Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Dang - I already caved on the pop and sweets today. Such weakling!

Lana - I need to take direction from you. I need to do a ONE WEEK only approved foods challenge.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Called fruit/veg delivery to explain my not getting items on doorstep. I described how to find my place. I leave it to them to see what happens.....

Pita bread pizza in toaster - had artichoke put heart on pizza with cooked ham. Too much powdered garlic but oh well my diet can be a bit bland.

Annie - for someone who went without pop for Lent - I have to ask, what stopped you from saying no? You are not a weakling, so stop that. What would you do next time?

I told a former coworker we have job openings, cant do much else as she has to apply.....

Will be with Lana under the Palm Tree going over the Tony Award list to see if she agreed with any of them. Foot massages and brushing for Miss Tillie are waiting.

Wishing all a good night.
  • williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    lol I'm a serial starter, ugh. Definitely sucks. :( Want to shed about 20 lbs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    William - welcome - stop by when you can.

What will be the first thing you do to "shed about 20 pounds" ?
  • SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial starter as well. Seven years ago, I signed up for WW and lost 65 pounds in a year and a half. Well, life happened, finances tanked, I had to stop WW and ended up gaining back 47 of those 65 pounds.

This past January, I rejoined WW and lost almost 24 pounds. I decided to give MFP another try, (3rd) since it's free, but I've gained three pounds. I'm not giving up though! I know I can do this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning. Dog up and fed and oatmeal all bowled up and waiting.

SaraD - welcome! WW is a great program, finding a meeting to go to is key and then there is $$$.... Jealous of coworker who is doing it. FB group from WW boards reminded me - ANY program is as good as you use it. So you get out of it what you put into it. Stop by and post when you can.

Lana - how is your week going? Check in please.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Morning.. not feeling the walk/ run program at all..I am going to walk.. just might not run when it tells me to...3 min is just too much for me... but, I will keep moving...

Have a great day...
    Check in later...
    - Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, walking is better than sitting - you go girl and do what you can!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies~~

Busy here doing some cleaning and packing. Got in my pool exercise late yesterday. Food was all good. Except for first day (water too cold), I have worked out in pool every single day I've been here!

Breakfast is tracked. Grilled zucchini and ham for lunch; all leftover veggies & leftover burger no bun for dinner.

BBL

Lana
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Busy day today so tired but managed to stay on track.
    Nice to see your posts. Hope you're all ok.
  • williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    William - welcome - stop by when you can.

What will be the first thing you do to "shed about 20 pounds" ?

Already am weighing and logging my food. Just doing what I have done in the past that gave me success. :smiley:

I'm a serial starter in the sense I have lost weight more than once but gained it back.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Waiting for a late phone call - had dinner while waiting and knitted enough today, so I post.

William - Logging food is so simple but it takes guts to admit what we eat. Keep up the good work.

Shonat - Staying on track is hardest when we are tired - good for you.

Dawn - how did your exercise go?

Lana - I have gotten real snobby about hamburgers - I will take off bun for the empty calories and get cheese instead.

Dental visit - picked up new night guard - wow what a difference. Have a month follow up to see if there needs any adjustments.

Will be under Lana's Palm Tree with Miss Tillie - getting warmer so maybe some cold drink classes for the cboys?

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I pushed myself...I didn't run the full 3 minutes... but, I did jog at least 90 sec x2...(2 sets of 90 sec, 2 sets of 3 min... walking in between) the dog did better..hahaha... she's so full of energy...we run/ walk 30 minutes and she's ready to keep going... wish I could be like that.. especially 6:30 in the am... :D

Definitely going to have to rethink my running attire... it was 75° this morning... and, not supposed to be any better rest of week... although, they are calling for rain...

No thoughts on dinner at all...
    Blah
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I have realized, I am losing and gaining the same 3- 5lbs... over and over... and over...I am ok, at this weight... not comfortable, but ok...I am going to continue logging, walking, trying to make good food choices. But, I am not going to beat myself up over these few pounds...I am 15lbs lower than I have been for many years... yes, I would love to lose those last 10lbs... I'm not giving up... I'm just going to be happy with me
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Morning all!(or afternoon /evening depending on where you are).
    I'm recovering from recent surgery and am tired after a busy day yesterday but feel encouraged by your posts so thank you all.
    Tillysmom - you seem to be really active on here . I think that's great!
    Hope you all have a good day and manage to stick to your goals.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Shonat - posting here is my "accountability" to my commitment to lose weight/be healthy. That and there are not many people at work I would discuss food with. Family has strange eating ideas so I dont even start that conversation with them.

New dental night guard is light years better than the one I have been using - former dentist >:) told me my original night guard was making my teeth crack. Grinding my teeth makes my teeth crack. What the dentist gave me made my jaw hurt and possibly damaged it. Current dentist o:) was angry when he heard why I had replaced the original. How are we to know what is right? Luckily I left former dentist for other reasons and I am just grateful. I tell people not to go there if they ask.

Enough about that - Dog is done and day is off. Hair and nail day. Will get lunch from work as it is nearby/my favorite / less expensive.

Auto / Rent Insurance rep tells me my rent insurance is going down as I have been such a good customer, payments on time/ no claims etc. This is the "money" is spend on myself at Christmas, coupons, buying what is on sale etc.

okay before I start writing essays...... will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Another 400g gone! It's slowed down now but a loss is a loss is a loss. :smiley:

Busy morning. Doc called me back because of my blood test. Something's off, something I have too little off, but we're doing a second test on Tuesday and I'm waiting for that to come through before I ask for details. Also, mom borrowed my car and it ended up with a little scratch. My poor little Bruce! Otherwise finally got my sinfully expensive Dyson and I feel a bit dirty now, like...I've actually done an adult thing and bought a vacuum cleaner. Yuck!

Dawn - Wow, so you jogged for a full three minutes, plus the walking in between. That's a amazing!

Sara - Your dentist reminds me of my former GP. No matter why you'd go there, she'd always recommend you take some expensive food supplements which did more harm than good. Glad you found a new and better dentist now.
  • lisasayzhi
    lisasayzhi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope it's okay if I join you all. I am absolutely a "serial starter". Have been on again/off again for about 16 years... wow. I have tried every program out there, but never fully committed myself. I "started" again this weekend when my weight reached an all time high. I am going to lose 75 pounds. I am a teacher so I am going to use the summer to get a workout routine going. I am transferring to a school close to my home for the next school year, which will save me 2 hours a day in driving, so I will use that time to continue my workout routine when August comes. I am so excited to find an active group on MFP!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lisa- welcome! what kind of work out routine are you thinking of? Stop by and post when you can.

Oatmeal is done and my "to do" list is waiting, will stop by when it is done.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Didn't make it here yesterday other than to peek at the posts. Looks like many of you are doing well! And welcome to all of the new people!

Eating was pretty good yesterday and DH and I took the dog for a 2 mile walk last night. It wasn't the fastest pace as it was hot and humid (and when it's humid, I feel like I can't breathe). But at least we were moving and not sitting on the couch at home. :) Started doing planks again at massage therapists suggestion to help core strength and therefore hopefully protect my back from tweaking. Managed a 40 sec plank last night. Slowly inching up in time and then planning to do multiple per day.

Have been slack on my tracking and must get back to it.

Dawn - I have also been playing around with the same few lbs for months! It's like "I'm okay" here but not really happy. Would also like to lose 10 more lbs but not committing to "keeping my hand out of the cookie jar" and getting the exercise I need.

DS did get a part in that show, but then declined it. He was not comfortable with the role and wasn't really sure he wanted to do the show. He does struggle with thinking he wants to do something but then has trouble committing. I usually force him to follow through and he ends up having a good time, but I was more understanding this time because he really wasn't comfortable with the role. I really wasn't comfortable with it, either.

Wishing it was Friday already! I feel like this week is dragging by. We leave on Sunday afternoon for a few days of camping, so I should start thinking about what to bring, groceries, etc.

Better get some work done. Will CBL!

Annie