Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is officially my DAY 1. Slept in, took a shower and got cleaned up. 2 eggs, coffee & creamer for breakfast - all tracked. Just tracked all of the rest of my food for the day but still 10 points to use. Will need to choose wisely. Neck and hips hurting a bit this morning, so did some stretches. Planning to get in a walk this evening.

Looking forward to clothing fitting looser and tummy not feeling so distended.

Taking DD shopping for some new tshirts and shorts for volleyball camp this week. She is growing like a weed!

Time to fold some laundry...

BBL

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Back from errands.

Dont usually get chicken thighs but they had boneless/skinless and no boneless/skinless breasts. Smaller portions at least. Have peaches/apricots/plums and figs in 2 to 4 pieces and bananas for week. Buy local honey is more $$ but it is supposed to help with allergies - above recipe uses sugar but I prefer honey for texture. Bought a Bento box at Asian store that is plastic with a metal dish, wont use in microwave but it does keep me in better portion size, I am planning on using the above recipe to break it in -even if I have to eat it cold.

Laundry on will use heat to dry them. It is already warm today so it will be over 100 :/

Dawn - how did Vet job visit go?

BBL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ali- hope you were able to enjoy the zoo

Lana - I live on leftovers at times... it does make it tricky to stay on track, sometimes... but, good for budget...

Annie - good job getting back on track! You'll start feeling better before you know it...

Sara -I got the job at vet...I'm happy but nervous... it's a lot of stuff to learn... it's also, another cut in pay and less hours (for now) I'm just really hard on myself... they had hired a girl, when I applied for job... they've already let her go, because she wasn't working out... that's what worries me... what if I quit job I'm at, to go somewhere and it doesn't work? I'm just a mess....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Almost dinner time - dog is taken care of.

Saturday is eating out, premade salad and frozen dinner - tomorrow I will be in kitchen (cooler tomorrow) prep work for snacks and dinners.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options
    Dawn - Congratulations on new job. Please think positively! Chin up! Put on a happy face
    - you and SO can have a normal life now, and you will be with furry animals! You are a lucky girl!

Sara - Oy! 100? Take care dear. I do love the skinless, boneless chicken thighs. A few more calories, but more flavor and less dry I think. Yum.

Annie - The Cabana Boys are cheering you on. You can do this. If you work it, it works. Hugs~~

Waves to anyone else who stops by later, or who is lurking. You are welcome to say hello. :)

Time to lay down and watch Netflix.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn!! YAY - good news. They need a smiley face with a party hat on.... oh well.

I guess I added earlier without updating?? and missed your post. You have no clue why the other person left so just work on you keeping the job with the better hours and with luck they will increase your hours.

Lana - I like chicken but a little tired of the dryness of chicken breasts. Off to watch something on youtube and then not sure.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - thank you so much! I am going to do my best to go to the new job confident. I had a friend working there... was hoping to have her to help me adjust... but, she is no longer there... again, worry...the girls that are there are really nice... one seems a little stand offish... but, she may just be quiet like me... not sure when I'm starting...I told them I wanted to give notice at current job...I was asked to come in Monday afternoon to get a tentative schedule...still feel bad to leave boss hanging.. but, I have to do what's best...

Hope everyone has a great night...

• cyanfIower
    cyanfIower Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new to MFP, and when I saw the title of this thread and how active it was, I knew right away I wanted to start posting here too.

After about a year of feeling sorry for myself for gaining back all the weight I lost due to unsustainable methods, I snapped out of it and told myself that no one is going to lose this weight for me (a phrase I have begun to think of whenever I feel like giving up), and that gave me the strength I needed to get this wheel turning again.

I know I can't continue doing the same thing I've been doing all my life, which is why I've decided to change my mindset and learn to go easier on myself. There will be days I slip up, there will be days I don't eat "clean", there will be days I don't feel like working out, etc., but what I'm going to do instead of beating myself up for it, is learning to forgive myself for the moments I'm not perfect, and picking up where I left off.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all and in turn sharing in the journeys of countless other lovely individuals.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    cyanflower- welcome! You have found a great place for support and encouragement... sounds like you have a wonderful outlook and plan... way to be! Stay strong... you'll get where you want to be before you know it! Stop by and post any time you want..
    - Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Welcome to CyanFlower! I love that color!!

Dawn - sending you vibes of strength and courage. I know making transitions is not easy. Be mindful, stay in the moment as much as you can, and when you catch yourself worrying about the future, just bring your thinking back to now. Stay present.

Time for a shower, some Cheerios and strawberries, and then a walk before it gets too hot to walk.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

242.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning! Dog up and fed. So hot in here had to open window even with questionable air quality.

Groceries and then home to cook - my to do list. Hoping for a little more sleep.

Did read recent posts - will reread when I stop by after shopping.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning!

Lana - yer up early... hope you get in a good walk...I really need to get back to moving...I can tell I've been slacking... and stressing... not stress eating... but, still feeling effects of it...good job on WI!

Waves to Sara! Have a good morning!

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Rainy morning. We slept late as we decided to skip our church's outdoor service. Not feeling hungry this morning. So far, have only had coffee and water. Feeling restless like I want to go somewhere and do something but the weather around the state is not conducive to outdoor plans. :( Spent too much money yesterday already so should stay away from the stores. It might just be a reading or movie watching day at home. There is always housecleaning....

Looks like TOM is arriving, which is good because then it should be gone by next weekend when we leave on vacation. Maybe I'll stop feeling quite so much like a beached whale, too.

Lana - your weight just keeps dropping! Great job!

Dawn - good luck with your new job. I know you'll be great!

BBL

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Cyanflower - welcome! stop by when you can.

So hot today I will be doing all my cooking before lunch so I will have the chicken /roasted veg for lunch and salad for dinner.

Dawn - are you waiting until Monday to leave notice where you are? Remember the first week at any job is a blur.

Lana - hope you have a good walk.

Annie - spend time setting up for packing?

BBL
  • cyanfIower
    edited July 2017
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    cyanflower- welcome! You have found a great place for support and encouragement... sounds like you have a wonderful outlook and plan... way to be! Stay strong... you'll get where you want to be before you know it! Stop by and post any time you want..
    - Dawn
    Welcome to CyanFlower! I love that color!!

Thank you!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!!!!

My whole family slept in late today and then hubs discovered a bag had been stolen from his car last night so now the boy and I are heading out to walk around the neighbourhood in the hopes the thief tossed out all that was in the bag which was lots of work. Wish us luck
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been on WW for years and never lost a pound!! I love MFP.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Sweet potatoes out of oven, chicken and veg in - I am realizing how lucky I am to have the strength to deal with such a heavy cookie sheet - recipe says to use 2 I didnt read. There will be a time when I cannot - knees/back etc, so I am grateful.

Raquele - welcome, good luck and stop by when you can. I have not lost weight on MFP but I have made strides in my sodium intake which was one of my main goals - that and not eating hydrogenated foods (corn syrup and soy protein are my pet peeves).

Kitchen hot so fans/widows open for awhile.

Will be watching Elizabeth R on dvd.
  • cyanfIower
    Options
    Just got back from my without, feeling very refreshed.

Also, for some reason I was always too intimidated to use the MFP app in the past. I thought the food diary would be complicated and time consuming, but it actually saves a lot of time. Everything is so organized and it's a lot easier than trying to keep a food diary on my own.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- yes, I am waiting till Monday. I'm still deciding if I want to stay on a few nights, just for money... but, I'm really feeling I want to be done with nights...hope you didn't melt in the heat... gonna be hot here this week... ugh