Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

*running through tossing hat and bag onto lounge chair for later......*

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sometimes weigh-ins can be so doggone scary!

k5m7shahznyt.jpeg

Sara - thank you for the doggie!! Made me laugh out loud!

Lana

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July eve!! Anyone have any fun plans?

I just did a 45 minute tabata video. I entitled it the killer tabata of death. Perhaps I should see if the boy wants to go for a swim and I can lounge in the hot tub
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog doing better - need to remember she has allergies and may not always eat regularly.

Asian peanut chicken noodle salad nice quick dinner tonight.

Hope everyone has a good 4th of July (or Tuesday for the people not in America....). I am hoping to get my once a year chili cheese dog and fries. I order sweet potato fries to get a little more nutrition - I know I am fooling myself but it is a nice change.

Coworker was telling me about her taco salad - greens, turkey meat with taco seasoning, black beans, corn, chopped tomatoes, cheese and salad dressing. I asked about tortilla or tortilla chips and she said they dont use them with the recipe. Something to think about.

Will also watch Season 2 disc 1 of Gracie and Frankie tomorrow from netflix -

Hope your dogs dont make the above face when you weigh in. Dog stays out of area altogether - smart girl.

Under the Palm Tree with Lana later- foot massages and fruit drinks on tap.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! Hope everyone had a great weekend... back to work tonight..
    Called Vet...I'm really leaning towards taking it, but it doesn't have a lot of Pro's... less pay, only PT (for now. Definitely going to FT) No insurance...401k and vet discounts...(could be big benefit) I am going Fri afternoon, just to see if I will even like it...the reason I am leaning towards vet, it's days... even though I did this exact same schedule for 3 years, things are much different... mentally it's really getting to me... I enjoy the job...I like no drama, no stress...I just don't think I can continue nights...I worry about letting the boss down...I guess I'll just see what happens, Friday...

hickchic67 - yes, that is correct on Medicare...the whole thing is so incredibly disappointing... never thought Gpa would be in a nursing home... or, that half my family would turn out to be heartless... it's so hard, not beating myself up about this...

Food choices haven't been great last few days... honestly, haven't eaten much... which, I know isn't good either...

Gotta get myself ready... can only imagine how busy roads are going to be with all the festivities...

Will check in later...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Hickchick - it was very quiet at work yesterday as well with most people taking Monday off (those who could). It made for a long day but did not have the same noise distraction. Cube neighbor is moving to a new house and we wont see her until Thursday.

Our community has a 2 day event for the 4th and idiots blow up things in the large garbage bins which rattles me and the dog. The neighbors stopped at midnight and then blew something up at 4am, I was taking dog for a pit stop. My stupid neighbors must sleep during the day. Will be glad when this stops.

Dawn- night jobs are not easy. Glad you are going to see about the Vet job. Your current boss already knows how hard it is to keep people in that job- so she wont take it personally if you give notice.

Hoping for a chili cheese dog today - may have to deal with traffic and crowds as they serve it for lunch, but I may go earlier and see if I can get one earlier. I know they make hamburgers for truck drivers. If nothing else I can get chili cheese fries and use sweet potato fries.

My "job" today is to do a little cleaning and get a nap as it will be a long night.

BBL.
  • mirandaworkout
    mirandaworkout Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of july!! I'm new around here but wanted to pop in to say that we've all got this!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all the American friends here. Go indulge in something yummy and hug your dogs while they freak out because of fireworks. :)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~
    Miranda - thanks for popping in! Stop by more often :)

The fridge is a bit bare - need to come up with the meal plan for today......

BBL

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th! Just flying through. Have been perfectly terrible the last week and a half. I am AFRAID to check the scale, so I'm not going to. My parents leave Thursday and that is when I'm re-committing to tracking everything and not going over! Getting in the water and exercise. Cutting out sweets. My clothes feel seriously tight. Not feeling good about myself. I'm going to get back on track for a couple of weeks and then maybe worry about the scale.

The good news is that we've been having lots of great family time. :)

We are heading to the movies this afternoon and to the fireworks tonight. Hot and humid here today.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Wasnt sure if I wanted to go out to eat for breakfast or lunch and was watching a dvd and fell asleep. Phone call woke me up - seems my relatives are already in town and we are having lunch today - not sure where the miscommunication came into play, but at least I will see them and have a chili cheese dog.

Will also be looking for a nap again this afternoon.

Keep pets safe from the fireworks. Welcome Miranda! Hope you find a good meal plan Lana.

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Place I eat was closed and so we ended up at a Chili's - will probably have oatmeal for dinner between the calories and the salt grams.........

Just tracked - wowie on the salt grams from Chili's.

• AliNouveau
    Options
    Going out is horrible for sodium isn't it.

We had a fun day downtown we walked tons and spent ages at the aquarium and even got to have lunch with hubs. He'll probably be super late home now because of it but that was nice
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July! SO grilled some burgers and had some baked beans, chips and dip... his Mom came down... that was extent of my day... all I could do was sleep... they cleaned house while I was snoozin...I appreciate it... it was way overdue...

The other night girl is gone..NCNS... so, I am it...hmmm...as if I didn't feel bad enough... I asked my friend if her daughter would like the job... she prefers nights...due to some bad decisions, which led to actual charges, she is unable to care for children or adults... bummer...I know, it's not my job to find someone else...I just feel guilty...I really didn't think this would be such a big deal for me... then again, I'm just as nervous thinking about Vet... I'm just a mess...hahaha

I have been eating through the night, like a normal day...my last snack is about 4:00am... then, I go home and crash...with the thought, I don't want to eat and, then lay down...I have noticed, when I wake up, I am extremely nauseated and light headed... so, I run to kitchen and make half a PB sandwich... then, I'm ok...I'm just not sure how to remedy this... do I eat something light, when I get home? Or, just continue as I have? Scale has been up and down same 2- 3lbs for about 3 weeks...

Gotta go check on everyone..
    Have a great night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Air quality good and windows open. Fireworks and stupid neighbors at least did not go on very late. I know the police force was out last night.

I forgot how eating such a high salt laden meal feels - and to think I did it much more often.... nice to be able to reflect on my bad habits before and what they did to me.

Dawn - your job is to find a job that suits your life.

Oatmeal needs my attention. Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you...I know I put way more stress on myself than necessary...I just can't help it...I'm hoping after Friday, things will be more clear...
    Glad neighbors didn't keep you up too late...
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning. Back at the job of running to appointments. Ugh.

Sara is right Dawn -" your job is to find a job that suits your life."

Every day look in your eyes in the mirror and tell yourself that it is healthy to take good care of yourself.
    It is healthy to get rid of the idea of feeling guilty.
    I know some of us are raised with Guilt being a huge factor in life; it is the foundation of some religions.
    However, allowing the feelings of guilt to factor into our everyday life is very harmful.
    If you wish to leave the night job for the day job, do give some notice, so they are able to find a replacement......and then run to that new job and enjoy it.
    Hugs,
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - old habits die hard...I can't really remember being made to feel guilty, growing up..I think I started it myself... not really sure why.. but, I do know, the older I get the worse it gets...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Well Dawn, the only thing left to do then is to dispatch the Cabana Boys directly to you with the special Guilt-Release Spray. It smells good, and has a sunscreen too! They will also bring the Anti-Guilting Defensive Fogger to use on other people if need be! LOL~~

Big hugs,

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - those CBoys really do do everything! Hehe thanks for sending them my way!
    Hugs to you!