Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    All my errands done, toes a bright purple. Have no clue what to eat for dinner. May be an oatmeal kind of evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    iamunicoon-I didn't make it the full 3 minutes...I pushed it as long as I could... but, definitely wasn't the full 3 minutes...I'm trying... just so hard for me... just not a runner...

Congrats on the loss! It all adds up in the end...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - I have tried, twice, to do a plank challenge..I get to about day 6 and I'm all done..I'm not great at it, but try... keep thinking I'll start while I'm doing C25K... just keep putting it off... have fun camping... haven't done that for a long time... used to love it when I was a kid...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    Peep

Will post tomorrow
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Waves Lana! Good peeping
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Dawn - I wouldn't even be able to last three seconds at this point, so I'm still impressed.

Lost another pound, hooray!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, as our security guard at work calls it "FRIDAY EVE"....

Kathy - yay!! keep up the good work.

Dawn, my asthma issues and running is out of the question - so you are doing better than me with the running.

Lana - thank you for peep ing last night. I know you had a long day.

Annie- keep up your planking, stick to it. Your back will thank you.

Really short hair yesterday - but the near 100 temps are around the corner. Knitted a chemo therapy hat for coworkers project and read a romance novel (there was short nap in there too....) , take advantage of day off and did laundry.

Oatmeal is done and so is brain - wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • lisasayzhi
    lisasayzhi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me. Monday-Wednesday went wonderfully - I worked out each day, tracked my food and water, and met all of my goals for each day. It is difficult getting used to eating an appropriate amount of food each day. I find myself going to bed early each night, in part to avoid getting any cravings. Late evening snacking is my worst trigger.

One thing I am doing differently is working out in the afternoon before dinner, rather than early in the morning as I have always done in the past. I think it will be helpful because I typically stay on track for breakfast and lunch, and slide off track at dinner and after. Working out gives me a targeted boost in motivation (hate to overeat and ruin what I JUST did working out) and makes me so tired that I want to go to bed early.

Someone asked about my workout routine... I am working out 5 days a week, weights and 30 minutes of cardio on 3 alternating days, and 45 minutes of cardio the other two days. This is just my starting point, but I have room to increase the intensity of my workouts, length of my workouts, and number of workouts each week when I am ready.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Ya'll,

I'm definitely a serial starter. and I've never committed more than 3 weeks. I'm currently at my personal best at sticking to it for 2 1/2 months and have lost 27 pounds :D I've hit my breaking point 3 times but instead of giving up (my usual) I restarted what I was doing so I'm just using those 3 breaks as pauses and have continued moving forward.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Not a good week in my household. Really, really bad week actually. But amazingly no stress eating. Guess that is the silver lining in all this. This time stress has me nauseous so eating is last thing I want to do.
    I am still logging in and tracking stuff though. I need to stay in that habit!
    But now MFP is chastising me for not eating enough - oh, the irony! LOL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67- sorry for the bad week and nausea..I know that feeling all too well... it is a plus that yer not eating your emotions...I get chastised often, too... tomorrow's another day... it will get better... stay strong
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well... that was not the end of the day I was expecting...I got fired... wow...I don't know what to say...I'm angry and hurt... leaving the animals is not easy...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dawn - okay that does stink, not having a job - but having heard about your boss..... you are better off in the long run. Spend tonight doing nice things for yourself - hot bath/shower, favorite movie. Take a day off or start Monday - start calling your friends and ask if they can think of anyone who might be hiring?

Ooops - you could walk your dogs longer until your next job.....running is optional. I dont mean to make light of your job loss, just trying to spin it as best I can. Oh yeah!!! Cboy care package going to Dawn - they can be very distracting - what eye candy. The package includes the "I am perfect for the job" roll on/spray attachment in box. See a smaller item - that is the " I am so glad I am away from my last job" wand to wave/gesture in the direction of last job.

Let us know how we can assist - okay?

I am seeing oatmeal for dinner. Lunch was a disaster - we had an hour lunch and some people stood in line for 50 minutes to get their food. My vegetarian burrito was grilled onion/ a little green pepper and mushrooms - I was like ??????? I should have taken the hit and gotten the nachos - live and learn.

Lana - are we going to get a peep today? Miss Tillie feels neglected so I am letting her sit with you under the Palm Tree - Cboys cocktail making tryouts tonight - definitely a must attend event.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    j7irh8bd201x.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    0w0oatgsy5nh.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    tj9qul00bcnp.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    enough for one night.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday night

Dawn - I'm so sorry to hear about your job! But I firmly believe when God closes a door, he opens another. You will find a much better position very soon! Take care of you!

I find I have really fallen into a trap of eating sweets at work. No more trips to the gas station for me! I do fine at home where we don't have much for sweets but I keep buying things for work thinking "I'll only eat a couple...." And you know how that goes!

Got in a 2 mile walk tonight although I was tired. TOM is here and I have been pretty puffy for a couple of days in spite of all the water I drink and the cucumbers I eat for snacks. I also eat pretty low-sodium. I do come by it honestly as I know my mom and grandma are both good water-retainers. Right now I think TOM and warmer temps are causing some of it. I don't like my sandals or socks leaving lines in my ankles or my rings feeling tight!

Keep thinking I should really get in for my fasting blood draw to get my cholesterol, glucose and thyroid levels. It's possible some of my lack of energy, eye issues, and puffiness are thyroid related. But it's also possible it's just perimenopause or just my age. I don't know why I keep avoiding the blood draw. Just nervous about results, I guess.

Time to put my feet up and relax! Have a good evening!

Annie

• arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you very much Sara and Annie.. this is so hard. I went to a coworkers and was discussing what had happened. Apparently, after I left, he told her to talk to me and "feel me out" as if I might come back. I am not begging for my job..I hate leaving the animals...that place is so unhealthy, tho..no matter what decision I make, someone's going to get hurt...I have already filed for Unemployment and have been job hunting for awhile... guess I'll just see what tomorrow brings...