Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• DallasLady87
    DallasLady87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Ali and Tilliesmommy, im going to try one of those tonight. :)
  • DallasLady87
    DallasLady87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe i will work out before bed it normally makes me super exausted
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @hickchic67 I've been curious about those paint nites. Everyone always makes such nice paintings. do they guide you or as you say you don't care because of the wine?

There is a certain picture everyone does and there is an artist there who leads you through it. They go step by step. Our instructor was an elementary school art teacher so she was really patient and had fun ways of telling us how to do things.

I have gone to one where we emailed in pictures of our pets before the event and the photos were printed on canvas like a paint by number. That was when I learned black dogs are the most difficult to do. Everyone else had a canvas that looked like a page out of a children's coloring book with large areas to paint. Mine looked more like a topographic map of the Andes with thousands of tiny spots and no large areas. :/ I wasn't able to finish it that night so its in my hallway, still unfinished. :(
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn - glad to hear you survived the other night. (and add me to the meatloaf care package list, please!!)

Lana/Annie - am going to have to try those Amy's meals now! I try to avoid eating processed foods but for those days when i am running short on time and patience they sure would come in handy!

It is incredibly quiet at work today. Most people took it off to make extra long weekend with the 4th of July holiday next week. I swear the silence is driving me insane. I had to turn on the tv for noise. I have to have noise to block out in order to force me to focus attention on what I am doing. Plus the building is dark and kinda spooky.

So many parties for the holiday. Am going to have to seriously exercise, both physically and mentally, to keep myself on track.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Hey there Dallas Lady~~

Try your best to get a decent amount of protein for your dinners along with a reasonable amount of healthy fat. This should help you last the evening without being starving again.

Go easy at dinner with the refined carbs and sweet stuff because that can set off that hungry feeling later on.

Hang in there!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kathryn - Spooky at work? Yikes!

Amy's bowls are my favorite, especially the 3 cheese with kale bake. They all have enough sauce/etc that I can add some leftover veggies to pad it out a bit, making a really satisfying dinner.

:smiley:
    Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

DH surprised me with donuts for my team at work. Did not need that sugar/calories but it was a sweet gesture. Ate a salad for lunch and lots of water. But seriously need to buckle down with no excuses after the 4th!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm up for happy hour. Is it here yet?
    Y boy for a new video game today but he's already played out. My mom forgot her cane in my car after lunch so I walked up and down the 9 flights if stairs to retrieve it since I'm too impatient to wait for the elevator. Next up walking to the store after I do an exercise video.

But now I want donuts you evil women
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just got word on the new union contract agreement for my job. Man, I wish DH could have waited until 2018 to have his crowns done! Our dental insurance benefits are getting better! And I wish we would have waited on DD's braces! She'll get them off next year but all the payments are done already.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Shoot isn't that always the way.

I did this killer tabata workout today. Why must they all incorporate push ups? I have wimpy shoulders.

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - your dental benefits are getting better? That is awesome and rare these days.

Ali - I have no real plans. Thinking about getting myself to the health club pool for some exercise and then some hanging around the pool relaxing and knitting! It will be interesting to see whether the place will be crowded or empty......I'll need to go to find out. It's going to be hot here in NYC tomorrow.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,352 Member
    Options
    Dinner is so exciting half a baked potato and cheese.....already over on calories so I had to refrain from going for the whole potato.....

I will be crawling into hammock to lay face down while dog flirts with cboys under Lana's Palm Tree.

We have neighbors who shoot guns in the air on the 4th so its just safest to stay inside and keep dog from bugging out.

Annie I am glad to hear your insurance benefits have improved - that is a good thing. Late is better than never and you may be very happy come next year.

In case I dont get back= wishing all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sara - my best friend from college now lives in Lander Wyoming. She always goes away somewhere, anywhere, around the 4th of July because so many people in the town just go shooting off their guns, at all hours, for the whole weekend. :O I am surprised you deal with that too in California! Yikes!

I should go to sleep now. See you all tomorrow ~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    No exciting fourth plans for me, either... our pup is too terrified, so we stay in...I will be working that night as well...

While I was resting today, I got a message from the Vet office that I had applied to..as much as I truly want to work with animals again, I'm really liking my job right now... at the same time, I'm afraid to turn it down... what if this chance doesn't come up, again...the woman that called me, really wants me to come work there... she knows me from the shelter, and my friend (former coworker) highly recommended me to her...
    And, to make things even more difficult for me, Mom asked me to move home to help care for Gpa.. apparently, she was wrong and Medicaid will not pay for home health care at all... and, as long as he is in nursing home, Gma has to pay $1,900/mo... that's with Medicaid...I would do anything to help Gpa... but, to move home, I would be giving up everything... including SO... so much for no stress...haha... Mom really knows how to make me feel terrible...I feel like a hypocrite...I'm always complaining about family not helping, yet I'm not running home...Ugh

Back to work...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed - early paper all this week has dog thinking her days starts earlier. I have to remember she cant tell time and she has no schedule.

Dawn - I agree with Missy at least find out what the Vet office offer is ...... Okay I had to read that big paragraph twice. You have a job and a life, why cant your mother take care of your gpa? Are there enough relatives to take a day or so a week? Dont let your mother guilt trip you into dropping everything to help. This has to be a discussion with SO and you first.

Regular weekend errands. Relatives will be in town for 4th and father's birthday. I have no clue as to their plans and I am the only one who will be working this week - so I get to jump/run as their bidding - dont be surprised if I dont see them. I find that inconsiderate.

Hope everyone has a good day, wave to all who follow. Going for more zzzzs.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Missy - I know the hours would definitely be better...as I am doing overnights, now...for some reason, I am thinking the pay is less... but, I may be thinking of somewhere else...I think I will talk to them, just to get all the info, good or bad...
    The thing with Gpa... It's so hard.. he wants to be home, so bad...I want him home... but, my family is worthless...not all...I really feel like a bad person... just so hard to make this decision...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - (Sound the foghorn, Lana is on her highest soap box on the beach)

I am here to tell you that YOU must take care of YOURSELF first. Nothing healthy or good ever comes of a person putting another person before themselves. It will ultimately cause you yourself more misery to put yourself last than if you put yourself first.

Your mother has strong reasons for guilting you now:
    1) she needs to be able to control you (if she fails now, she is sunk)
    2) she needs to set up a life-pattern, so that she has control over you, as an insurance policy to take care of HER, at your emotional and practical expense, later on when she is elderly and needs a caretaker.

You are an adult, a human being, and you are entitled and obligated to yourself to take the best care of yourself as you can. If you do not take care of you and look out for your own best interests, who will? Nobody.

This all will not be easy; it will cause changes in the relationship you have with your mother and maybe other people in your family, but I am strongly urging you to be strong for yourself!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dawn - As Sara and Missy have said, definitely investigate the vet job. Benefits are important just as wages are. See how it all compares to the old job and to the current job. You might skillfully make a counter offer of wages to the vet job, and they may meet your number.

Take a piece of paper and make it into 4 sections:
    Benefits and downsides of Vet job; benefits and downsides of Current job. Then you can have it in front of you to think on. Don't let the idea of leaving a job you just started to be a deciding factor; you can probably give them two week's notice, and they will survive if you leave them.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Another grey day here. Will it ever be sunny again?

Chisom - The simple math of losing weight is calories in < calories out, so as long as you burn more than you consume even after you reduce your workout and eat more again, you should not be gaining and still losing.

Dawn - I'm with Lana here, you need to take care of yourself first. You're not being selfish if you don't want to give up your entire life for someone else, even family. We're not just talking about dedicating a few hours of your freetime here but actually giving up some of the staples of your own life in favor of your family members. Nobody should ask that of you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - Thank you! Dawn there still should be a conversation with SO regardless of what you decide.

Off to run errands. bbl