<3 hello all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Welcome Butterfly.

Dog is not inhaling her food like she normally does. I am wondering if she wants to eat grass.....She did eat her liverwurst (medicine), so that is a relief.

Last day for week to have windows open, so for a little while I wait to help cool off a little.

Dawn -Someone on FB posted the electrical storm that went through NE last night. :o Hope you are okay.

One errand and then in house for day. Will see if I can get some sleep.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning....

Welcome to new folks!

Good morning Sara. Excellent advice to Dawn about the keeping track of unemployment/job-seeking activities.

Dawn - if you need to write a lot here, then write a lot. We are all here for each other.
    Tomorrow imagine all of us standing behind you in the exit interview.
    Go about it slowly, bring a pad of paper to write on to take notes.
    IMPORTANT: the pad is only for you to doodle on after you are asked a question, to maybe write down the question asked - but the real reason is to give yourself time to consider a good-quality, short, simple response.

I am suspicious about this exit interview. Why would a place that is run so poorly and lacks so much have something as formal as an exit interview? This time must be for their benefit/insurance/human resources blah blah only.

BBL
    Lana

247.0 today
    250.0 ATH
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lana - your notes to Dawn are spot on - I looked back and reread - Dawn asked for the exit interview. But I love the notepad and how to best use it.

Dawn - I will be the one standing behind you making faces at the interview people, so I may have to contain myself.

Chicken salad at deli only thing not as loaded with mayo as the macaroni and potato salad - bbq stuff for father's day took up most of the stuff. So cut fruit/ stick cheddar cheese/ thin rice cakes and chicken salad for dinners.....

Doing load of laundry to let dry outside. Windows open for a little while longer. Will put eggs on to boil and bake sweet potatoes before it gets too hot.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Just stopping in to say hello. All packed up and heading out soon. So much work to go camping but it is fun. Good memories as a kid and hoping I'm helping make good memories for my kids.

Hoping I don't come back 100 lbs heavier! Yesterday, not such a good day. And then kids and I baked muffins for DH for Father's Day. Carbs! Sigh!

Make it a great day!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - I will probably chuckle outloud, thinking of you making faces... the more I think about tomorrow, the more I start freaking...I'm thankful that I asked Board Member to be with me...I want boss to tell me, in front of her, why he fired me and didn't give me a review/ raise. Super curious to what lies will fall outta his mouth, to make him look better and me look like the bad guy...I'm hoping, I will be in and out...

Lana - Sara is right, I did request the Interview... boss texted co-worker to contact me to return work keys... he's only replied to my emails about Interview... he's very professional...I have already made Board Member aware of these issues...

Gpa came home for a few hours. He was so happy to be there... he did very good and went back with no trouble.. so thankful for that...

Sara - almost forgot, we had heavy rain and high winds.. no electrical storm, here..we were pretty fortunate... even compared to places other side of town... lots of places without power, we never were..

I keep thinking about job interviews, starting a new job... so many things I am worried about...I have not been on an Interview in 10 years (didn't have to Interview at shelter) ... so afraid, I am not going to be what anyone is looking for...No self esteem here...

Well, getting ready to head home... probably won't be back till tomorrow... fingers crossed I don't punch boss in face...haha

Good evening all...
    Thanks for happy thoughts
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - I was told once to think of an interview as a conversation - you also need to know things (hours of work, job duties etc). For any job make sure you have questions to ask as well.

Fell asleep for short nap watching Christmas programs - its 105 and sometimes its the only way to get around the heat.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Food report: I had a decent salad with chicken breast in it for protein. I went overboard with the olive oil. Boy, do I love olive oil. I tracked in my before-bedtime Cheerios, and I am in the red today by only 68 calories. That is very good for me.

Will see you all tomorrow---looking forward to hearing from Dawn. No punching!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning weight up again - heat?? Still not at March high.

Dental guard took a very small piece of inside of mouth with it last night- phone call to dentist to see what needs to be done. Luckily the damage is small (not noticeable) and probably happens, but an adjustment is needed. If it is 107 outside imagine how hot it is in cars and an afternoon apt will be blistering...... Luckily I have my old night guard.

Oatmeal is on. New lunch bag fits all my new stuff so that was a good deal.

Dawn - let us know how today went.

Wave to all who follow will lurk from work.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies , just wanted to say hi and hope you're all doing ok. You seem to know each other really well - it's nice to see how much you support each other .
    Good luck to amiedog with the interview!
    I had a nice but naughty weekend foodwise and am not exactly making up for it today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back on track!
    Have a good day .
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Short dog walk - wait until Miss T finds out she will be in bedroom (with water and a/c) all day - maintenance asked that dogs be in a "secure" place while they do some things . Turned a/c down to 81. Normally the maintenance staff are my dogs best friend but the work they are doing - a dog underfoot is not good.

Will see when I can get dental apt and if it is in afternoon - see if neighbor who drives for uber can take me my a/c in my car is pointless in this heat.

Shonat - Lana, Annie and I met on WW and Dawn joined our board here as did Missy.

Stay cool I will be drinking extra liquid (even if it is milk).
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes, Shonat, this thread/group used to be over on the Weight Watchers Community Boards until WW decided to dispense with that open forum. We are from all across the country--California, New York, New England, Minnesota, Missouri.

We chatter a lot about our personal lives as well as our weight loss challenges, so we know each other fairly well! Where do you live? You are welcome to chatter along with us, as is anyone who happens to stop by.

Everyone keep sipping on your water all day. Stay as cool as possible.

Lana

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later, waiting especially for Dawn*

245.6 today
    250.0 highest ever
    185.0 goal
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm Scottish but living in France. It's really hot here just now so keeping cool and drinking lots.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi all! Well... after all my stressing, I decided not to do Interview... the thought of even seeing the boss, made me sick...I knew he would just spout lies. I did, however, send an email to him and Board Member asking why I didn't get review/ raise and why I was terminated. No reply, surprise...haha..he won't reply... so professional

I was productive, today...I applied at Vet office and, at Independent Living Facility...I was offered job at IL... nights... but, at this point, I'm willing to take it... it's a very nice place...the residents take care of themselves...I would do laundry, cooking, and light cleaning...12 rm facility, only 9 residents at this time..I met a few and they are really nice... have to do physical and TB test, can start next week... Will discuss more with SO this evening... Will be hard, not being here at night...

No food, today... was getting appetite back when I was visiting family... today, was just stressed...

Will check in later....
    Waves to everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - at work so short note - when you say nights what is the shift and is it full time with benefits?

102 and not the hot part of day - have a dentist apt Thursday morning to fix night guard - considering not wearing the new one and using the old one, we shall see.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    shonat11 wrote: »
    I'm Scottish but living in France. It's really hot here just now so keeping cool and drinking lots.

Shona - Oh I am jealous of your living in France! Where in France? Stay cool dear~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn!!!
    Wow - sounds good about skipping that exit interview, especially what you wrote about your boss. Blech.
    --will be waiting to hear about what SO thinks of situation. Hang in there, and please do eat something--even just some Cheerios and milk.

Sara - I meant to write before about the night guard. I've had a couple, and they are great, and I've had my share of little fixable problems with them, but I've never hurt the inside of my mouth when using it. Glad to hear you have an appointment soon. I would use my old guard in the meantime; you don't need another injury, especially in the same place where it's hurt now.

How did Tillie do with the bedroom confinement while her maintenance men were there?

I tracked everything in MFP today. Third or fourth day in a row. I am on a roll!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Miss Tillie handled her confinement after she barked attitude at me while I walked away within earshot of the bedroom. She made sure she spent time in her "space" while I ate dinner.....

Lana - will not wear new night guard until it is fixed. Will see if old one can work. Great job on tracking. Amazing what /how much we can sneak in otherwise.

Brought my new water bottle home and drank extra 21 oz of water....

Hope to stop by before lights out.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    AAAAAHHHHH! I wrote a nice long post, moved, lost it all...Grrrr

Sara - nights means 11:00pm- 7:00am...

Lana - SO is ok... for now...

Second guessing my decision..I think I will be ok... just would feel better working days..Admin said, if a position comes open, I'll be first in line...

I did eat... Cheez It's... brownie.. homemade baked chicken wings... coulda been much better...

Before I lose this again, I am going to cut this short, right here...

Have a great night...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay no night guard tonight - too close to bruised area - I may just have to not wear one for a couple of days.....

Dawn - sounds like the new job has good potential - you can still have time with SO.

Burning pine scented wax to feel like I am in a cooler place.

Wishing all a good night.