Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Window open as air is cool which is a welcome change. I would normally go back to sleep as dog is done with her morning routine. Trying to cool down place a little more.

Toes and hair today. Asian market in same shopping area so will get some more tea. I am used to having strong enough tea bags for 2 cups, but tea box in my office desk is failing me and is almost out, so I will try a new brand. Will also get tortillas as they make them (the tortilla chips are fabulous and I get them for pot lucks at work so I can have a couple) and enchilada sauce to make http://www.skinnytaste.com/cheesy-zucchini-enchiladas/ have not tried it but if you have zucchini plants this may help you. First garden as a child we had 3 plants and squash for the neighborhood. I learned how to make zucchini bread using a old fashioned meat grinder to "shred" the squash.

Will stop by as my day progresses. Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    oooh have fun getting your toes and hair done. You get your tortillas at an Asian market?

Well I discovered my foot is doing weird things in my skate too and it hurts today. I might take Thursday off skating this week. I'll see the physio guy again on Thursday so maybe he'll have some insight. But what I thought had been a problem with my boot or blade has been my stupid foot. I don't like getting old anymore
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Ali - I am sorry I call it an asian market but it is an International market.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited July 2017
    The zucchini enchiladas recipe sounds yummy. Will have to try that next time I have zucchini.

Flooding everywhere today from all the rain the last few days. Have seen so many pictures of people who try to drive through floodwaters and end up getting washed away or stalled and have to be rescued. Seriously people! Just because you are in a vehicle does not make you impervious to flood waters!

Going to get eyes checked today. Having trouble focusing at times and they are dry and itchy, more than just the regular allergy itching.

Looks like my daughter is leaving her apartment. When she totaled my Jeep, she had been driving to move stuff to new apartment. The landlord cannot get the place ready. The previous tenant seems to have done some "interesting" things with plumbing and electrical. There is still no running water, no stove, HVAC not working, and several electrical issues including its is the old knob & tube wiring. So she is giving notice and moving out. She cant live there. She is devastated as this was her big move to independence since breaking off her engagement. She doesn't really want to move back home so now I am afraid she will jump into first available place whether she can actually afford it or not and/or if roommates are questionable character or not. I told her she can move back home but she is not happy with that idea. Says she doesn't want to be a mooch. <eyeroll>
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Between appointments...... hoping for a nap. Getting a lot extra done today too.

Lady who colors my hair says that the back of my head gets gray faster than the front - so glad I cant see it!!

Doing okay eating today so that is nice. Rice cooked and waiting to make fried rice for dinner.

BBL.
  • AliNouveau
    It's cloudy and threatening rain here. Boo

I went with my mom to a neurologist appointment. She has Parkinson's and is waiting to get a procedure to relieve symptoms. We got notice of her first appointment with the neurosurgeon next week. Eek!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

For a day off, I got a lot done. I made vegetable fried rice and have 2 servings to go into freezer. I washed the dishes in the sink - only to put more in :/ . Nice hair color and pink toenails.

Even got a nap with the dog she allowed me to sleep..... a lot of noise outside today.

I was reading the People magazine article on 6 or 7 ladies who lost over 100 pounds each. I wanted to know how long it took. They listed a sample menu for each of them. Need to look in the mirror know I am eating more fruit/veg drinking more water and will divide my lunch in 2 to have for dinner. Small but good steps.

Need to put kettle on for hot water bottle for eyes and make herb tea.

Wishing all a good night
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member

Oh my goodness - lots happening in the lives of all of you!

Kathryn - flooding and eyes and daughter! What did the doctor say about your eyes? I hope things go well for your daughter. Knob and tube.......are you on the west coast?

Ali - sending good wishes for your mother and her upcoming procedure.

Sara - happy hair and happy pink toenails~~ No wonder the Cabana Boys are all over on your side of the pool!

Waves to Missy and Annie and Dawn~~~

Time for Netflix.....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Oh Sara - did the article say which weight loss plans the ladies were on? Just curious. I wonder if they had personal trainers.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    the article had WW, atkins, vegan, and I dont remember the others and I was too busy looking at the food menu they ate - it is the People magazine with Mr/Mrs Obama on the cover.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara - those zucchini enchiladas look so yummy! I would probably have to make a batch for me and something with meat for SO... although, we made a dish with nothing but veggies and pasta once... he absolutely loved it...I wish I didn't see all the grey in my hair... actually, mine is more white than grey...I had a hairdresser once, tell me I was "too young" to have this much grey (32 at the time) needless to say, I didn't go back to her...
  • arniedog74
    Ali - sorry about your foot.. maybe, a few days off is what you need.. hope all goes well with your Mom...my Gpa was diagnosed with Parkinson's a couple years ago... unfortunately, he was misdiagnosed and there is no treatment for his disease...

Kathy - so sorry to hear about your daughters troubles... maybe, she will realize that moving home isn't so terrible and she will use is to her advantage, to take time to find the perfect place...I understand her thoughts... my Mom keeps asking me to move home... I just can't...

Lana - waves to you... hope you are doing well...

• arniedog74
    Spoke with current boss, tonight. Was so worried she would be mad at me for leaving. She's actually sad, yet thankful for me giving notice instead of just walking out. I thought about it for a second, only because I was so nervous about her reaction... of course, I started crying... which, is a huge concern about working at Vet... guess I will see how it goes... boss said, I'm always welcome to come back if it doesn't work...
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Hi,

I'm Rsamuelsgold and I'm a serial starter.

I joined a gym again last week and then got a sinus infection so no exercise for me this week.

My diet hasn't been consistent. I need to start building up good habits again.

I have all the tools just need to follow through.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Poor dog of mine, allergies for both of us. She used to take benadryl but it makes her too "loopy" with the meds she must take. I can hear her "stomach" from here. Wont be surprised if she eats grass again.

Dawn - Glad you spoke to current boss, good to know that if Vet doesnt work out you can go back..... You could easily use ground chicken or turkey with the enchilada recipe......

rsamuelsgold - welcome, you do have the tools - add your good habits slowly and they stay around longer.

I walked into the nail salon and it was crowded..... time of day was part of it but 2 of the ladies came together (one drives as the other was 94, she looked closer to 80). I had shopping at the store in the same mall so I dropped off my nail bag, I am a bag lady - I had 3 by the time I got home , knitting/nails and groceries.

Will lurk from work, wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Sara - good idea on the turkey or chicken... he would enjoy that... he would like the zucchini with meat...lol..I love bags! I have a bunch of them... always forget them at home when I go to store :/ hope Miss T feels better, soon

rsamuelsgold- welcome... good luck on your journey... this is a great place to come for support and encouragement... stop by when you can
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Welcome to Rsamuelsgold! Join in with us when you can!

I have been doing very well sticking with the MFP routine of lightly figuring out what my meals are for the day at the top of the day and entering at least some of it into the online tracker diary.

This evening is my first meal at a restaurant in two weeks; looking forward to the socializing, but not looking forward to playing the guessing game with the calories, but I will. It's a Mediterranean restaurant--Mezze. Lots of little things, with a 1/4 cup of many things. I decided though--no cocktails, no wine. I told myself that instead, if I want to, I can have a dessert, but the alcohol would guarantee that the weight-watching would go out the window, so water or seltzer for me.

So I'm going to do some homework now and plug in some hummus and tsaziki and salad and cheese, olives, and mushrooms, olive oil....Pita bread......

Dawn -that was nice of the woman at current job to say you are welcome back. Feels good.

Sara - Jeez I hope Miss Tillie feels better soon......and the both of you with the allergies! Cabana Boys coming with Soothing Magic Misting Spray so you have a good day. Actually I thing all of us could use some of that! Done~

Lana

today 241
    highest 250
    goal 185

• arniedog74
    Lana- great WI! Looks like you might be onto something with your planning and tracking... way to go... sounds like you are going into your eating out with a good plan and will do well...I think I would much rather have dessert over cocktails...I used to have both and not think twice... but, as I cut out drinks a few years ago, dessert it is...I won't be cutting out sweets, any time soon....hehe... hope you are able to enjoy your dinner without too much worry ...

It is nice to know that I am welcome back at this job.. means I'm doing something right... one of the residents told me she's sorry to see me go, but she understands... it's amazing how quickly people can get used to others, or attached even... I've not been there long and only briefly speak to her...it's good to know I am liked... just hope the next person is just as nice, nicer would great, too...

Ok, I need to try to get some rest..
    Everyone have a great day...
    Check in later.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Thursday!!!! It's Friday eve yay.

We just booked flights for our trip in August....now I have to find a place to stay. I need to run (not literally since I'm not allowed to) cause I have to get to physio. Greg better work miracles today
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    @AliNouveau enjoy the trip.

@arniedog74 congrats on the new job.