Maintainers weekly Check-in August 2017

Options
12346»

Replies

• joanreneepas
    joanreneepas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Joan: August 28 weigh in- 127.4.
    Up 3#. But as was pointed out to me earlier today. This can't be true weight (fat) gain; because no way did I consume enough Cals over maintenance this past week. So, it's a fluctuation... I'm cool with that. But I am still going to be stricter with myself this coming week about exercising and staying under my daily cal limit. I was out of sync this past week. I absolutely love reading everyone's inspiring posts on this thread ...successes and struggles. It's real life; so thanks all.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Name: macchiatto
    Height: 171cm/5'7.3"
    Total Weight lost: 30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: It came off in stages.
    How long in maintenance: Since March
    Maintenance weight range: 128-133

(For the following I go with moving average from the end of the month since I don't see a general average weight per month in Happy Scale?)
    Average weight recorded from January: 132.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 133.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 132.1
    Average weight recorded from April: 130.8
    Average weight recorded from May: 130.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 131.6
    Average weight recorded from July: 133.0

Week of...
    7th August: 135.4 :frowning:
    14th August 134.3 :frowning:
    21st August 134.6 :frowning:
    28th August 133.0 :smile:

Success/struggles of the week: I tweaked my back so I had to back off of workouts for about 4-5 days. Thankfully it's a bit better today. My biggest struggle over the past month has been that based on the data, I should be slowly losing the few extra pounds but as you can see, that hadn't happened (until today!). Success was getting back into goal range. Now I need to stay there!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Name: Chris
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 54
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years to reach original goal of 150, 5 months to new goal of 145
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137-140

Average weight recorded from January:153.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 151.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 145.8
    Average weight recorded from April: 145.1
    Average weight recorded from May: 142.6
    Average weight recorded from June: 140.5
    Average weight recorded from July: 141.5

Week of...
    7th August: 139.8
    14th August: 140.4
    21st August: 142.6
    28th August:139.4

Struggles: Dealing with tremendous work related stresses the past 2 weeks resulted in taking comfort in friends who plied me with food and drink. I could have/should have refused but lost my resolve. Said stresses also resulted in lack of sleep, some nights only 4 hours.. The domino effect of this was lack of energy for exercise. My Fitbit conked out,working too hard? Was without one for a few days and missed seeing those numbers.
    Successes: I did not allow indulgences to spiral out of control, the next day ate at deficit although did not get enough exercise. This resulted in getting back into maintenance range by today...Happy dance! During this 2 week period my trending weight never went above 141 so technically I was still in my maintenance range. I am learning that a gain of 2-3 lbs. after going off the rails will come off just as quickly as long as I get back to the plan immediately. Constant vigilance. I will be going on vacation on Wednesday and will take my KettleBells and scale.

Sounds like even with all the stress you regrouped and handled it!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    @sgt1372 "Weight very sensitive to minor cal changes. ", i noticed that as well, seems kind of weird, but true.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:145lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story (PhotoBucket broke my pics. Still working on fixing this.)
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 122 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight trend: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight trend: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight trend: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight trend: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight trend: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight trend: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight trend: 122.3lbs
    August avg weight trend: 118.9lbs

Trend week of...
    25th August: 117.9lbs
    1st September: 118.5lbs

Successes of the week: Again, got in more strength than stretching, but the days are short and the back-to-school list is long. (My office is still not student-ready, I have a ton of materials I have yet to go over, and our first day is Tuesday.) I did indulge more than I had planned at staff events, but not to a horrible level, and didn't really panic over the lack of steps this week.

I was reminded at a seminar about sensory issues and the serotonin connection. Am trying to apply some of those emotional boosters instead of reaching for food.

Challenges of the week: I do feel panicky about not being ready for start of school, and we are celebrating my birthday early and eating out tomorrow. This was a bit of a surprise, and I hadn't banked for it. Will have to fix things on the other side, I guess.
  • CoachJen71
    Options

joep5emeo9by.jpg

You look radiant!!! <3
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just reached maintenance (one week as of this past Tuesday!). I have been hugely inspired by watching you maintainers post here every week, so I am jumping on the accountability bandwagon!

Name: Callie
    Height: 5'9
    Total Weight lost: 63 lbs. (Give or take a bit, given the day)
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 10 days
    Maintenance weight range: 143-148 (with a super hard upper ceiling of 150)

Average weight recorded from January: 186.5
    Average weight recorded from February: 181.6
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 166.3
    Average weight recorded from May: 160.2
    Average weight recorded from June: 154.1
    Average weight recorded from July: 149.5

Week of...
    7th August: 147.4
    14th August: 148
    21st August: 144.6
    28th August: 145.8

Success of the week:
    I have officially been in maintenance longer than I have after any weight loss previously! (My previous maintenance streak before going hog-wild crazy and saying "forget this!": Two days.) Also, it has been a very crazy week, but I have managed to hit my step count goal each day except Sunday, which I haven't done all summer.

Struggles of the week:
    I started a new job this week that requires me to get up at 2:00 AM and start work at 2:30. The job itself has been awesome, but the sleep loss and dramatic schedule change has been a struggle. I have found myself to be way hungrier than normal and making somewhat poor eating decisions. I have still weighed and logged everything, however, even if it was unplanned.

Also, I have been gradually walking up my calories over the past several months. According to my Fitbit and my previous record of weight loss, I am still under my maintenance calories by about 100-200 calories daily. Despite this, my weight randomly spiked up from 143 at the beginning of the week to 146 and has settled back down to 145ish. Ah weight fluctuations: always just the right amount of random annoyingness.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Hello! I just reached maintenance (one week as of this past Tuesday!).

Congrats on losing all that weight, and good luck with the job! :)

• nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Name: Nichell
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost: ~50lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5.5 months
    How long in maintenance: about 15 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155lbs

Average weight recorded from February: 182.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.5
    Average weight recorded from April: 164.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from July: 150.35

Week of...
    7th of August: 151.1, trend 149.4
    14th of August: 152.3, trend 149.9
    21st of August: 148.5, trend 150.4
    28th of August: 148.5, trend 150.3

Successes- very happy with my plan to switch my weigh ins to Friday. Though I don't think it has any actual bearing on anything, it has done better for my mentality. A few weeks ago, I decided that I was going to loosen up on my diet on the weekends. When I was weighing in on Mondays, the water weight from the extra carbs was weighing my down emotionally and mentally. I track my daily weights in another app to monitor trend, and Mondays are usually my highest weight days. It was really difficult to have to keep reporting my highest weights of the week. It's much better this way.

Struggles- I've gotten involved in some activities, which otherwise would have been great, but I find myself now having to rearrange my gym schedules. I feel like my priorities are continuing to drift, which is concerning. I mean of course it's good to do things other than going to the gym and lead a balanced life. I just know myself and I'm a "give an inch take a mile" kind of person. I don't want to fall into old habits, and I feel like I'm trending that way. Gotta get back on track
  • joanreneepas
    Options
    Joan- Sun 9/3. My weight is up another pound this week. I was on Vaca this past week and Ended up just trying to maintain. I'm at the top of my goal weight range and want to Not gain any more and get back to the number that I just loved seeing on the scale. So Im back on my plan that got me there, as of today. I too, plan to start weighing in, on Fridays
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @willnevergiveup WOW!!

SW: 187 (was 190 at my biggest!)
    Total weight lost: 72# on MFP
    How long in maintenance: 2 years
    Maintenance weight range: 114-117

I can't remember my weight from January until now. Probably started the year around 114#. I have bounced around from 114 to 117# since then.

August 29: 115#

• joanreneepas
    Options
    Weight 127.6 today 9/8. I'm on high end of my maintenance goal weight. I was down to 124.4 two weeks ago. And it felt awesome. Now Trying to regroup and get in my groove again.
    Struggles this week with carb cravings. Going overboard with cereal and snacks.
    Success this week: realizing I need to fix this before it really gets out of hand. Joan