Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down 1.2 (had to look twice and check my math....), so extra water is my goal this week. Heat will not be as extreme.

rsamuels - isnt making things ahead great? Good job!!

Air quality too bad to open windows, maybe tomorrow? Oatmeal on and time to drink more water.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- great WI! This week heat is going to be miserable, here... heat indexes will be well into triple digits... no fun for sure...

Current boss asked me if I would consider staying on, PRN...I told her I would... I'm such a sucker... just can't say no... oh well... if things don't work out at vet, I still have this job to fall back on...

Going to apply at other vet, this morning.. I'm scheduled to start at one vet, 24th.. I've not been offered job at 2nd vet, but because my friend has talked so much about me, it's a good possibility... would just have to decide which would be best for me...

Will check in later...
    Have a great day all
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Monday!!!

Good luck with the vet applications

Yay Sara how awesome

It's dreary here today. I need to figure out entertainment for me and the boy I'm thinking Science centre but driving there is a pain since it's through a construction zone....oh the dilemma haha
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sara - WTG that's a nice loss.

Ali - Science center sounds fun hope the drive isn't too bad.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ali - Indy car races? We certainly get enough of that here! I live outside Indianapolis, used to work near the Speedway, and military always plays big part in it. The entire month of May is nothing but Indy cars and related events! There is always something going on at the Speedway - Gran Prix, NASCAR, Red Bull air races, MotoGP, etc.

Sara - There is a ginger candy I get that I love. Cant recall the name of it for anything right now. Its individually wrapped and is more of a chew instead of a hard candy. Although I do have some ginger drops that I like too. I will have to find the bag and let you know the name. I buy it in bulk section of a health food store.
    Way to go on dropping the weight!

Dawn - everyone wants to hire you! that should definitely boost your confidence and self-esteem. you can do anything you put your mind to!!

rsamuels - i need to get into habit of prepping. it would save me so much time and effort.

Everyone going on vacation B) - Enjoy! I'm jealous! LOL

Weekend went by too fast. Saturday had community cookout. I did very well and behaved myself food-wise but I did sneak in a few drinks which tipped the calories out of my favor. Sunday was offroading in the jeep with a group of new friends. It was much hotter than the weatherman predicted so I didnt feel well at the end of the day and climbed into bed early.

My son had another appointment with wound doctor today. They cut out the ones in his feet & knee again to get them to heal properly, they said. All I know it was painful for my son and rather gross for me. He goes back again Wednesday. His concussion is resolving itself nicely according to dr but he has to be very careful not to hit his head again. (I think he needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap and wear a helmet at all times! LOL)

• AliNouveau
    Oh my goodness sounda barbaric what they did. Your poor son.

We had fun at the science centre. There's a fountain outside where you shoot water to make water bullets. We discovered that someone can control one jet and shoot someone standing on the side. I got lots of glares from the other adults as I encouraged my son to stand in the line of fire but who cares we had fun and I keep towels in the car in the summer for impromptu water play like this. Now we have to walk to the sports store to get a pin to blow up some balls. He plans on riding his bike, I don't have one so I'll be walking quickly... Foot don't fail me now
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi, I would like to make some friends on MFP, people who can help hold me accountable & provide encouragement as I would also do the same. Not sure what else to say, if anyone wants to know anything please ask.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member

Hi All~~

Sara - Congratulations! Great going!!! Cabana Boys are getting ready for fluffing and foot massage for you!

Dawn - Job life is getting very interesting, isn't it? Make hay..... :wink:

Kathryn - Glad your son is getting proper care now, even if painful. :neutral:

Ali - Fun in the fountain! Towels in the car is a smart thing :wink:

Waving to RSGold, Missy, Annie, Saltine and anyone else who stops by later~~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Letter in mail, I paid too much to my medical group this year (probably a copay) and they want to refund my money - $10.00 come to mama.....

Leftover zucchini enchilada with rice for dinner.

Kathryn - I am tempted to buy a small amount of a couple of different kinds of ginger candy, but I would appreciate the name of the one you have used.

Would be nice to open windows again, we shall see.

Saltine love the picture and you are welcome to stop by and post whenever you want.

Will be with Lana under the Palm Tree waiting for those deluxe foot massages. I will bring Tillie's brush for her attention time. Cold drinks anyone?

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Thanks everyone! I put in app, today.. lady that I needed to talk to was busy...I let them know, I was friends with one of the girls there...as I was sitting there, I heard a lady say, "I love miniature horses" I thought, that's an incredibly random thing to say.. until, I went to get into my car...I obviously didn't hear the beginning of the discussion...as the Doc was in the parking lot, working on a miniature horse! Wow! Was definitely not what I was expecting to see... definitely something I would never see, at vet I'm going to... kinda cool actually

Didn't get much sleep, today... read posts, but brain isn't working quite right...will try to catch up later...

Have a great night all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Window open and air quality okay which is a nice change. Quiet paper delivery so no abrupt wake up with dog.

Cranky yesterday. My TOM may account for some of it. Mondays are sometimes hard to handle.

Two dentist apts this week one to check on night guard and one to clean teeth. No drills or anything like that. Phew.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Sara - Sorry about that cranky feeling - I hope it passes for you and you settle into the week peacefully. You've been doing well for yourself, so keep focused on the good things when work/whatever gets annoying. Hugs~~

Dawn - So cool to have seen the miniature horse! Get your rest when you can~~

Waves to everyone else who stops by today~~

Lana

.....continued......
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2017
    Well girls, the new scale came to the NC house. I am SO relieved to have it here.

This is the second scale of this manufacturer that I've had, and I like it very much. (DH took the first one with him to Las Vegas, and that one is still working just fine.)

We got them on Amazon Prime: EatSmart digital bathroom scale. Simple. No frills, just gives you your weight. $20.00 Model ESBS-01 Scale made in China for a company in Seattle, Washington.

It has a clear tempered glass top/surface, so it is super easy to keep clean. Big numbers and holds the weight so I can step off and see the lighted number without my eyeglasses on. It weighs in .2 increments, and can change to kilograms or stone if you wish.

Bonus: Although is doesn't say it anywhere on the packaging, it comes with a cute retractable tape measure.

Lana

241.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Sara - Reeds Ginger Chews. I get them in bulk at local health food shop. 6sxzsd2xkx78.png I like them because they are individually wrapped so I can just toss some in my purse and go. They are called chews but I tend to eat them like hard candy - just let them dissolve in my mouth.
    There is no brand name on the ginger drops I get. They are just in a bulk bin. They look like old fashioned lemon drop hard candy but are brown, like rootbeer colored.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm tired this evening. I feel drained and hungry. About to take a nap but thought I'd stop by first.

I love ginger snaps (soft ginger candy). They're like ginger Turkish delights...

Tried a new tea today. A tea boutique opened near work. I had a choco coco cinno which is coconut and chococinno but without the coffee. It was really good.

Wave to everyone.

I'm going to nap now.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi everyone,

Not really sure what to say on here but here goes...

I am having some issues with my weight, I started in Feb of this year on MFP, by end of May I was down 14 lbs, stayed at that weight until Friday of last week, weighed myself on Sat and was down another 1.5 lbs. I didn't get a chance to step on the scale on Sunday but did Monday morning before work and gained 4lbs! Weighed myself again today and up another lb :o My weekends are never perfect usually gain about 2lbs then lose them during the week so now I have started a spreadsheet to track my weight for a couple months to see how it fluctuates. not sure if I gained that much fat or if Tom is visiting soon :#

If anyone has any advise I am all ears!

I hope you all had a great day, talk to you soon.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Good evening,

Short note before dinner....

Saltine - what habits change for you on the weekend? Are these your days off? Most of us without the work schedule sneak in more food and do less exercise.... Advice - look at your habits and think in terms of long term. What would you be willing to do forever?

Okay that was quick dinner was done. Nice when I can thaw something in fridge and reheating is all I have to do. Love lazy dinners.

Kathryn- big thank you!! for showing the package, is on my to do list and was not an option (not first page) on amazon. Ordered 2 different brands of ginger candy and some Scottish breakfast tea. Will let you know the verdict.

Reading and then a little knitting. Wishing all a good night.
  • AliNouveau
    edited July 2017
    Hey all busy day here physio, video games, swimming... Omg the water was glorious today, now skating anyone wanna come?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Tomorrow is dental cleaning and my dentist asked me yesterday to ask her what areas do I not brush well. Nothing like a dare to get me to pay attention. Seems we have 16 areas in our mouth and we all miss a couple and they vary from person to person.

Window open and wonderful cool air coming in. Hope things are not too hot where you are.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    Good morning...

Sara- that is interesting that they asked you what spots you miss...you would think they could tell...I know I miss spots... and, the more I try to focus, the more I miss other spots... ugh

Heat Advisory here until Saturday... Heat Indexes up to 115! So glad I'm inside...SO not so fortunate... they work outside... building a deck...I told him, run and jump in the lake for a minute... it's scary hot out there... possibly little break starting Sunday... calling for rain till Tuesday... slightly cooler weather, 80's..I feel horrible for the neighbor dogs just running lose...I put water out for them...I would love to bring them into my house... but, they are so full of bugs and fleas are already a problem... hopefully, they will be ok and we get the break in heat they're saying...

Sleeping has not been coming easy to me the last couple days.. not sure if I just have too much on my mind... yesterday, I slept about an hour and woke up, incredibly nauseated... fixed a little rice.. it seemed to help a little... then, I was wide awake... blah.
    .. only 2 more nights and hopefully, I can get back to normal sleeping hours..

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Waves to all