need some comforting words please, my parents hurt me and are not sorry... (long)

Options
13»

Replies

• NerdTurd
    NerdTurd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    NerdTurd wrote: »
    TLDR

... i didn't realise i would attract such stupidity. i said it was long... so bye.

thank you to everyone who actually tried to raise my spirits. bless you xxx

I'm starting to understand why your parents treat you the way they do

hahahaha oh ok then. xD
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ

So do you think that he also had issues with his parents?
  • NerdTurd
    NerdTurd Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Definitely just keep demanding an apology, afterall they're only letting you live with them AND finding you a new place, such meanies. You sound so grown up.
    I apologised to keep the peace, i lived alone for 4 years i am only staying temp till i move into my new place and i found the place so thanks love, i am a grown up.
    138shades wrote: »
    with a name like that you must be a piece of *kitten*.
    wow lol i came here thinking i was going to get mature responses. i was utterly wrong. my mistake. wont happen again.

those that did help though i appreciate it and i hope the best for you too, the rest of you can go bounce.
    anyway, chow =D

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be treated like that by your parents. I'm sure this isn't new behavior but I suppose one would never get used to something like that from someone who is supposed to care for them.

The only suggestion I have is to be as civil as possible until you are out of their house and then begin breaking ties with them. Their behavior is not likely to change and you don't need that in your life. Find some friends that care about your and move on with your life.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You did get mature responses - the problem is that you were expecting responses from people who weren't mature, who would sympathize with you as a young person feeling aggravated by the people who are paying for your entire existence. Many of the people here are parents themselves.

As long as you live under their roof, you have a responsibility to be civil. You don't have to keep living under their roof, and if they treat you badly you don't have to invite them under your new roof.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Dammit flagged for my play on a joke........

What piece of *kitten* did that?
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I usually dont give out awesomes to much but I did on both just because of a flagging f u ck tard
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I usually dont give out awesomes to much but I did on both just because of a flagging f u ck tard

Post Reported.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It would be pretty rare for this to come out of nowhere. Sounds like a pretty toxic and long-term dynamic has been going on.

Probably best that you get your own place anyway.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this thread...and I'm an atheist!
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Post Reported.

Appreciate that!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Post Reported.

Appreciate that!!!

I'm here to serve.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You need to be put on anti-depressants. I think they will fix everything because I'm on one now for an injury since it has multiple uses and I have no feelings of love nor hate. I pretty much just stare off like a zombie and do not give a fck about anything, especially your post.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Squirt_ wrote: »
    You need to be put on anti-depressants. I think they will fix everything because I'm on one now for an injury since it has multiple uses and I have no feelings of love nor hate. I pretty much just stare off like a zombie and do not give a fck about anything, especially your post.

Staring off is vastly underrated.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Squirt_ wrote: »

Staring off is vastly underrated.

I do kind of like it.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I reckon some breathing space would do you all good. Keep yourself busy the next few weeks - gym, work, friends - then distance yourself once you're in your new place.

Work on building your confidence back up, being independant and happy alone. Every one wants validation and love from parents, but parents are just people. They have their own baggage to deal with, their own lives to contend with. Being a parent doesn't come with instructions and we all just fail at being civilised and "getting it right" relationship wise sometimes. In all relationships we can't always get the validation and comfort we might want at the time. I too struggled with pleasing my parents and feeling valued by them, and I know it's a lonely place. But the best we can do for our own long term future happiness is to learn to love and value ourselves fully, and depend and expect less of that coming from others. When you get it, enjoy it, but don't depend on it.

When you're strong and in a good place yourself, when your value in yourself can't be shaken, go back and make amends with your parents. I reckon all will have calmed down.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would say don't hold grudges and free yourself by forgiving others especially ur parents and move on with your life. You should be so busy with doing that what is good and beneficial to yourself and others that u don't even remember if anyone ever wronged u. But remember don't get stung by the same stinger two times. If you do mistakes, learn and move on. Life is too short to be worrying about things that u cannot change or going back to past. Everything happens for a reason. Peace ✌
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    TLDR

Yeah much. I got problems too
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have never called my mum names not she, maybe both of you need to see a councillor? If your home is that turbulent maybe you should move out now. Once the dust is settled, talk with a professional (there ain't any on here).