Serial Starters

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hey Lana right now I'm resting it and doing stretches. I'm supposed to ice it and take Advil to reduce inflammation but I forget to until it hurts. I'm a terrible patient.

Hope your Friday was great
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Not a good food day.... tummy is letting me know... ugh...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    SATURDAY

Good morning!

Paper here, dog up out and fed. With any luck a little more sleep for me.

Air quality unhealthy for those of us who are sensitive, so window stays closed.

Errands then home. No plans except to nap and knit.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member

Good morning Ladies~~

I'm getting ready to go down to NC for two weeks. Two weeks with no appointments (PT & OT) and time alone where there are green things and the swimming pool to work out in.

Between the dinner out on Thursday evening and yesterday eating way over calorie goal, and the scale is UP. I am glad that I saw good numbers in the middle of the week. I am not discouraged, just annoyed. With my body, I cannot stray off course at all, or the numbers show it big time.
    New bathroom scale is ordered for the NC house, so should arrive Monday. I cannot do two more weeks there without a scale and only a tape measure.

Dawn - I hope your tummy rights itself very soon.

Sara, Ali, Kathryn, and Missy--enjoy your weekend. Annie - have a great vacation!

I'll stop in tonight. Sara - you keep an eye on The Boys today. Hope Miss Tillie is feeling fairly good and can play with them.

Lana

242.8 today
    250 highest
    185 goal
    waist is still 48 inches
  • AliNouveau
    Hey Lana have fun. Sounds like a great relaxing vaca.

Don't worry about the scale drink lots of water it's probably fluid retention eating out is so sodium laden

Today we're meeting friends at the zoo. Yay. I suppose my foot will hurt but I'll survive
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Lana - are your radiation treatments done? Not sure and I am brain farting too much lately anyway......

Only ginger/crystallized I could find in International store had a "lead warning" on it. I will do without that possibility. Put on tomorrows shopping list.

Had roasted vegetables for lunch - one more chicken thigh was too much. Dishwasher running and may make oatmeal to have for lunch as well. Strange lunch but oh well.... If I find the energy I can make the zucchini enchiladas today --- nobody hold your breath it might hurt, but will let you know how it goes.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Made Cheesy zucchini enchiladas -they are not difficult ( I bought a can of sauce) and they are quite good. Consider doubling the recipe as a 4 inch corn tortilla is a little on the small side. I made rice with it as the sauce I bought was spicier than I had planned.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana I am watching season 2 of Gracie and Frankie and it was amusing in season 1 but it is actually funny in season 2 - in case you want to binge watch on Netflix.......
  • AliNouveau
    We had a friend and her son over after the zoo. We had ribs and lots of yummy stuff and planned out curling for next year. It seems I be curling twice a week Yay. But I'll be practicing lots. Eek
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana - enjoy your time in NC... lately, I've been wishing I had a place to escape to... too many things on my brain...tummy is ok... trying to make better food choices..

Sara - glad enchiladas turned out yummy...

Ali - curling? Hmmmm

Annie - if you don't stop by before vaca... hope it's a great one...

Kathryn - hope you have a great, stress free weekend...

Waves to Missy, rsamuelsgold... anyone else who stops by..

Hallmark channel is having Christmas in July and I caught one movie, tonight...I get it from Gma... she would always be humming Christmas songs in July... this year, is sure to be the hardest, yet...Gpa is doing much worse, even since I was there in June...I really dislike this disease... really...
    Hate is such a strong word and I try not to use it... but, it's the best fitting

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and food is out, she was eating grass in the dark, so more on our morning walk I am sure.

Groceries and then some prep work for weekday snacks. Made entree yesterday so it will be a quiet day in the kitchen.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Only one eye open so far this morning.
    I must confess that yesterday I did some way overboard eating at the airport. I found myself in one of the club lounges killing two hours, and American Airlines had way more free offerings than they ever used to. Soup, trail mix, a cookie, and a brownie, on top of the fresh veggies and hummus. Oh well.
    Back on TRACK today and this week.

Sara - I am finished with radiation; now I've been doing Physical Therapy to get back range of motion and strength in arms along with Occupational Therapy to try to get back some brain power lost to the chemo fog. I don't know if that's going to actually work out.
    I hope you have a nice relaxing day.

Dawn - Sorry to hear about your grandfather. This is going to be a very rough time for you and your family.

Ali - Curling is interesting (Olympics seen on TV) - a game of skill, brains, as well as the whole physical part. Is this brand new to you, or have you done this in the past?
    Has your foot been X-rayed?

OK - Time to go build today's meals into the MFP tracker.

Lana
  • AliNouveau
    Christmas in July yay

And yes ladies I curl. I started two years ago and I love it. I've only done Fridays with hubs and our team but last year I subbed a few Tuesdays and it was super fun so I'm going to again. I curl and I figure skate. Doesn't get much more Canadian than me.

Happy Sunday all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Was looking for ginger candy to take to work, allergies have my stomach all messed up - maybe I should be eating grass like the dog does?? Two of us on the ground eating grass..... what an image!! Found dark chocolate covered crystallized ginger. Had a two for price which helped. Will take some to work to show coworker she is drinking ginger beer- one thing I have learned that if you want "x" get it in its purest possible form.

Curling anyone? Uses a lot of arm strength for brushing and balance so exercise points for you.

Driving to grocery store I decided to use the heat 104 in my favor and do laundry to let the heat outside dry my sheets and towels. It is a treat to have clean sheets after a long hot week.

Premade salads for lunches / 2 servings of fried rice / 2 frozen lasangas/ 2 servings of enchiladas made yesterday, so an easy week after work.

Lana - I do know that there is a computer program that elderly people use daily to keep their brains from deteriorating. But consider crossword puzzles/ word finds etc or play solitaire (on phone?).

Stinky it is already warm..... stay cool out there.
  • AliNouveau
    104?!?!? Yikes are you melting. Have you tried ginger tea or in like peppermint tea for stomach upset. It's so soothing.

I like the challenge of curling. I get the balance fairly easily because I've lived on ice so long but the weight and trajectory is a challenge. Luckily people offer help and I'm not shy to take them up on their offers so I'm learning. It's also fun to go practice and have the rink to myself many afternoons

It's a pool day. I invited my brother to bring my mom for lunch and then the boy and I will swim. Let's hope the clouds stay away

And can you believe it... There's an Indy car, I think, race way downtown and we can hear the cars periodically
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2017
    Is this the race? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Indy_Toronto

Have had ginger/lemon tea on hand for a long time, just looking for something new.

I love the fact that you have ice rinks available - way too hot here = way too expensive to keep running so they are few and far between.

Tracked my food today and stayed green. Nice that fruits dont have too many calories - sugar is another story.

Apricots/plums/bananas on hand for fruit - sweet potato/ premade salad/ fried rice for vegetable. Now if we can get the scale to cooperate...... just a number, right?

Off to drink more water. Laundry is drying on patio very well....
  • AliNouveau
    Sounds like a productive day. Fruit is awesome such a treat when. It's fresh

Thst is thwbracw and it's 10km away. I can hear it imagine how loud it is there. Yikes

My rink recently updated so we can have year round ice. They used to have to let it melt once a year but now they don't. There's no curling sadly. Thst rink isn't insulated well so it is thawed in April after the leagues are done
  • LanaCabana537

You two have me thinking that I need more fruit in this house. Tomorrow!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I give myself points for not running to the store to celebrate National Ice Cream Day!! I used to be so good at participating in these "national holidays" including national doughnut or national cookie day.

Dog and I are in for awhile before her last "out" . 103 was posted as our highest and tomorrow should be upper 90's which is appreciated.

Weigh in is tomorrow, and whatever the # - the fact that I am keeping the habit is more important than the #.

Wishing all a good night.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Good morning,

It's a new week and I'm well rested. Off to the gym for a run and then the work day starts.

I prepped lunch :-) super proud so my morning was chilled.

Enjoy the day

BBL.