Thank you Sara!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,352 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed.

New person in cubicle next to me is one of the loudest people in the department - my supervisor before she left advised me I might want to wear my music headset and now I know why..... I will document if needed as this lady is also the one who rides me when my gray roots get too noticeable..... but keeping my job is my job too. Wow what radical changes in the department. Also just realized that the two loudest women are now 3 cubicles apart, this could be reality TV..... I wonder how they handle each other....

Sleep some more and then errands.

Will stop by later, wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sara - What is it with some people--they are so obnoxious and have such self-importance? that they can actually think it is a good idea to tell another human being something negative about their hair? It is too bad that these things occur in the workplace, where you can't risk defending yourself for fear of how that will affect the future situation. Sad and sickening. That's a form of bullying, right?

The only good thing about these extremely difficult people is they serve to teach us how not to behave.

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 ATH
    185 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So glad no one tells me to cover my grey... I'd be in a lot of trouble...

Sara - hope they don't drive you too crazy... sounds like good advice from old supervisor...

Hope everyone has a great weekend...
    Tourists are everywhere here.. ready for the day to be over so I can go home and hide!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - Where in Missouri are you that there are so many tourists? I know there is lots to do in your state, but I wouldn't have guessed that you have a concentrated onslaught of them enough for you to go home and hide! That's what we do mid-town Manhattan. LOL

I passed by so many sweets and baked goods while running errands today and came home with only my ground Starbucks coffee and vitamins. NSV!

Dinner is huge green salad, olives, shredded cheese, a bit of chicken breast, olive oil and vinegar.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Called Ophthalmology number as I was waking up and seeing a "pink" Miss T - her white fur was pink - just got back, no nerve damage and no blood in eye - so now I get to document if it gets worse.

Called 2 people I knew to see if they could drive me - my eyes are so strongly dilated that I would not be able to drive myself home. Security guard at work drives for UBER and I was able to get him to help me to/from hospital (after hours you see eye dr in hospital).

Had a piece of artichoke/bacon pizza and minestrone soup at cafe in hospital so dinner will be ?? Not much.

Lana - good job on passing up the sweets!

Dawn, when you get home put on a good movie.

Hot shower and more Downton Abbey episodes for my evening. Enough calories for hot chocolate too!

I will do all my grocery shopping tomorrow....... did none today.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - that is so weird about your eye seeing pink. I hope that it resolves itself for you. Love Downton Abbey!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - I'm at the Lake of the Ozarks... Memorial Day weekend is official tourist season kickoff... Labor Day is the end... so, summer (especially weekends) it is crazy busy around here... locals know, get all your shopping done by Thurs and stay away from town, until at least Monday...

Sara - I have a couple good movies, but have been keeping TV on, as weather is scary! Tornado sirens went off while I was at work, today...was very scary... people were seeking cover in our buildings... very high winds, severe downpour, hail, and power kept going out...I always worry more about the animals, more than myself... they have nowhere to go... only hope a tornado never hits there.. lots of damage on the way home... half of town was out of power... trees down on roads and power lines... power lines on ground and poles broken...we are very fortunate at home, right now... calling for more storms to come... quiet at the moment...
    Hope you can figure out what's going on with eyes... that would freak me out...

My eating has just got out of control, again..I think about it... do good for most of the day, then come home and just eat everything..I need to continue thinking when I'm at home...I just don't know what I'm doing... ugh

Not sure if I'll be back...
    Have a good evening all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries and then home for some housework, food prep - quiche with rice base crust, napping with any luck and knitting.

Dawn - wow what an adventure film - hope you are doing okay and that nobody was hurt. You are in tornado alley arent you?

Dog is done and I am crawling back for more sleep. I was joking with a coworker that I am on the "2 week plan" in that I am seeing a doctor, dentist every 2 weeks. Hope this trend eases. My father tells me I am getting old. Now it is official!!

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Cant edit last post, sorry.

Wondering where stress plays a role in all of this for me with my medical stuff, so I will begin to use anti stress measures at home again. Aromatherapy and music are starters.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Getting old is not fun. Hang in there Sara - regardless of what role stress plays in our health, anything you can do to lower the reaction to stressful things is to your benefit. It's all about our reactions, I am learning....

Dawn - tornados - I don't know how you deal with that. I am afraid of plain old thunderstorms, and I guess most dogs and cats don't like storms at all. I'm going to go Google Lake of the Ozarks!

Waves to any lurkers and anyone who stops by later~~

Lana

246.4 today
    250 ATH
    185 Goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I survived! Hehe Fortunately, the rest of the storms missed us... thank goodness!
    Sara - yes, this is tornado alley...I have been very lucky to have never been touched by a tornado... hope it always stays that way...
    Lana - I'm terrified of tornados... thunderstorms are not my favorite, either...LOTO is really a beautiful place to live... it can be hazardous in the winter, crazy in the summer... but, I really love it here...I dread, every time I go home... only because it is so chaotic...I only go, because I love my family...

SO and I spent time this morning picking fresh, wild black raspberries in our backyard...we both really look forward to it, every year...the cobbler we make is so easy and yummy! We only are able to make 2, each year.. so, we enjoy every little bite... May not be the best choice... but, it's a once a year splurge, so I think it's worth it... plus, I get some exercise walking around the small bush...

It's a beautiful, sunny day... no storms in sight.. hopefully, it will stay that way...I am ready to be done with storm season!

Have a great day all...
    Check in later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Found all my cd's that I got when I did yoga.....

Quiche is done and I can freeze some of them, but they dont reheat well.

Finished Supervisor's baby hat - 2 colors of blue with a checkerboard pattern type band in the middle. I will take out the beige hat I dont like and make baby hats in beige with other colors in a checkerboard pattern, helps keep me awake.

Tomorrow is hard boiled eggs/baking potatoes - ATT store to add minutes to phone and get lunch out bringing leftovers for dinner.

Downton Abbey season 3 next up....

Wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, I typed those words and went :o weigh in!! Up .4 - just is. Considering my weekend I am proud that I did not use food to handle things.

One errand then buy lunch out to split to have for dinner.

Back for a little more sleep.

Not much on tap today which is nice. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good morning Sara and Dawn~~
    Love blackberries!
    Knitting plans sound good Sara~

Waves to Annie and Missy and all who stop by later~~

Tomorrow is a travel day, which means less-than-great food options. Balance--all about balance, so today and Wednesday will be nothing but 100% healthy choices.

The house in NC has no scale! It will be 15 days with a tape measure. I'm a daily weigher, so this only option is weird but interesting. Variety is good.

It's a bit wet out here in NYC, but I will go for a walk while I have the energy!

Lana

246.8 today
    250.0 ath
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day!
    No plans at all.. but, I'm ok with that... nice and sunny, which translates to crazy tourists drinking and reeking havoc on the Lake...they should all be packing up and heading home... then, life can go back to normal.. at least until Thur...

Lana - be safe in your travels... let us know when you arrive safe and sound

Waves to Sara, Missy, Annie.. and whoever else pops in!

Have a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9 am and the tree root grinding is starting. Better than 7 am...... they could also take the whole tree which would be all day.......

Lana -can you get extra walking in on travel days? Drink extra water? I am with Dawn - let us know you get there.

Will stop back in after errands.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I was busy for a couple days but glad to see you're still going strong.
    Iamunicoon - recipes stop boring from becoming a food binge - what did you find?

I got three books by Jamie Oliver. His recipes turned out really well for me in the past, so I figured he'd be a good place to start. Got the 15 minutes one, the clever saving one or what it's called and one with general cooking advice since I'm such a noob and often struggle with simple stuff like meat. There are some yummy things in there. Some aren't for me, though, because they either take so long to prepare they're basically for special occasions or because he uses a lot of ingredients that I know are common in the UK (especially all the Indian curry stuff) but not so easy to come by over here.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Red numbers today but not surprised, grilled cheese sandwich for lunch - twice a year is worth it.

Ordered salad to go they forgot the cornbread, but that was a blessing in disguise.

Lana - hope you had a good trip.

Wishing all a good night. Work tomorrow so I will start preparing early.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    iamunicoon- I love Jamie Oliver... never tried any of his recipes or seen his cookbooks...I need something simple, for sure...