Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Hickchic - I loved Dawn's response. The cboys eye candy are superstars of house cleaning gardening and all the stuff we would rather not do....

I think the online temperature is lying to me - they say cooler tomorrow and I just hope so.

Boss brought in muffins/ doughnuts- shot my day with calories already so I cut this massive raisin / bran muffin into 4 pieces wrapped it and put in freezer - pre WW I would have eating it whole before I even got home. We do remember good habits sometimes.

Dawn - details you know we like details on how tomorrow at the thrift store goes.

Lana - considering what year you have to even start PT is a huge success story!! I agree with posted comments, the PT people are on the ball and although the exercise seems "stupid" they start you out small and then work up to harder exercises ( you will wish you were doing the "stupid" ones).

Dinner is rice cakes with cheese and peanut butter.

Miss T is hiding in closet - may be the coolest place...??

Dentist said he rounded off the edge of night guard but could not find anything. He suggested I use petroleum jelly on guard/ inside of mouth to see if that helps. I had extra time and bought before I went back to work. I was not going anywhere in this heat.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I will definitely share details about tomorrow. I was asked tonight if I would be an Advisor on the Board...I agreed... now that I don't have to worry about people saying I'm a "Snitch" (apparently, I'm a gangster in the '20's?) I can openly help with this Rescue... their Board is 100% for what is best for the animals... unlike others that I won't mention..
    Hope you didn't melt, today...108 is miserable... not near as hot here, today... thankfully... just very, very stuffy... and, that can be just as miserable...

Baked pork steak, New potatoes and green beans for dinner... very yummy... boiled some eggs, today... made egg salad and kept a couple eggs, just to snack on...

Watching mindless TV... summer shows are pointless...

Will try to check in later...
    Have a good evening
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hi All,
    Just checking back in this evening to help keep me making good choices.

Everyone have a good day tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Waves Lana! We're always here to help keep you on track! Hugs
  • Junebordner
    Junebordner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support and will cheer others on so feel free to add me...please
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Only 103 today - wow it was 108 yesterday so this will be a nice change.

June - consider yourself added- welcome! Stop by and post when you can.

Windows open even if the air quality is bad because it is just too stuffy in here. I can hear dogs stomach and she has not eaten yet, so I also opened the window to cool off for her.

TGIF!! Yippee! Night guard worked will with petroleum jelly. Lunch is up for grabs but the chili cheese hot dog with soda and chips is just too much of everything "wrong" , so I may do the chili/ baked potato.

Wave to all who follow. Wishing all cool drinks and shade. TGIF theme party under Lana's Palm Tree tonight - Lana you can pick the theme since you found the courage to put your best face on this week for your boss' retirement.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I'll be working on that theme soon~~ Thinking something very cool.......maybe Alaskan? Huskies bringing zero calorie Italian Ices, and other zero calorie blender drinks?

Rushing to get to doctor appointment.

I have to say I went off the rails the past two days: cookies on Wednesday and neighbor gave me ice cream yesterday. All it takes is sugar for my body to get all twisted up and put on the pounds, multiple!, and pack on water retention too. Darn it. More work to do AGAIN to get back down to 244-ish.

BBL

Lana

248.0 Today
    250.0 Highest
    185.0 Goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Since I got sick last week, I have lost 11 pounds. Not a diet plan I would recommend, however. I know as soon as I can start eating regularly again, scales will pop back up, especially since most was water weight.
    Dr had me start eating that BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce, toast) diet until my innards decide to cooperate. Before getting sick, I was avoiding rice and bread. Now its about the only thing I am eating. The irony!

Its a warm rainy day here today. The whole house seemed to smell like wet dog when I left and the inside of my car smelled like cat spray as I drove to work.

TTFN

Kathryn

158 today
    216 highest
    145 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dog eating grass again today and would not eat - hoping she eats tonight.

at work long week and frazzled - need to hide under desk
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    kathryn - ttfn? Brat diet works well. Also drink herbal tea - chamomille is a good one.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    TTFN = ta ta for now

have been drinking plain tea, will give chamomile a try

thanks!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Kathryn - You have amazing stats. I do hope you feel better very soon, and have a good weekend not spent in bed.

Sara - I hope you survive just today! Work sounds like bad chi. ......and then there's poor Tillie. Is it just the heat?

I went to cardiologist today; blood test results indicate going back on the cholesterol meds, at least until I can get some of this weight off. I had been worried about increased BP (side effect of anti-cancer med), but the BP was good!

The boys who live 2 floors above me just got a too-adorable King Charles Spaniel puppy named Charlie. I almost melted when I met him. As cute as can be. I hope someday I might get to babysit for him or walk him when he's bigger.

Ladies - I couldn't come up with a good Friday theme for Happy Hour, so it's just going to be a festive pot luck plus Cabana Boy foot massages, personal fanning, pillow fluffing, and plenty of other attention for whoever needs it!
    on3ofgj6l9mu.jpg
    *flopping onto favorite lounge chair to rest*

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Off the rails here, not sure why. Having trouble after my short camping trip.

Woke up with very achy neck/shoulders. I believe I slept funny but boy it doesn't want to relax. More ibuprofen on board now.

Spray tan tonight. Busy weekend. Ran shopping at lunch to a cute boutique - I saw a couple of things in their Friday morning video I wanted to try. Got skunked. Nothing fit right. Of course, not happy with my weight/size either.

Stressing about seeing girlfriends this weekend. Not sure what to wear. Temps will be lower than average. Don't want to dress too dressy. Want to be comfy but stylish. And not look too plump. GOALS!

In no mood to work but here I am. Better get back at it.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tillie is having allergies as well. We shall we when I get home if I can get her to eat something.

Nice picture thank you for posting. a/c in office is not working too well.....
  • ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where I should be posting/searching, but I thought I'd toss this up in this thread because the folks here seemed helpful. I'm just starting out here on this site (I did use it briefly a few years ago), but I am a serial starter in that I start/stop trying to get in better shape pretty frequently. I've always tried to go at it solo (my wife has been supportive, but not really participatory), and decided this tile I should try a more social approach. I'm remembering when my wife had our first son, she joined a group of women who were all becoming first time mothers around the same time - I call it the "Mommy Group". She got a lot of support & motivation from her Mommy Group and I was looking for something similar to help me along my way as well. Are there groups like this out here on myfitnesspal? If so, where can I find one?

Thanks
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Only got to 103 which means a cooling trend - dog ate her meds and I only got 1 wrong on my monthly audit. Phew!! What a relief - This puts me in good standing for potential bonuses....

Left oatmeal out all day - oops - will throw out, put pot in dishwasher and call it good.

ToothlessJoe - you are more than welcome here, we have had a couple of men stop by - there might be groups that are mainly men - if you want to join more than one - I just have never gone very far on these boards.

Frozen lasagna for dinner. Why hurt myself.

I thought I got a bill from the ambulance - may still - but it was a survey - these men did awesome so I will make sure they know.

Hope to stop by before lights out. Will be in Lana's picture with Miss Tillie - foot/paw massages and extra attention on tap..........
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - don't stress about the gathering with the girlfriends. Wear something dark or black + colored accessories?

Sara - Do you get to relax tomorrow? Congrats on good audit!

I am bored and cranky but too tired to do much of anything. Nothing on Netflix is appealing this evening. I have a narrow range.....

Sleep well everybody.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    qfx3oykoib6m.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    yktk6zq0xhxf.png
  • Tilliesmommy1