September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    September goal for me is 95 miles... fewer running days for me than August where I reached just over 100.

2017 Races
    02/25/17 - 26:06 - 5K Mardi Gras (not official course)
    04/01 - 53:23 - 10K Jadon's Hope Bug Run (1st and PR)
    04/22 - 1:58:24 HM Garmin Oz Run (1st and PR)
    06/18 - 54:04 - 10K Father's Day Run (gun time)
    08/05 - 24:02 - 5K Spencer Duncan (PR)

09/16 - 10K Kade Meyer Celebration Run
    10/01 - 8K Double Run (5K+3K)
    11/19 - HM Pilgrim Pacer
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So I have recently acquired a Garmin Forerunner 15 with the chest strap. Tried it on sitting at my desk and the strap feels like it will be rubbing. Any tricks/etc I should know before I attempt a long run with this thingy this weekend?
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Finished August with 128 miles, going for 135 miles in September. Also, will try to be more social with everyone here :) Let's do this!

Upcoming races:
    September 24 – Bachman Valley Half Marathon. Goal – to beat my previous PR of 1:50
    October 22 – Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon.
    November 5 –Gettysburg Battleground Half Marathon. Goal – to enjoy this local run I was not aware of!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Goal for September 150. Preparing for my first marathon in October. Injury last month caused me to miss my goal.

@cburke8909

Ooh, another first marathoner in October like @ariceroni and @garygse ! Which marathon are you doing and when?

I'm taking names here! #ocd :smiley:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I failed to meet goal of 119 miles last month, but still will challenge myself with 143 mile goal.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/9/17 - Wabash Trace HM
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run HM
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I am in again and setting a goal of 100 miles. I am hoping it a) cools down, b) work settles down and c) I can get some running in around the wedding at the end of the month
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Wow amazing goal!!

I am thinking for 170 km this month. Lets hope that the good weather will continue so I can keep swimming in schedule. And I have 2 raves this month which is awesome!!

Take care all
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month will try to improve on last months measly 34.70km. I'm going to include my walk to and from work each day which totals a daily average of 3.50km (1.75km each way).
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    one of our club runners is currently 2nd in her age category in the CCC. how much work do we think I'll achieve today.......
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    one of our club runners is currently 2nd in her age category in the CCC. how much work do we think I'll achieve today.......

What is CCC?