Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

Dawn - Congratulations on completing your Week 1. Hurray! You can do all 8 weeks - I know it.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Anything that we can do to make food meal easier is a plus! I have bags of chopped onions and bell peppers in the freezer most of the time.

Dog is all nice and especially pretty (and smells nice) after her summer hair cut and shampoo.

Oatmeal for dinner. Just is.

Lana - hope you enjoyed your pool.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hi Sara -

I managed almost 45 minutes of mild paddling around, which is not bad.

Any chance of seeing a photo of Miss Tillie with her new summer hair cut? You are so lucky to have your doggie!
    Enjoy your evening~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Dawn - Congratulations on completing your Week 1. Hurray! You can do all 8 weeks - I know it.

Lana

Lana - thank you so much! Hoping the achy legs don't last much longer...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good news... Mom and Uncle are taking Gpa and Gma out for lunch for their anniversary, tomorrow! 62 years they're celebrating! So grateful he is able to celebrate this and he knows it is their anniversary. He also has been asking about me and remembers that I visited! I know, it's not a permanent thing, him remembering. But, any good day is amazing... they are a bit concerned about taking him back... he just wants to go home and may become combative... hoping it all goes well and he has a great day out...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - I hope that the anniversary celebration goes well~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- thank you very much..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Window open for awhile to air out.

Groceries and then make food for week. Eggs/sweet potatoes/black bean burgers. Still trying to figure out what to do with chicken, but could also freeze.

Dawn - Will you be going to the anniversary celebration? Nice that your mother/uncle are doing something. It is not uncommon for people to not want to go back to SNF's.

Will stop by later after errands. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning~~
    One eye open; second cup of coffee in hand. The sun is out again! Happy, happy.

*towel and bag are on favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I did not make it to Anniversary celebration.... sadly... Mom sent a really nice pic of Gma and Gpa.... he looked really good... just heard from Mom, and she said, it really well and he went back with no problem...he said, he felt like he just got out of prison... that makes me sad...glad it went well, tho... Will be visiting for Father's Day... maybe, we can get him out then, too...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Still not sure what to do with chicken. Chili and cheese on top of baked potato for dinner.

Black bean burgers in freezer, eggs boiled and peeled and sweet potatoes ready for week.

Setting up what I can so that first day of work week is easier.

Did not get nap, so it may be an early evening.

Bringing Miss T to Lana's Palm Tree later.....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - I can't find the right words, and not sound bad, to say what I want to say, but I'll just say I understand about your grandfather. After my mother died, we went through very similar stuff with my father. It is heartbreaking. Sending hugs to you~~

Sara - Did you figure out the chicken? .....not that I have any useful ideas.....can you hit your favorite recipe sites?

Time for an apple snack.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you... it is very heartbreaking...I'm just going to do my best to enjoy every minute I possibly can, while I can...whatever happens after, we'll just have to handle when the tune comes... hugs to you as well
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning! Stayed same on scale - still down 2.4 since March.

Chicken will probably be frozen to wait for new grill to break it in. I was too lazy to do anything with it last night.

Quick oatmeal on stove, so need to keep eye on it.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

Hi everyone, it was a busy weekend with beautiful weather. We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary and I felt like all I did was eat all weekend. Went for a swim at in-law's pool and boy did my swimsuit feel snug. I felt very "bulgy".

But today is a new day and a new week. I am officially starting two weeks of Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. So, meats and eggs, veggies, legumes, and lots of water for the next two weeks. Hoping to shed some water weight and see my tummy flatten out a bit. After two weeks, probably will transition to Phase 2 where you add in a few fruits and whole-grains. We will see. Hoping my withdrawal from caffeine and sugar won't be too bad. :)

I'd better to catch-up on posts from the last couple of days.

Sara - congrats on your loss since March!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waving to Annie~~
    Happy anniversary!
    Good luck with the South Beach Diet. Years ago I looked at it, and it seems like a do-able plan. Even though it spells out what you eat or don't eat, I remember thinking it was reasonable.

Sara - Congratulations on holding that new, good mark!
    I forgot about your new grill. Which model did you decide on? I would like to hear more about it as you break it in, so please keep us posted. I have never had one, but maybe it's time!

Waving to all who come later~~

New folks and lurkers welcome to pop by and say hello~~

BBL
    Lana
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Checking in real quick. It's a public holiday here and I'm using it to catch up with chores. Did dishes, laundry, kitty litter...also getting snacks ready for tomorrow. Otherwise just chilling on the couch.

I've been eating too much junk lately. Stayed within my cals but I'm still up a pound, probably due to sodium. Gonna be better this week.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie- Happy Anniversary! Even though your swim suit was snug, you got into it, and got some exercise while wearing it! Good luck with SB diet... hope it goes well!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Annie - Happy Anniversary! I know people who have had success with South Beach - hope it works well for you.

I have the ambition of a snail after work, so frozen dinner it is......

Heard my new supervisor really liked the baby hats I am knitting and it was recommended I make her one. I showed the yarn I had to another supervisor ( the elf who told me to make her one), so the hat will be simple to show off the multi color yarn. Found out another coworker is pregnant, I have a blanket ready and will sew in ends to give to her tomorrow ....

Feels like I am living on fumes, so I will take Miss T to Lana's Palm Tree and wait for the foot/paw massages.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Just got bill for ER visit a couple of weeks ago = my part was $50.00 - total bill was $30K. CT scans mainly. I still have the ambulance to pay for and the eye visit from last weekend, but just glad I have good insurance.