Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to maintain? I've talked about this with a friend and we both say it's so much easier to be trying to lose than to be maintaining a certain weight therefore we start and restart all the time. It's annoying!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 - good one :D definitely doesn't happen overnight... it is amazing what difference a good mattress makes... and, it's so great to get a good sleep...
    Sounds like you did good with your kids... so rare these days...I used to get so upset with Ex' sister... she would make a special meal for her youngest, after she made dinner for the family... if I didn't eat what Mom made for dinner, I just didn't eat... that's the way it should be... otherwise, you end up with spoiled, ungrateful brats (for lack of a better word)
    Glad yer starting to feel better!

AliNouveau- welcome! Maintaining is tricky... that is one reason I am here...I have lost and regained all my weight, more times than I care to say... once I lose it, I convince myself that I can keep it off, with no help... next thing I know, I'm back to where I started... this is a great place to come for support and encouragement.. stop by when you can

More laundry done... time to fold, then rest more..

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

Swinging through quickly. Visit with friends was good - but not long enough, only about 5 hours. One friend brought her husband due to some other personal circumstances they had going on with her elderly mother. I like him, and he's nice to visit with, but it changes the dynamic. I felt a little sad and disappointed not to just get some girl time. I tried to look my best but still felt pretty chunky. One friend had WL surgery a few years ago and I almost feel like she looks too thin now. We went to lunch and she barely ate, even though she said she was hungry. I love her anyway but I don't think I could live like that.

I did find some motivation this weekend to say I need to start tracking my points faithfully and get my walks in. I know I'll eventually lose weight if I stay in my points and stay out of the sugar!

In exciting news, our drug dealer neighbor's house got raided this morning! My husband got home from DS's baseball practice this morning to a SWAT truck, ambulance, and sheriff parked at the neighbor's house. Looks like they kicked in the front door! He could see them take away the neighbor in the ambulance and then the cops continued to go through the house and garage collecting evidence. Before they left, one of the cops told my husband at the very least, both the neighbor and his girlfriend will have drug charges against them. But I'm hoping they can get him for intent to distribute. The situation there is that the neighbor is 40+ years old and his rich mommy & daddy bought the house for him, pay his bills, pay his lawn care and snow removal, etc. He doesn't work. The girlfriend doesn't work and supposedly doesn't live there - but she does. They didn't arrest her as my husband saw her close everything up and leave in taxi after the cops left. So, we're not sure what happens next.

More soon!

Annie
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    hickchic67 - good one :D definitely doesn't happen overnight... it is amazing what difference a good mattress makes... and, it's so great to get a good sleep...
    Sounds like you did good with your kids... so rare these days...I used to get so upset with Ex' sister... she would make a special meal for her youngest, after she made dinner for the family... if I didn't eat what Mom made for dinner, I just didn't eat... that's the way it should be... otherwise, you end up with spoiled, ungrateful brats (for lack of a better word)
    Glad yer starting to feel better!

AliNouveau- welcome! Maintaining is tricky... that is one reason I am here...I have lost and regained all my weight, more times than I care to say... once I lose it, I convince myself that I can keep it off, with no help... next thing I know, I'm back to where I started... this is a great place to come for support and encouragement.. stop by when you can

More laundry done... time to fold, then rest more..

This!!! I try not to log calories because I just get too obsessive but if I always have this place as a littler reminder to so some restraint. I never gain it all back but enough that I get to the what the heck are you doing point. It seems easier when there's a tangible goal of losing at least in my mind
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Annie - I bet you rocked it regardless! We are often overly critical of ourselves.
    A co-worker had the WL surgery last year. My neighbor is having it done this fall. There is an incredible amount of prep for months in advance. Its amazing everything they have to do and what all they have to give up. Like chewing gum - here is no way I could give up chewing gum!

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies~~

Running through.....busy day....must go look up all my food and track it.

Ali - I have not yet had the thrill of making it to goal weight, but I used to hear Weight Watchers Lifetimers at meetings say that every week they would be looking to hit the goal weight number on the scale, and continue to track and eat mostly healthy foods and exercise. Some said it was harder to maintain than to lose.
    I am praying I get to find out about that because losing certainly is hard for me.

Kathryn - My husband was being pushed by his doctors to have weight loss surgery done. We learned everything we could about it, saw several surgeons, etc. In the end, we learned that we wanted anything BUT that surgery. He buckled down, attended a non-surgical weight loss group at Roosevelt Hospital for a year, faithfully uses the MFP premium, and has been heading in the right direction. We are separated now, but I think he has lost roughly 75 pounds, working to lose another 100.

Annie and Dawn and Sara - yes, hug the doggies.

I need a new mattress, for sure. No money for that though, yet.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Potatoes baking (will eat 1/2 of one with chili/cheese - not sure about the other 3 servings yet). While waiting unloaded dishwasher and put eggs on to boil.

Dog is getting demanding around her food = which is better than not wanting to eat - maybe??

Lots of posts today - hello newbies!!

Annie - I am glad you went and enjoyed yourself. I also read about the neighbor - lets hope its a start of good change for your neighborhood. Sad in that those who get without working for it dont appreciate it.

In my family making my mother angry was never worth it - or you definitely didnt do it twice. I have heard kids tell their parents they will call CPS (child protective services) on them. Parent's answer should be "knock yourself out" and then document, instead of quacking in their boots like too many do.

Okay, hope to stop by before lights out.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Missy - I guess I didn't really remember how it affected me...(20 years ago... brain is a bit foggy from age) but, it's all coming back to me, quickly...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Neighbor upstairs is moving, she has a father to care for, so I gave her the business card of the place I bought my recliner, big enough and I sleep in mine (2 pieces of furniture in one) - I was thinking of her father's comfort. Never know....

I once had a job where I worked 12 - 4 am once a week and I didnt have the job for long (for many reasons but that shift was always tough). Dawn get a mask to wear so you can sleep better.

Winding down - wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    g099fgl65v0q.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    rqd7qv7ri21r.png
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I have to become Certified to give meds...I have no idea what I was expecting... but, I sat down tonight to start studying... within 30 seconds, I was so incredibly overwhelmed, I wanted to just walk away...I am so easily overwhelmed, so quick to give up...I talked to my Cousin, who is Certified and, she said it was easy... and, I truly want to believe her... it's the kind of thing, if she can do it, I definitely can... but, right now, I can't! I know, a lot has to do with being so incredibly tired and PMS...I feel so defeated this time of month... so ready to quit everything...I have about 2 weeks to study... then, I have 3 days of classes... right now, it feels incredibly impossible... hopefully, getting some sleep later, I will feel better about the whole thing...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good morning,

Dawn, it is not at hard as you think and it may mean more $$, try it and see how you feel about it - you are giving meds to the patients and not in the med room picking out which person gets which meds,right? That is a whole different kettle of fish and one I would not want to do myself. The fact that they offered the "promotion" speaks well of you.

Dog up and fed and oatmeal on stove. Potato / vegetable soup at the Cafe so I thought "why not?" Made short work of my lunch prep too......

Wave to all who follow, will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Dawn - If I may suggest....go easy on yourself and try to view both the night shift and the new learning and test as being easy. Try to not "give" the situation "power over you". Think positively. Encourage yourself. Don't fight this, and it will go better for you.
    Big, big hugs.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Frustrated today as it appears nothing really came from the raid at the neighbor's house yesterday. No arrest or charges as of yet. His mommy & daddy were there last night trying to make everything okay. (For crying out loud, he's in his 40s and as far as I'm concerned, they have only enabled him to continue this lifestyle by paying his way.) So, I'm crabby! I just really wanted him arrested and put away for awhile. And I'm wondering why the Drug Task Force would bother raiding them if they weren't going to arrest them on the spot!?? At least his dad (who owns the house) knows we know all about what happened, witnessed it, and that we are not happy. My DH joked that maybe the parents could just buy our house from us for a nice profit and then we could move!

Doing a little better with eating yesterday and today. Just trying to keep my mind busy and not think about it.

Co-worker also called in sick today which leaves all new work to me. She has worked here for 2 years and has probably a total of 10 hours of sick leave on the books. She uses everything she earns! I've never seen a relatively young person (35) need to call in sick pretty much every month - and sometimes twice per month. Yet, she never really seems sick.

Oh, and DH is having a filling and the start of two crowns done today which is costing us lots of $$$ even with our good insurance. There goes my plan to put some money in savings or to pay down the car - but at least it looks like we won't need to use a credit card. Still credit-card balance free but haven't quite closed the credit card account yet! Feeling like I should find another job.

Sorry, I guess I'm a Debbie-downer today. Hoping I can get outside tonight for a walk before the rain comes. Sunshine and walking can help cheer me up.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie~~

Two of the Cabana Boys are flying up to Minnesota on the private jet.
    They won't be able to do anything about the difficult people across the street, but they are bringing you some extra sunshine, a foot massage, and will be fluffing whatever needs fluffing!

I hope you can get your walk in today. Hang in there!

Lana
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hey Serial Starters...
    Sorry your day wasn't great Annie, how is the husband after his dental work? We have no dental coverage so I'm dreading if ever we need extensive dental work.

I was once married to a person in his 40s whose parents always bailed him out. It's pathetic he'd mock me for my salary which wasn't huge but it was enough and then go and ask him parents for money. Hope the situation is cleared up across the street.

I got a run in today, I haven't run in a week because of a sore heel. I wrapped it and put some heel inserts in my shoes and did an easy 5k run. It felt good to get out there while it wasn't raining. Tonight is my first day of summer ice skating which means drinks with my friends after. I can't wait!!!! I've needed an evening out for awhile since my husband has been working crazy hours or has been away.

So that's my story for today.
    Ali
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Potato reheating in toaster and chili on stove= just a minute....Just turned off burner.

Wanted to write at work, but I have more time at home.

Annie - wow do you have a "whopper" of a neighbor - the fact that the police were there may mean they are building a case - the fact that "mom/dad" bigbucks knows you are watching them may be the biggest key to this as they probably dont want scandal. Your DH had a really good idea - I had to laugh. This may just be chapter one - question is - who is telling the police about them?? Hope your DH dental visit goes well. Good dentistry is worth the money, even though the $$ is overwhelming.

Lana - I love your cboys care package - I was laughing to myself at work imagining the boys posing in Annie's front yard.......

Ali - glad you got a safe run in, hope your heel improves.

Missy!! Night shifts are not for everyone that is very true.

Dawn - if you dont want to distribute medicine that is one thing - not everyone's cup of tea - ask yourself would you wish you had sad "yes" in the future?

Lady with 40 bags to donate to charity just got a promotion at work, which is nice as she has been there a long time. I will have 12 hats to give her by her deadline.

Dinner is almost ready, dog is at my feet (she has had her goodies). Essay is done.

Wishing all a good night and good sleep.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - thanks for positive thoughts! I will try studying again tonight... had a short nap and hoping that helps..I'm not positive this is actually a promotion or meaning more money... hoping... but, when I was hired, it was made pretty clear that this is as good as it gets... I will try my best and keep fingers crossed it goes well...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie- nothing you said was Debbie Downer... trust me...I am Debbie Downer all too often... it is very upsetting when people are able to get away with so much...I see so many things, that I truly can't believe the person is still walking free... makes no sense...
    Good for you not eating your stress! And, not having CC debt is wonderful!
    Have fun with the CBoys! You deserve to be pampered!