Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    on that note, I have an iced coffee with granola and a bbc dvd to watch.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Hehe...I wasn't expecting to start work... but, the sooner the better...I will fill in more, later... needless to say... because I wasn't expecting to start, I did not get enough sleep (yes, I still helped at thrift store) very long day/ night...
    I do need thoughts/ suggestions... days and nights are going to overlap, food wise... do I just count it all in one day, until I go to sleep... or, just go with normal daily changes?
    Ok, back to work.. not sure when I'll be back... haven't had a chance to read posts, yet... so, hope everyone is well and have a great weekend..

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, I would think whatever you eat in a 24 hour period. I was thinking about you and SO sharing breakfasts /dinners when you got off work - breakfast for dinner?? Steak and eggs? Breakfast casseroles/ Quiche.Wow that would be a long day.

Got up earlier than I thought I trusted my internal clock - just means I get to open the window earlier- cooler outside than inside for the first time in almost a week, so taking advantage.

Weight is up again - I am so glad I dont weigh daily, it would make me crazy. What comes up must come down.

Brain coming up empty for dinner ideas this week, but I will find something I am sure.

Normal errands and then home to share chair with dog. Wave to all who follow. BBL.

Found this one http://www.skinnytaste.com/asian-peanut-noodles-with-chicken/ and it serves 6 but if I make for 4 it will also work as a cold dish.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- SO has to be at work, when I get off... so, only meal we'll be sharing is dinner... it's gonna take some getting used to for sure... pups were so confused, as I got ready and left for work, last night...I'm sure, as soon as I left, they went and snuggled with Dad... night one almost done... thank goodness...I am one tired girl...
    Night was really cool here, as well... supposed to be in upper 50's! Hard to believe, almost end of June... but, will definitely take it!
    Well, almost time to get outta here... one night down... not so bad...a little odd, looking in on people while they're sleeping... but, safety is priority...
    Will check in later...
    Have a great Saturday!
    Waves to all
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Good morning Miss Sara, Miss Tillie, Miss Dawn and all of the Missouri Pups......

Waves to all who stop by later.

Dawn, you will find a good way to track. Do you use the MFP app? If so, just go with the 24 hour day they provide, but fill in your meals in a sequence custom-entered for your crazy schedule.
    The most important thing you can do is eat healthy and within reason, and don't let the new schedule cause you to go off program. ~~~~sending vibes of strength~~~~~~

*waving at Cabana Boy to bring more coffee......*

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    back from errands, had dog try new dog park in our complex - she did not understand the gravel or the astroturf so as soon as I found her grass, all was well ;) had to try and see if she could use it. As I was leaving a large dog in our complex was coming towards it and so I was glad we got it all to ourselves for a couple of minutes.

Lunch soon and then trying to find long dvd to play.

Dawn - at one point I worked in a mental health place where we had to do a "roll call" at night to make sure people were on the premises in their beds or on the property or sharing a bed with someone - a couple of the clients thanked me for checking in ( found out not every employee did this - even though it was mandated) because they had trouble falling asleep and it was a comfort for them to know someone "kept watch". So I can see with your client population why that is so important.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - yes, I use MFP app...I will use the 24 hr that's set... the whole schedule change is going to take some getting used to.. hopefully, I can get it all figured out, soon.. going to do my best to stay on track... hoping to get back to walking/ running...as soon as I can get morning schedule figured out with SO... sharing car, he has to be at work, when I get off...

Sara - I agree, checking in is wonderful... it's just different for me...I guess, it's really no different than a mom looking in on her sleeping children... they never even know I'm there... even one woman that stays up most of the night... she had no idea I looked in on her, she was reading...

Volunteering at thrift store was fun... they are very busy... customers buying and donating...I was even able to take some things that have been in my way, too long... makes me happy, when people know money goes to animals, they are more than happy to help... they are unable to shelter animals, yet.. so, all money goes to help people keep their pets at home, or if they are too ill, do what is best...as of yesterday, they have helped 103 animals, since November... that is so wonderful... those people, come to the store, donate or purchase items.. and, my friend remembers each person that they help ... she has always been great at remembering people...I'm so grateful they are there to help, and hopefully are able to get a shelter to help even more, soon.. can never have too many animal rescues...

SO should be home, soon... Will enjoy an easy dinner and, some time with him... work tonight and off tomorrow...

Have a good evening all...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara
    That is interesting both about the dog park and about the place where people were reassured that you looked in on them
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara
    That is interesting both about the dog park and about the place where people were reassured that you looked in on them

....oh how strange. There was more to my post (made on phone), but it did not come through. I did include some emojis. Maybe that caused it to go haywire.

Dawn - have a good overnight at work.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options

....oh how strange. There was more to my post (made on phone), but it did not come through. I did include some emojis. Maybe that caused it to go haywire.

isnt technology grand?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Windows open to cool off....

Groceries, dog to vet for her monthly apt and will pick up one of her meds and buy some treats. She is eating course #2 so things are doing well with her. She took so much of the room on the foot stool last night that my feet were almost off of it.....such is the life.

Lana I use the images on the computer- maybe the phone connection wont let you do faces??

Wave to all who follow. bbl
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - I am with Missy on this... emojis cut post... if I use the very few that MFP offers, it's good... if I use what phone offers, no good...

Annie - hope visit with girlfriends went amazing! Don't beat yourself up... I'm sure you looked fabulous and the girls still loved you...

Sara - hope Miss T is doing well... enjoy the slightly cooler weather... really loving the 53° here this morning... daytime not too terrible, either...

Tonight will be night off and I'm good with that... Will be kind of an odd week...2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 3 off...she's trying to figure out best way, as other night girl not working out so well... unreliable and not wanting to follow direction... she's young.. guess she doesn't feel it's necessary..I'm noticing that so much with people... especially the young... they bounce from job to job..I can't do that... hence 2 jobs in 10 years... don't care for change and don't like to learn new stuff..hehe

Well... night almost over... ready to curl up in bed with pups... yesterday, soon as I got in bed, it was play time... so confused...
    Everyone have a great Sunday!
    Will try to check in later...

(Yesterday was Day 200! Woo hoo for me)
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good morning Sara and Missy and Dawn~~

I'm up too early waiting for Fresh Direct grocery order to show up; I chose an ambitiously early delivery time slot.

All of you are right: it's the emojis. Sadly the MFP emojis do not have puppies and kitties. :'( How can I survive under such dire circumstances??? LOL

Regarding the other girl at work, Dawn, I blame the parenting of today. I was watching a mother with two little girls in Trader Joe's checkout line. I don't know what the two girls did to aggravate each other and start a little argument, but the mother (surely a well-educated professional woman) began talking to the two of them, disciplining them as if they were adults, and she kept repeating the same blah blah blah blah over and over again. I'm sure the two girls tuned it all out. Remember the adult voices in Peanuts cartoons?

My mother would have told us once, possibly grabbing one of us by the face and looking at us directly eye to eye. That fight between Donna and me would then be over immediately. Also, I remember my mother randomly choosing one of the two of us to take responsibility for ending the fight, regardless of who started it. It added a dimension to the situation--that we could have a choice to not continue a conflict even if we did not start it. It wasn't about blame, it was about stopping disruptive behavior. Early learning. Thanks Mom.

The girl at work does what she wants. There are no real consequences if she does not. A big shame for the residents of the home. Dawn you keep up your good work there!

~~~OK one of the Cabana Boys just told me he needs my soapbox to reach some flowers he is gathering for the brunch buffet table~~

Lana

today 246.2
    a.t.h. 250
    goal 185
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- you said it perfectly! It's like, either the parents try too hard, or they really don't care... so many kids are being raised by their grandparents, and they're so disrespectful.. my grandparents helped raise me, as both my parents worked... and, that is why I am the loving, caring person I am...I am so grateful they were there for me... kids are just spoiled and ungrateful... so sad

Hope you got your box of goodies and you didn't have to hunt them down as Sara does..

Get to enjoy the afternoon and night with SO and pups... they definitely don't like me leaving at night...SO is not a fan, either...hehe... he is doing better than I expected... was sure he would really be upset about night shift.. he told me, he's proud of me and that I am so strong...I truly don't feel strong... but, I am doing what I have to do...I do enjoy the job and don't have to deal with someone putting me down, every step of the way...

Have a good afternoon and evening...
    May check in later....
    Waves to all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Day half over. Not sure if I have the desire to make the asian peanut chicken salad today, I can make it tomorrow with any luck.

Dawn, you have a job where you can do your job, do it well and feel good about it.

Younger adults have been weaned on computers/TV / Cell phones which are what I call "techno crack". They do not know how to communicate face to face with people and job security is not important - I hear so many people younger saying "there wont be social security, why should I bother". They take no pride in doing a good job. I am hoping where I work to show a couple of the new younger employees what having a job for 5 years can do (think pension/ 401k) and why having good health insurance at work is important (they all want to have children).

Working on #10 hat for coworkers packages. Watching "the paradise" on Netflix.

We are almost on page 100 here - who would have thought?

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - Congrats on the tracking! You are doing great!

Dawn - Enjoy the SO and puppies this evening.

Sara - Wow--July 15th we will have been here one year, so yes to the 100 pages!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Up .8 this week. Things go up and things go down...... did not make hard boiled eggs last night. I was on strike in the kitchen yesterday - so 2 servings of cheese today. Might make things tonight after work.

My dog got extra hugs yesterday. Someone I know lost her elderly dog to a coyote (they live in places without fences at the edge of the woods.

Window open trying to cool things off a little.

Missy - sounds like your world has settled down enough to track and work out.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy- nights are truly kicking my butt, right now... staying up at work, is ok... but, yesterday, all I wanted to do was sleep...I felt like I was in a brain fog...SO asked for help with dinner..I could barely crawl outta bed...I feel so bad, I fell asleep at 7:00pm...I thought I would just take a nap...I woke up at 4:30am.. ugh...I know it takes some getting used to..I worked nights for 3 years... and, I remember, it was not the easiest... slept a lot...I'm a lot older than I was then... body just doesn't want to adjust...

Sara - so awful losing a pet that way...we don't have fences and surrounded by woods...I'm always worried about a hawk or something, swooping down and grabbing one of the dogs... I've heard all kinds of horror stories like that... so sad..

Well, trying to get a little cleaning done and, then some more sleep..not sure when I'll be back...
    Have a great day all!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn - good luck on adjusting your circadian rhythm. i know its tough. i am such a night owl, but when i tried to work nights - suddenly i was a morning person. ugh! just know all the changes wont happen overnight! (see what I did there?! :D )

Sara - sad to hear of your friends dog. we have a huge coyote population here and they run very close to our property. our neighborhood has lost several cats to coyotes. its always a painful loss. :'(

Missy - great job on tracking. i think i have actually done an entire week now! just need to get my butt moving more. we are too far out in the country to have a gym convenient enough to frequent. its too easy to put exercise on backburner when i am at home because there is always so much to do. :/

Finally starting to feel better and eat real food - well, a little more than the BRAT diet anyway.

Got a new mattress Saturday. First night, I almost thought mattress felt too firm. In the morning I woke up without back and shoulder pain - even after lugging around mattresses. Second night, slept more soundly than I have in a loooooong time. Strange how a mattress can make that much of a difference! :)

Totally agree with you on kids and the parenting issue! Have seen it so much at work - and just about everywhere else, to be honest. I am blessed with good kids. But they also knew there were boundaries and consequnces for their actions. Years back, when they were young teens, we were watching a news program on childhood obesity and the parents were saying they couldn't help it - they always had to get their kids <insert fast food brand here> because the kids whined and cried for it. Meanwhile, my kids were sitting there rolling their eyes and yelling at the tv "Who is the parent?" "You do whats right, not whats easy." "You reap what you sow." and I overhead them say "Parents today, sheesh!" So I guess maybe I did something right along the way... :)

TTFN - gotta have the Cboy finish the laundry & fluff my pillows.... ;)
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Congrats to almost a year online and hitting a hundred pages! Nice to know you guys are in it for the long haul!