Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    velocity60 wrote: »
    I'm so happy about my start to the month . I did my squat challenge yesterday & also the step one . Had over 16,000 steps & it was all from cleaning , yard work & errands . I went to my mother in laws 91st birthday party , I made the appetizer platter & I included fruit & better choices . It was a big hit & I managed to get back to the weight I was last Friday . These weekend boomerangs are a killer for me , but it's my new September & this weekend is going to be different !

Well done, Velocity! Your appetizers look delicious and love the pic with your MIL - Happy Birthday to her! Your message was a good reminder to me (coming off of vacation!) that each day is a chance to start again and course-correct. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sara, I thought of you last night while listening to the Giants-Cardinals game: they said the game-time temp had been the hottest in history at 109. Yikes! Hope the heat breaks soon for you and Tillie.

Good morning to all - Happy Saturday!

BBL,
    Tess
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Hadn't checked the scale in awhile and it was a disappointment. Today was up at 161.6. Really need to cut out carbs and sugars and focus on getting my protein in! Like Velocity, I'm trying to view September as a new month to start anew. DH and I will discuss menu for week and plan accordingly. Exercise has been minimal due to hip/back/leg pain but will try to focus on getting at least 500 steps per hour that I am awake.

Just asking myself how did I let myself gain 15 lbs over the last year or so?

No big plans for the weekend. Staying away from events with food. But would like to get out and do something. We shall see.

Have a good day!
    Annie

Current weight: 161.6
    Goal: 145
    All-time high: 177.8
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Happy Saturday to everyone~~ Lots to read and see.

Nice photos Velocity! Annie - hang in there. Tess, thank goodness there are no more donut stores than we can handle on the East Coast! Iowa sounds safely far away.
    Hello to Samuels and Kathryn and Dawn~~

It is cool-ish here in NC. Hoping it will warm up soon so I can stay in the pool longer (psychological).

Sara - I found out that my sister, who is an engineer for pete's sake (smart & makes enough $$$), does indeed have a normal sash window in both her bedroom and her art studio. All these many years I figured she had some strange casement window and that was why she's been whining and complaining about these heat waves. I will not directly ask her why in the world she has never purchase two tiny little units that could at least take the edge off of the high temps when they come along......If I say anything more, I will get an earful back, I'm sure. Dummy up!

I never knew that the Cabana Boys had gotten crystal stemware for our drinks! Nice touch Boys!

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

242.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Laundry hung out before errands, already 93 here, may as well use the heat somehow..... another load of laundry tomorrow......I am telling people I know who encounter a lot of people that there is a cooling center open today in case they need one. Someone in my FB circle posted it. A/C may break and nice to know safe place to be.....

Velocity that tray of food looks awesome and a good start to new month.

I have melon, blueberries, granola and will get more greek yogurt tomorrow. Making a pot of rice and will add green onions/celery and usual frozen vegetables. No real plan for week yet. Hope to find one by tomorrow.

3uhkdu1qi82b.png

Using pine scent to make place feel cooler, we shall see.

BBL

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - how are you and Miss Tillie holding up out there?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Neighbor's a/c went out, so far mine is working okay. 108 was high today, lower temps by a couple degrees tomorrow and cool off is predicted starting Monday. Not a good time for a/c to break so I hope my neighbor is doing okay.

Took a nice nap this afternoon. Dog ready for walk, stop by later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hottest day ever in SF today - they do not have a/c because as a whole they dont need to. 106 in SF and that is insane.

Measure the fruit to make sure you have 1 1/2 to 2 cups total. Combine the ingredients in a blender: Combine the chopped fruit with 1 cup of ice and the sparkling water in a high-powered blender. If you're using any flavoring extras, like mint or lemon juice, add them now.May 24, 2015
    How to Make Fruit Slushies - Recipe | Kitchn
    www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-fruit-slushies-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-206361

Stay inside and stay cool.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Another over 100 day, so another day inside. Dog up and fed and I am wishing for more sleep.

Groceries and then inside. BBL
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Sara that sounds dreadful! I grew up in Florida, and it would get hot, sure, but it was the humidity that made it seem hotter. I can't really remember have actual temps over 100. Upper 90's, but rarely do I remember anything higher than that. I lived in a harbor off the gulf, so the gulf breeze kept things *a little* cooler. Try to stay cool!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Vanessa - what part of the country do you live in?

Good morning Sara - Get those groceries done, and then get inside!! Hang in there!

In NC the rains have gone, and I think we have two sunny days. I need it to keep my mood up.

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

243.8 today (yesterday's leftover Bertolli Salt Bomb farfalle, never again)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay, groceries done, no flatbread pizza that I can trust (never sure how spicy something is or what makes it spicy..... was my only choice) got a mayo based chicken salad for a couple dinners and a large container of greek yogurt to eat with blueberries/melon/bananas/granola.

Second load of laundry going- using the heat to my advantage - 6% of our electric bill is dryer alone- why not use the heat and save $$.

Grocery parking lot, man in open car with food trash all over - has been there since yesterday. Cop came by but did nothing. One of the grocery employees watched me come in and waiting until I got in safely. Store did its part to contact the cops - why would you leave someone out there in the heat? I hope if I needed help I would be treated better.

Okay asian based movies (english w/ subtitles) - tomorrow do not know. May take myself to breakfast tomorrow.

Cook up pot of rice to use celery and green onions and make vegetable fried rice to freeze.

Water, water, and more water. I just rolled my eyes at the thought.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara - Glad you are home from your errands.
    You know I know from living in midtown Manhattan that sometimes it is difficult to help difficult/troubled people who are homeless or whatever because of their mental condition. I hope that Parking Lot Man finds some help, maybe not likely on a holiday weekend.....In Manhattan it is not the police but some city organization that helps the people in the street.

Enjoy your movies!

I have always mourned the end of summer, but this morning I realized that one nice thing that happens here in NC house in September is that the sun is lower and so it can shine into my windows. It doesn't do that in summer.

Time to do some painting, then a workout in the pool~~

Lana
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Lana I live in Nebraska now. I think I will join you on the neighboring lounge chair today.

Sara, I love water! That is one thing I don't struggle with.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Fried rice for dinner will wait to stick rest in freezer. Only 106 which is better than 109 of yesterday, supposed to be cooler tomorrow.

Considering taking myself for breakfast tomorrow, will wait to see how things are air wise....

Darker when I take dog out for walk so while the temps do not show Fall, the light does.

More water with dinner. Movie after dinner and zzzz time.

Hope everyone is staying cool and having a good 3 day weekend (those who get the holiday off and those who celebrate it....).
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Sara, dinner sounds great - and the heat sounds unbearable. Hope it breaks soon.

Lana, hope you had a good day under the tree with the C-boys. When do you have to go back to NYC?

Our town is having a Labor Day parade tomorrow, and I'll be marching in it with a group I belong to. First time in a parade since high school marching band! :smile:

Good night to Vanessa, Annie, Samuels, Ali, Dawn, Kathryn, Velocity, Bud, Janice, Farmgirl, Mrs. Leonard and anyone else wandering by.

Tess
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed when I saw the number on the scale but looking at the last weigh in I dropped a little since Friday. :smile: :smiley: great way to start the week. Sticking to it. :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

Waves to every one
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    I was disappointed when I saw the number on the scale but looking at the last weigh in I dropped a little since Friday. :smile: :smiley: great way to start the week. Sticking to it. :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

Waves to every one

Good for you, Samuels - both for the downward weigh-in AND for taking the longer view! I keep having to remind myself that this is a journey measured over weeks/months, not days/hours, and your post helped me with that mindset.

Happy Labor Day to those who recognize it, and Happy Monday to all.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Up later for me, dog up all night with the trotskies. Making rice with chicken broth (reduced sodium) for her as I type. Will call Vet today dog has apt Wednesday to get physical and teeth cleaned and may need to reschedule that part of it.....

Paper got here at 5 not 3 so I my sleep schedule may change. New delivery person she left note with paper saying she was stopping Sunday - I left a "thank you" sign outside Saturday night for her. It was gone when I got paper Sunday, so I hope she saw it.

May/may not take self out for breakfast. Not too awake at the moment.

I second Tess - Happy Labor Day to those who have the day.

More sleep? BBL
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Oh my I've missed a lot
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Mom is home and still recovering but coming along.
    Today is my brother's birthday and our first without my dad here. They shared a birthday. So we're having spaghetti because that was always dad's favourite with sauce I made from some fresh tomatoes we bought this weekend.

I hope that everyone is doing well and being successful and happy. :) Happy Labour day to those with it off.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Happy Labour day to the Labour day people.

Tess - I'm glad I could bring it to your remembrance.

Sara - I love fried rice with veggies and/or chicken/bacon.

Lana - pool sounds fun

Listening to a podcast presenter said "Better decisions take hard work." Think I'll put that on a sticky note for the week. It's Spring Time in RSA. Dresses and sandles and short sleaves and sunlight. It can get pretty hot. Will need to stay hydrated.

I've decided to make lentil/quinoa burger patties for lunch this week. My brother won't appreciate the vegetarian lunches :joy:

Keep cool and hydrated

Waves to all.