Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Yes! Yesterday was a good day for eating. I stuck with it and resisted temptations at home. Weather prevented walking (thunderstorms). The next few days are hot and humid. May walk outside - may have to resort to treadmill. I really need to get moving more. Massage therapist ordered me to do planks to increase core strength and protect my back and hips. I started last night. Planning for another good day today.

It was a great morning as kids are off of school now so I only had to get me ready and out the door today. What a treat!

Dawn - I have been struggling with eye allergies for months now. Currently using Zaditor eye drops twice per day. Also taking 1/2 a Zyrtec in the morning and 1/2 a Zyrtec in the evening. Using Systane artificial tears as needed through the day. I put in a request to my doctor yesterday to see if I can try Pataday eye drops instead. But now insurance won't cover that until I try Patanol first. Waiting to hear from doctor...but I can understand allergies being horrible!

Lana - I often think of ordering groceries but don't want the extra expense and also like to choose my own fresh fruits/veggies and meats. Although I did a bad job last weekend as my brussels sprouts last night seemed to have mold or something on them. :( So, it was fresh green beans for supper with our marinated chicken and steak on the grill.

Speaking of fresh veggies - we may have to check out the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning!

Have a great day!
    Annie
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Glad to find others dealing with "serial starting." Last time I lost 46 pounds. Unfortunately, a portion of that has found me again. I want to get back into the swing of things with eating healthy, getting moving more, etc. and lose it again for good!
    ASalner wrote: »
    Thursday

Dawn - I have been struggling with eye allergies for months now. Currently using Zaditor eye drops twice per day. Also taking 1/2 a Zyrtec in the morning and 1/2 a Zyrtec in the evening. Using Systane artificial tears as needed through the day. I put in a request to my doctor yesterday to see if I can try Pataday eye drops instead. But now insurance won't cover that until I try Patanol first. Waiting to hear from doctor...but I can understand allergies being horrible!

Annie - what are those allergy eye drops? I may have to ask my dr about them. Allergies are worse this year than any other!

Thanks!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Does everyone have treadmills? Or what do you do when you cant go outside to walk/jog/run?
    (no room for a treadmill in our tiny house)
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sara - Yes, Kathy is right. :) "Veggie" is used liberately and just means vegetarian here. I like those made of veggies but these ones in particular are made from milk and I swear, I can't tell the difference between them and chicken.

However, I changed plans because they had these amazing burritos at the grocery store so I had one of those and a huge salad with cottage cheese. Yum. Still got a lot of salad left over for later.

hickchic67 - I don't have room for a treadmill either. My problem is motivating myself if I work out at home but when I used to do it, I found that the workout videos by Jillian Michaels were really good.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - chicken sides were nothing exciting... potato and corn... all I had on hand... chicken was baked... was all yummy :)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - not only do I have all the regular allergies...hayfever, pollen, whatever is in the air...I also seem to have developed an issue with cat dander... and, my wonderful boss (haha) has put me back to working with cats... so, I am miserable...I don't have insurance, so can only buy OTC drops... and, because I wear contacts, options are limited...I take Zyrtec... but, I'm really not sure if it helps much... sometimes, I take Claratin.... it helps even less... I've had friends tell me to use nasal spray...I just can't do it... not a fan of anything going up my nose... so, guess I suffer... blah
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lasagna in oven from freezer.

Boss loved her hat - I had to ask her to close her eyes as the surprise element was not going to happen - seems she snowboards and the hat was perfect.

Dawn, do you use a humidifier at home? I have a small one at my desk at work as well. Grandmother had a humidifier that she used in the winter when it was so dry and it was the old fashioned kind. Portable ones are available at Walmart/Walgreens/Target and are usually under $50.00 - use in bedroom area mainly.

Lana - guy who delivered groceries - cb material?? If you only knew what I dont see in cb material.... so sad.

Need to go feed dog, oops. Will bring her to Lana's house after dinner so we can watch the water polo match the cboys have planned in Lana's pool.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I do not use a humidifier...I do sleep with window open and fan on... not sure if that is a help or hindrance...

Water Polo and CBoys..I'm in!

Week 2 complete... thought it was supposed to start getting easier... definitely not any easier, waking up or moving... Week 3 looks to be even more challenging... up to 3 min of running at a time..I am not a runner... but, I am moving and that's the important thing...

Very tired... Will check in, tomorrow...
    Have a great night...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FRIDAY -

Good morning TGIF!!

My monthly fruit/veg box is awol again. Too early to wander around. Just emailed company to ask if their delivery policies have changed as I am not willing to chase around to find my box every month.

Cafe Chinese salad for lunch.

Dog is done and oatmeal on stove. Will try and get a little more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- maybe that's all part of being healthy... you get exercise by walking to find food... sounds like a strange game... hope you find it, soon and everything is still fresh!

Only walking this morning...I could start week 3... just not quite ready...

Hoping today is better than the last 2..
    Have a great day all...
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Yesterday was pretty good until supper. DD earned her green belt in tae kwon do (she tested on Monday night but couldn't break her board, so she had to try again last night.) It took her 5 tries but she got it done! She asked to go to Dairy Queen for supper. So, DH and I split a chicken strip basket. I stayed out of the fries but I did eat a 1/2 piece of toast. And I had ice cream. :( I did get in a 2 mile walk last night, so that was good.

Back on track today. Leftover chicken for lunch. Will have to scare up some veggies to go with that. Planning a grilled burger (no bun) and veggies for supper. Hoping for another walk before the heat really gets bad this weekend.

Doctor prescribed the Patanol drops and I started them last night. They are twice per day, every 6-8 hours. So far, so good. I do think my eyes feel and look a little less irritated. Keeping my fingers crossed! Still taking the Zyrtec, as well, but toying with the idea of quitting the Singulair when the bottle runs out. I'm not convinced it is doing anything. The doctor just wanted me to try it and make my own call. I have read that Singulair can cause weight gain or at least prevent weight loss. Another reason I'm interested in dumping it.

Haven't braved the scale in awhile. Will probably do so tomorrow morning.

Better get some work done. Will lurk from work!

Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Box was at office, and it was the only one (last time 4 other boxes were there and many complained) - so if I dont say anything how would they know??

Taking some of the fresh ginger to work. Summer squash on tap for new grill with chicken.....when the grill comes.
  • hickchic67
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FRIDAY -

Dog is done and oatmeal on stove. Will try and get a little more sleep.

Wow. I need more sleep or something. I initially read that sentence as "dog was done on stove" ACK! :o

Immediate thought was "do not exchange recipes with this person!" hahahaha :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    hickchic - I have threatened my dog to give her to the Asian place down the road but not for a long time.

Have an artichoke in fruit/veg box so I can use the "heart" for pizza this weekend with canadian bacon and chicken.

At work bbl.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Good morning all~~

Sara - the delivery man is a nice retiree, so sadly, not Cabana Boy candidate. :open_mouth:
    The Pool Boys, however, definitely could be. I am too bashful to find an excuse to take their photos, though. You will have to find some--California is known for good-looking young men, right?

Waving to Annie and Kathy and Dawn and HickChick, and all who stop by later on.

Lana
    *Turquoise towel and sunglasses on favorite lounge chair for Happy Hour at 5PM*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    tvtgnmepmk8l.jpeg

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Not interested in making dinner so oatmeal it is.

Saw weather report and almost 100 by next weekend. Got ginger root in fruit/veg box so maybe some ginger lemonade?

Will be under palm tree with Miss Tillie later.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - congrats to DD! Sounds like you didn't do terrible...I would take ice cream over fries, any day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog is done and I will see about a little more sleep.

Making ginger/ lemon ice cubes for this upcoming heat wave. Dont have a pitcher, so ice cubes can be done one glass at a time. Went online and got the most recent "contact us" email for the fruit/veg people - if I dont hear from them then a phone call. (Ginger and lemon were in my fruit/veg box)

Friend from work has a 5 hour exam today to become a medical coder. I had the training but I just didnt see myself doing that long term as it was a little "over my head" -

Typical errands today - nap also on list.

Annie - missed your post - YAY!! for your DD and french fries have lost their magic since I changed my eating habits, so I would have taken ice cream as well.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Heat wave. Just the thought of it is wilting. Your ginger/lemon ice cubes sound yummy and smart!

Yesterday I saw an 18-inch copperhead snake out in my yard on the walkway. First time in 9 years here.
    Now I'm a little freaked out and want to stay in the house today. Copperheads' first line of defense is to attack. They don't cut you a break, I'm told.
    Makes me look forward to going back to stinky, ugly, dirty Manhattan because I know there are no snakes there.

Scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese for breakfast/brunch.
    Scallops and veggies for dinner?

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana