Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Guilt sucks eh.
    Hope those cabana boys are able to spray it out of you
    The boy and I decided tomorrow is a beach day. We stopped and got supplies. I might need a cabana boy to help me lug it all from the car to the beach
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I was looking at the local news online edition and some genius got arrested for having 250 pounds of illegal fireworks. Just shaking my head.

Dinner is easy tonight as it is leftovers. Glad I walk so much- my calories evaporate quickly.

Will stop by before snoring starts under Lana's Palm Tree - basket full of cboys potions including:

Ace that interview spray
    Make your neighbor at work silent or invisible mist
    Attract eye candy spray
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Options

10kv5lr2xi3t.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    e12n43u4azkj.png

• AliNouveau
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Love those quotes.

I made the best garlic bread today. Yesterday I made two baguettes and made the remaining one into garlic bread. Super yum

And I indulged in pasta because I noticed my back rolls gone today yay

Anyone wanna come to the beach tomorrow. Apparently we'll be building a sandcastle
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ali - sign me up for sand castles and garlic bread! Sounds like a great stress reliever!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Yes, me too!!
    Definitely the sand castles, and maybe we can find some zero-calorie butter tarts ;)

Off to Occupational Therapy way too early this morning. I wonder what they are going to try to do to fix my brain?!

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, getting hotter here...... for a little while at least.

I would love to go to the beach. Will be thinking that as I sit behind my computer wanting to strangle it.....

Dog is my best alarm clock these days.

Lana - occupational therapy like physical therapy if it unties the "knot" of a neurological problem ( better movement and muscle use counts for that) then the brain can rest and spend its energy elsewhere. You are up early....

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning...

Lana - curious to what they will do to fix your brain... might ask for some pointers, as my brain is not the same as used to be... good luck today

Sara - dogs make great alarm clocks... whether you're ready to get up or not...

Getting ready to head home..
    Hoping for some good rest... doesn't matter if I tell everyone I work nights and am sleeping, they just don't stop trying to talk to me...I would turn phone off, just afraid there could be an emergency...

Will check in later...
    Have a great day
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I swear this summer has been a bad one. So my daughter totals my Jeep in June and then on July 4th, my son decided to be stupid. He was trying to show off while riding a little dirt bike, then hit the asphalt doing about 20-25 mph. (no helmet) Local Hospital had to transfer him up to the state Trauma Center. That’s where I spent most of my holiday and all day yesterday.

He is pretty torn up. Lost skin in a lot of places. His face looks like he went 12 rounds as George Foreman's punching bag. The worst was the concussion. He kept repeating same questions, saying same things again and again. It was like the movie Groundhog Day every other sentence. Very scary. That has gradually gone away and he is starting to remember some things but he still has lost any recollection of anything about 4 hours before the accident, the accident itself, and most of the night he was in the trauma unit.

We moved him back to our house temporarily while he is on the mend. Luckily the factory where he works shuts down for the entire week of the 4th so he has time to heal a bit before going in. He tore his feet up so much that I don’t think he will be walking around in steel toed boots anytime soon though.

So those were my fireworks for the 4th!

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Whoa~~Kathryn! So sorry to hear about your son's accident. I hope that he mends well and recovers from anything going on because of that head injury.
    I hope he doesn't rush back to work, because any place where you need steel-toed boots is someplace where you need 100% of your wits about you.
    Terrible. Big hugs for you~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Yes, Sara, I had to be up and out to make an 8AM appointment.

Dawn - Put your phone on silent, but leave it on. This way the messages can come in, but they won't disturb you, and you can get the info when you wake up or peek at it when you get up to use the bathroom.

I recently experienced two parents dying and one year of my own mess, and I can tell you that anything can wait 6 or 8 hours. Even the death of someone. Please get your uninterrupted sleep--you have to drive a car! You need sleep! You can't be getting in an accident because of the phone not being on silent because you are "on call". Don't be "on call". That's a life-wrecker. DH used to always be "on call".

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lana is full of wisdom today! I agree with Kathryn / Dawn message. at work....

okay that sounds wrong - her wisdom is worth reading twice. My brain today is making loud gastric sounds.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I did read my calendar correctly - it is the Dalai Lama's birthday ( my Japanese garden calendar) !!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    I swear this summer has been a bad one. So my daughter totals my Jeep in June and then on July 4th, my son decided to be stupid. He was trying to show off while riding a little dirt bike, then hit the asphalt doing about 20-25 mph. (no helmet) Local Hospital had to transfer him up to the state Trauma Center. That’s where I spent most of my holiday and all day yesterday.

He is pretty torn up. Lost skin in a lot of places. His face looks like he went 12 rounds as George Foreman's punching bag. The worst was the concussion. He kept repeating same questions, saying same things again and again. It was like the movie Groundhog Day every other sentence. Very scary. That has gradually gone away and he is starting to remember some things but he still has lost any recollection of anything about 4 hours before the accident, the accident itself, and most of the night he was in the trauma unit.

We moved him back to our house temporarily while he is on the mend. Luckily the factory where he works shuts down for the entire week of the 4th so he has time to heal a bit before going in. He tore his feet up so much that I don’t think he will be walking around in steel toed boots anytime soon though.

So those were my fireworks for the 4th!

OMG hope he recovers quickly. Concussions are weird things the last one I had I lost my peripheral vision for a little while. like maybe an hour and when asked how many fingers someone was holing up I got it wrong I'm told. I still think I had it right. He probably won't ever remember the accident our brains are nice that way.

I get to go skate tonight!!! on time!!! hubs is coming home after a meeting so yay I get to have Ali time!! The boy and I had lots of fun at the beach I'm thinking we will do it again
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    I did read my calendar correctly - it is the Dalai Lama's birthday ( my Japanese garden calendar) !!

Yes, His Holiness is 82 years old today!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

........waving to Ali~~~~

• AliNouveau
    Options
    ........waving to Ali~~~~

hey there!!!
    anyone wanna come help me fold laundry? It's piano lesson day might as well convince the piano teacher all I ever do is fold laundry or have it laying around the house waiting to be folded
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    * on my way to Ali's to help with laundry.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Aww you're the best.
    I am watching Ellen so it makes folding a bit better