrow then need to go to Sam's and WalMart. Not sure what time Steve will get here Fri and not sure if he's leaving on Sun or Mon, I'm thinking Mon. I should make the biscuits for us to have while he's here. Glad I asked not to be put on the schedule at the church this weekend.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: I got the handkerchief, signed it and mailed it back to you. I hope it arrives soon. (((HUGS)))

Maritill: Congrats on the "no cancer" report from the MRI!!!! :bigsmile:

My neighbor knocked on my door and wanted to walk this afternoon. I was happy to go with her. She hasn't been feeling good enough to walk for quite a while so this was a treat. She has heart disease. I have no notion of the medical details. She doesn't often feel good enough to walk, so I was very pleased to spend some time with her today. After I got home there was a call from DD and I got to facetime with her and the three children. It was very nice. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Not much to say tonight ecept the pictures of Houston encouraged me. Like you said 'it's coming'

Allie, I hope you have all the household things like dishware, vacuum, etc handled. I feel like the others do. Don't like how Tom is being so nice about the dogs.

Choir practice was rough tonight. Our director provides us with proactive CDs so we can practice at ho,e because our little 15 member choir has some tough music coming up and then the Christmas cantata. These CDs are just of the music and some choir. We have to pick out our parts in order to learn them well. The more we see the music in our hands in choir practice and practice it there, the easier it is to learn it and sing with our CDs. The sopranos have it easy. The Cantata is a rehearsal CD and our part is highlighted and we can hear the other parts in the background. I am summing most of the men do not use ther practice CDs at all. So much time was taken up with helping them learn their parts of songs that we have had the CDs all summer. One man said, when Nancy asked if there were any parts they needed hep with, he said from the beginning to the end. He is the tenor that stands behind me and is off key. So we didn't get t 3 songs on the list to work with tonight. And then after choir was trio practice. We sang the song fhrough one time and that was it. We are trusting that Sunday when we are all rested that we will do well. It is a song we have done before. I think one thing that Nancy does wrong is that she treats the men like she treats the kids she teaches in school. A few of the guys read music really well and the men depend heavily on them but the other guys are kind of clueless sometimes. But as always, it is good to just get together and sing.

Starting my lower dose of Am in tonight and I am hoping I will use my tiredness to help me get to sleep.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,007 Member
    Morning ladies
    Barbie will not buy anything else.i need a couch but will find something once I move in.I am buying a few new things that were on sale of course and a few things used.i haven't gotten cleaning stuff yet ,but will when I move..
    My Brother is being very nasty to me and I don't like it..he is up in New Hampshire and I will be taking Tal and my dad up early Saturday am.Sean doesn't have his meds with him so he is off the wall a bit.but I say things in confidence to his wife and she goes and tells him.geesh...he says everything thing is me me me,and I'm not committed to helping with cottage and this weekend..
    I told him I work 30 + he's a week ,try and help take care of his MIL,my dad,my granddaughter and stuff here.and try to move on from a bad marriage.I will help where I can this weekend,but if he is going to be uptight all weekend I don't want to go.but don't want to disappoint my granddaughter and my dad. Ok rant over.. sorry.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Allie (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,007 Member
    Heather~ Thank you so much for the advice...my dad has been going to Al Anon for 40 + years, my brother for the time being isn't drinking, but is wound up because he has to be in jail for 2 weeks he will be going to one of the nastiest prisons in N.H. and he is scared... he blew something off and didnt take care of it when he should of and now he has to do what he has to do..
    Alot of my family will be up there Saterday and Sunday and I will pitch in as I usually do... will have Taliah help some too. will try and capture some pictures , especially the peach ice cream
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    lisa in my gratitude journal coffee lands in the top 10 list every time :D

Joyce love hearing about the choir, sounds like a tough piece you all are working on, who's the composer?

Love that range hood!! Pretty!!

Tx folks, your strength and patience and courage is amazing.

NYKAREN